TALKBACK - Ben 10: Ultimate Alien - "The Ultimate Enemy, Part 2" - [3/31]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Mar 31, 2012.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 052 - [​IMG] - Number 232

The Ultimate Enemy, Part 2
    premieres
    TODAY at 9:00 AM
    repeats
    NONE

On the series finale...
    Vilgax resurfaces more powerful than ever.​

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I have seen it, won't spoil it until everyone see it but it does clear questions about a few things that made us confused at first,

3. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Only fitting that McDuffie wrote the series finale for this universe.

4. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

Good to see Vilgax threatening again at the end of this series at least, say what you will about his villian deterioration but you have to admit, the way he trolled Dagon like that was sweet.

5. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Man that was predictable! Last week from the commercial alone it looked like exactly this was gonna happen, with them showing Vilgax covered in that golden aura and taking on his octopus form, now we see Ben use the sword and defeat Vilgax.

Washington is kick butt! and now he's faceless.

That was anti climatic, though Vilgax manipulating Ben could have been pretty awesome if he went along with it.

6. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

Yeah I'm really annoyed that the previews basically spoiled half the plot.:sad:

7. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

No it wasn't.

The OMNITRIX is back!

8. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

Let the Omniverse begin! I would like to see if Azmurth keeps his word with Ben getting his full powers when he turns 18.

I wished that Ben took the Generator Rex route and tried to erase all evil. We all knew about 'Ben 10: Omniverse' coming in the Fall but I wouldn't mind living in a world of peace if I was in the show's universe. Then again, someone would probably be bored with it all and cause mayhem ala Mojo Jojo in the 'Powerpuff Girls Rule' episode.

9. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

So would I! Ben with master control and the new Omnitrix will be awesome, add to that all the new and old aliens and we have a recipe for some great stories.

That actually would have been pretty great! after all evil would not have just disappear, it would only come back in a new from.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  10. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Speaking of Generator Rex, I have to say "End Game" was a better series finale than this one. It didn't fell like a series finale, it was more a season finale, a good series finale, but still they could have tried to tie as much as they could together like "End Game".

If Ben went along with Vilgax idea, he would kill everyone that had an ounce of evil, and what does the sword interput as evil. Of course Vilgax would be the first one to go. But most of the universe would be dead, as most people has some evil in them, only the pure would be alive. Let's see, if Ben went along with it, not only guys like Vilgax, but also dead would be Kevin, Argit, Elena, JT, Cash, Highbreed, Charmcaster, Overlord, Jennifer Knockturn, Will Harrangue, and I wouldn't put it past the sword to intrupt Gwen and Max as evil. But still Harrangue? I think I might rethink that if we are talking about Harrangue.That is intising to kill him.

11. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I don't think the sword has a mind of it's own. If anything all that would be destroyed is what Ben interprets as evil not what the sword does.

12. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

I have to say, this finale didn't impress me at all. Don't get me wrong, the ending was nice (especially the flashbacks which I watched frame by frame) but this just echoes what I hated back in season 1.

They hyped Dagon's character a lot, and then he just turned out to be "too powerful" so they suddenly turned Vilgax into the main villain and he looked EXACTLY like Dagon. It was very similar to what they did with Aggregor and Kevin.

But again, I liked the ending but it really has no meaning since we'll be seeing the younger Ben in the next series.

Plus, I never really liked Julie that much and it was very disappointing not to see any of the other Ben 10 characters in the finale. Especially Grandpa Max.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with this finale, as well as the series as a whole. Ultimate Alien had its highlights, but I liked the original series and Alien Force a lot more. I hope Omniverse is better, but the animation looks odd to me and I don't really like that we're going backwards in time to when Ben was ten.

13. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great Episode :anime:
    Cool to see Ultimate Waybig including Ultimate Wildmutt and Chromastome
    My favorite parts are Mount Rushmore Shooting Lasers and Ben defeated Vilgax with The Sword
    I can't wait for Ben 10 Omniverse and their new aliens :anime:

14. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Rex did not really "Erase evil" he deactivated everyone's nanites but that was his purpose from the beginning of the series only in a planetary scale.

Though I did see a similarity between Ben and Rex's final episodes with both heroes gaining god like powers at the end.

15. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

According to Eugene Son, Yuri Lowenthal, Ashley Johnson, and Greg Cipes will be reprising their roles of Ben, Gwen, and Kevin in the new series. So, I'm assuming that they're going to be at least a couple years older.

16. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

No he didn't! But by getting rid of the EVO problem, he created a power vacuum that needs to be filled. So now he can get new enemies( well besides Van Kliess since if Gen Rex continues he will obviously try to make new EVO's) who will have nothign to do with EVO's and could probably use the nanites in a way that doesn't end up turning the people into monsters.

I think that by getting rid of his definition of evil in the universe, the series could introduce new villians without always having to fall back on Vilgax to become the main antagonist, or Kevin becoming evil like with Aggregor. Not to mention, it would have been nice to have Ben have some actual character growth as he tries to earn the his firends and Azmuth's trust again. That or at the very least they should have had Grandpa Max be the one to convince Ben to give up the power, since he is one of the people who has the most influence on Ben's character not Julie.

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Typical bland and poorly written Ben 10. The whole three-parter season finale didn't leave a lot of surprises, and felt dragged on. The season finale with Evil Kevin was more entertaining.
    At least it's finally over. No more overpowered Ben, no more Ultimate aliens. Starting anew with new aliens, new look, and hopefully new writers.
    Only thing to look forward to now on Saturday mornings is DC Nation (and Korra). Which is great because now I don't have to get up as early.

18. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Either way, Harangue is screwed.

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Holy crap. I completely forgot about him. I thought he'd become important later on, but he somewhat faded out.
    Ah well, nothing but a Jonah Jameson wannabe anyway.

20. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

The art style makes him look younger but i don't think he is. As already said they kept the voice actors for Ben, Gwen, and Kevin and Ben does not sound any younger going by the clips. It's just the art style that makes him look younger and he's still sixteen.