TALKBACK - Ben 10: Omniverse - "Charmed, I'm Sure" - [3/29]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Mar 29, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 047 - [​IMG] - Number 307

Charmed, I'm Sure <2/3>
    premieres
    TODAY at 9:00 AM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Stranded on Anur Transyl, Ben and Rook team up with Charmcaster.​

2. Kevin_Rubio

Kevin_Rubio New Member

I'm Kevin. I'm one of the writers of this episode. I will be live tweeting during the east coast broadcast today at 9;00 EST 6:00 PST. #CharmedImSure @TheKevinRubio

3. Master Lucario

Master Lucario New Member

Good episode. I'm liking Swampfire's new look, and I also liked Charmcaster in this episode.

4. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

I had such high hopes for Charmcaster of being a good guy. Too bad that hope was dashed because of her greedy side.

As for Ben, he would have to be Swampfire more than once. Has he been through that before? You know, being the same alien several times?

Why was Viktoria so mad?

Wonder where it all goes down in the next episode.

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Holly crap the ending, oh my god, I think I know what they meant when I heard about a Charmcaster trilogy here.

Anyway this episode was awesome. Great to see Charmcaster finally back, looking more like her old self, and the fun character she was in the orginal, and not the depressing character she has been of late.

Ben and those zits, I thought it was good karma for the way he acted last episode, but okay a side effect of Swampfire. And again we find out Rock and Gwen as been gosshiping behind Ben's back.

Charmcaster personality reminded me of Haruko for FCLU, like Haruko she was cockey insentrict, and kind of devish. She is like Haruko except for the twist at the end, which I will get to later.

Fighting their monster form, everyone gets cool monsters except for Ben, again karma. If Gwen as intentionally screwing Ben over by the stuff she was telling Rock, I guess it is payback for everyone fanboy at her college.

And if can't get any better, the cute little monster girl who I just adore speaks and we get a name Viktoria, and has a thing for Ben, well you have a long line, well like Attea she is not really attracted to Ben's normal form, but every harem in anime has a loli. She would be the loli. Hopefully she appears next week, I can't get enough of her.

The Alpha Rune has great power but also corrupts people reminds me of Kevin's powers. At leat that is what I thought, that might still be the case, but there is more to it. The bag is really Aldwatcha. So Charmcaster been taking advice from Aldwatcha all this time, no wonder she is so messed up. It is like in the last episode of UA, Gwen told Ben don't advice from Vilgax, and that is actully Charmcaster is doing the equeverlent of that. So yeah this is a character trilogy for Charmcaster, and I think I see where this is headed. I think in the end, Charmcaster is going to have make a hard choice, and destroy the Alpha Rune if possible. It has great power, it is like satin power.

Anyway great episode, though we didn't see much of the Zs Skayr we will get back to that next week, and I hope see Viktoria.

6. Kevin_Rubio

Kevin_Rubio New Member

She was mad because Ben was no longer cute. Love is fleeting

7. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Kevin before you go, I just want to know you are familar with a show called FCLU and a particular character called Haruko?

8. Kevin_Rubio

Kevin_Rubio New Member

Viktoria comes off as good as she does because of story editor Charlotte Fullerton. That's all her!

9. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Anyone know who voiced Viktoria? I pretty sure it wasn't Tara.

10. Korra_Fan

Korra_Fan Member

Dude, did you not pay attention to the end? She's being manipulated by Adwaitya.

11. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Yeah and I do believe the Alpha Rune is evil. I think the Alpha Rune is like a drug to her, or like absorbing power is to Kevin when he is insane, she is addicated to the Alpha Rune, not realising it's power makes whoever pocesses it insane.

You know what while I am looking forward to the conclusion of the Anyl Transyl story, I am more interesting to see how this Charmcaster / Adwaitya story wraps. Bring on "Charm School" and whatever the third episode is in this story is. Charmcaster stole the show again, and I am more interested in her story than