TALKBACK - Ben 10: Omniverse - "Return to Forever" - [10/26]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Oct 26, 2013.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} Toonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 034 - [​IMG] - Number 204

Return to Forever
    premieres
    TODAY at 9:30 AM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    The Forever Knights threaten to erase all alien DNA on Earth.​

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Lol @ Rook and the "kitteh" video.

Karma for Harrangue.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

This episode was enjoyable. After several lame episodes, this show finally has a good one.

Rook, stop looking at decade old memes.

I didn't watch much Alien Force or Ultimate Alien, but I do remember the Forever Knights. Looking at the big metal guy, they apparently recruited Robocop.

The Forever Knights really stepped up their game. I've never seen one move that fast. I'm naming two of the knights Tragedy and Comedy because of their masks.

Holy sparkles, Ben's face looked freaky at one point! His eyes just vanished from his skull and we got a good close-up.

Hey, it's Tim Curry as the Forever Knight King. I recognize that voice anywhere.

I'm getting racism vibes from the whole "turning aliens into humans" thing. It's probably not intentional, but that's what the Forever Knights are giving me.

This whole "Omnitrix not giving Ben the right alien" gag was funny the first few times, but it's getting stale. Come on, Ben. Use the Omnitrix, feel the Omnitrix, you are the Omnitrix, be one with the Omnitrix, kiss the Omnitrix. Just make that thing work!

I got some bad news for those who don't like waking up early: the next episode airs at 9:00 AM next Saturday. It won't bother me because I wake up at 8:00, but I don't know about you guys.

4. trance2009

That shadowed eyes closeup was a dig at animes that always do that, I think.

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Great episode, great to see Jimmy and the Forever

What did Ben do to Harrangue? I guess that is one way to write him off, but still he probably created a new enemy, okay he was an enemy before, but now one that wants vengance. Are they borrowing this from TMNT? I remember like the third episode they mutated a antagonistic human accidently. I hope Harrangue goes full villain now, it is about time. Maybe him, Billy Billions, Captain Nemesis, any any other minor villains can team up.

6. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

I think "vengeance" is spelled V-E-N-G-E-A-N-C-E.

7. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

And you're suppose to be the grammar police? Let the guy say it as he likes.........jeez.

Anyway after the lackluster the Forever Knights where in AF and UA this episode makes them again as menacing villains of acting like the dimwit villains that you couldn't take them seriously on the past sequels.

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

LOL at Harangue's new look. Love to see how he'll continue his career now!

9. Tokustar

Tokustar New Member

good episode it had some trowbacks to the previous 3 series, but i am not big fan of Sir Morton redesign and i was surprised of Joseph Chadwick being alive.

also the return of the Pyroxivor which debuted in AF episode Inferno.

10. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well maybe if they want to do karma for these characters, maybe they will do my suggestion of karma for Michael Morningstar, which is to become betroned to Princess Looma. The thought of that is just hillarous, or gain some unwanted affection from some ugly hitious alien, maybe Ma Veedle takes a liking to him, that would be maybe more hillarous than my engaged to Looma idea, he will actully get some step sons. Making him ugly was great karma, but having his good luck attract powerful beings that are not what I would call attracted, hideous looking creatures, (Attela and maybe even Looma might be too good looking for what I have in mind) would be great karma for the pretty boy.

On this episode, I do think this was heavily influenced by stuff like X-Men. Harrangue always be the Senator Kelly / J Johan Jamison type character.

11. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

I've been wanting to see Jimmy Jones appear in Omniverse after his last one in Ultimate Alien's "The Big Story" and finally, that day is here.

I think after his incessant scandal reports about Ben, Will deserves to be an ugly alien. The ending has a vibe to the Gargoyles episode: "The Mirror".

Can't wait to see more of Jimmy or the next episode.

12. Master Lucario

Master Lucario New Member

Pretty good episode.

Will Harangue getting permanently (Derrick confirmed it) mutated into an alien was pretty funny, even though it does seem like a pretty harsh thing for Ben to do.

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Yeah that does rub me the wrong way that Ben the hero intentional did that. I have seen the hero stuff like that many times accidently create a enemy. I wish they would have found a way to accidently turn him into an alien.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  14. trance2009

I think it was kind of justified in that millions of aliens were gonna become humans, which would be a prett horrifying thing for them.

15. Tokustar

Tokustar New Member

well maybe Ben plan to restore Will Harangue to normal after a wile as the Omnitrix can fix DNA or something like that.

16. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Doubt it also why we want Harangue turned to normal....so he can badmouth Ben again? I think having him turned into an alien will bring some development and might turn to the best where he tries to get his revenge on Ben instead of acting like a carving copy of J.J. Jameson.

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Not to mention how he looks down on aliens. Maybe spenting some time in their shoes will teach a lesson. I doubt it, but still there's that.

I wonder if he will use the same mask that Kevin used in season 3 of AF, I think he could afford it, and than it is up to Ben to expose him to the public.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  18. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

Here's something I didn't realize until someone pointed this out: when Sir Robocop grabbed Jimmy and ran, Ben decided to chase him as a human instead of turning into XLR8 and catching him in a snap. Apparently, the writers chose not to have Ben transform into anything so Rook could be useful and give him a lift.

19. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 New Member

One of the most frequently recurring villains in the Ben 10 Franchise make their Omniverse debut in this episode!

*We begin with an alien bus driver giving some humans a tour of Under Town, but things take a turn for the worse when 2 alien crooks appear to rob the innocent tourists!

*Fortunately, the Plumber Duo arrive to defend the bystanders! Ben transforms into Rath and Rook uses his Proto-Tool, the lowlives are easily taken care of.

*We then cut to the room of a familiar face watching an Internet video of Will Harangue covering the news story of the attack, with his typical Ben-bashing intact. This familiar face notices something in the video and zooms in to see...some Forever Knights!

*At Will Harangue's dressing room, the reporter himself gets an unexpected visit from the familiar face earlier, Jimmy Jones, making his Omniverse debut! Apparently, Jimmy doesn't recognize the Forever Knights as he refers to them as "metal humanoids" when talking to Harangue. As expected, Will won't cooperate with Jimmy's requests and demands money while threatening to call security on the boy, instead.

*After Jimmy leaves the dressing room, Harangue calls someone on the phone to inform them that Jimmy is on to them. The mysterious person assures Harangue that his associates will take care of the situation. Whoever this person is, it's cool to point out that he's voiced by none other than Tim Curry!

*Rook surfing the Internet (especially when he found the LOL Cats Meme) was absolutely priceless!

*Jimmy travels to Under Town in the hopes of figuring out more on the Forever Knight, but all the aliens he asks beat around the bush and avoid him. Soon enough, someone has found Jimmy Jones...Sir Morton from Alien Force!

*Ben and Rook casually talking about Jimmy's blog while Jimmy is being chased by Sir Morton in the background was pretty funny, I must admit!

*The Plumber Duo immediately give chase in the Proto-TRUK after noticing Jimmy being captured by Sir Morton. Once they catch up, they recognize Morton and notice some more Forever Knights...including the Forever Ninja from the Original Series! Omniverse marks the first show in the Ben 10 Franchise where the Forever Knights are not in every season, especially since they were the only villains to (officially) appear in all seasons prior to Omniverse. Many have also believed the Forever Knights to have been wiped out after the events of Ultimate Alien's "Diagon Saga", but now we know some have survived.

*Turning into Lodestar, Ben fights the Forever Ninja while Rook takes care of the 2 common knights. Eventually, the duo are able to save Jimmy despite the knights escaping. Jimmy complaining about Ben's hoodie gave me a good chuckle, I must admit. The duo then try to think of a reason as to why the Forever Knights are after Jimmy...

*Of course, it's confirmed that Will Harangue has formed an alliance with the Forever Knights and he goes to see the latest leader to complain about suspicions of his involvement. It is revealed that the newest Forever King is Dr. Joseph Chadwick from Alien Force, whom Tim Curry had voiced there as well! Chadwick assures Harangue that he'll be back on top in the ratings department (after snarking about how Harangue kissed up to the Incurseans back in the Incursean Saga) thanks to the funding he's provided for Chadwick's new machine, that will turn aliens into humans!

*After Harangue leaves in excitement, Sir Morton asks if the machine can really do such a thing, but Chadwick admits that he wasn't being completely honest. At first, Chadwick is infuriated to learn that Jimmy is under Ben's watch now, but then realizes they can put the Omnitrix to "good use"...

*The Proto-TRUK is truckin' along Under Town, where Ben and Rook eventually relent and take up Jimmy's suggestion to find out what the remnant of the Forever Knights is up to...

*Back at the Forever Knight Base, Chadwick monitors the Proto-TRUK and upgrades Morton's DNA Scanner so that it will act as a genetic disruptor...

*Morton unleashes a stampede of alien cattle in order to get Ben's attention, which succeeds as Ben transforms into Snare-Oh to bring them back to their pen with Rook's help. When Morton and the other knights appear, Ben attempts to transform into an alien...only for Morton to use the scanner to absorb them. Rook catches on to this and warns Ben, leaving them with little option of how else to fight them!

*Ben and Rook are now being held prisoner in the Remnant Forever Knights' Base, Ben in particular is trapped in a forcefield made of the same substance as the genetic disruptor. Rook has to point this out to him as Ben he tries changing into some more aliens. Chadwick reveals himself to the duo and reveals that he plans to take the Omnitrix from Ben by cutting his hand off!

*Growing bored of waiting, Jimmy grows bored of waiting and decides to start driving the Proto-TRUK, which goes as well as one would expect from someone who isn't old enough to get a driver's license.

*Back at the Remnant Forever Knights' Base, Harangue barges in to complain some more, but is gladly surprised to see Ben captured. Ben calls Harangue out on his fertilizer and tries to warn him of what Chadwick is really planning, but the reporter stubbornly refuses to listen. Chadwick tries to smooth talk Harangue and offers to walk him back to his car to keep him from learning the truth, giving the Plumber Duo time to think of a plan. However, they are limited in options as their tools were confiscated...

*It's at that moment when Jimmy in the Proto-TRUK breaks through the wall! The resourceful fan quickly sets Ben and Rook free just in time for when the Remnant Forever Knights return! Ben tries to transform into Four Arms, but Morton still has the DNA Scanner on hand! Fortunately, Rook destroys it, thus allowing Ben to transform without fear!

*Ben changes into Wildmutt and proceeds to rip up parts of the machine while Rook fights the knights! Chadwick claims they still have enough information despite these interferences...only to then get knocked out by Jimmy hitting him with a wrench!

*Alas, the the machine is still about to go off with no way to stop it! Jimmy, however, says there's still hope if Ben transforms into Grey Matter...but the Omnitrix turns him into Jury Rigg instead! None the less, Jury Rigg manages to stop the machine, but Rook suspects he did something else...

*We then cut to a penthouse, quickly learning that it's Will Harangue's penthouse! The reporter wakes up, though he remains out of the viewer's sight. Notice the picture of Will shaking hands with Billy Billions? Perhaps that is foreshadowing a future alliance between the two?

*The episode ends with Will Harangue (and us, the viewers) learning that he has been transformed into an alien! Talk about irony! Does this mean Harangue will now become a "traditional villain"? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I found this episode to be a very good one! It was good to see the Forever Knights again after their extended absence and I like how Chadwick has become an "ascended extra" now that he's the Forever King, more Tim Curry is always a good thing! Rook Internet surfing and meeting Jimmy was also pretty funny. Will's transformation at the end surprised me and makes me curious what he'll do in his future appearances. I wonder what the next episode will have in store for us.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

It also seemed like the king was implying that he was lying about turning aliens into humans. When the other knights asked him about it, he said that the machine was going to erased alien DNA, which seemed to suggest that it would kill all alien life forms, rather than simply turn them into humans, so that could justify it as well.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I've never been a fan of the Forever Knights, but this at least tried to make them a bit more threatening. Ben intentionally turning Harangue into an alien did seem a bit harsh. Even with how he was going to be responsible with turning every alien into humans, or possibly killing them, it feels a bit off for that to be an intentional move from Ben since he is the hero. Maybe it would work a bit better if it was just an unintentional side-effect, but it does work as karma payback and could lead to Harangue becoming a full on villain and possibly realizing how wrong he was before after some more time. Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.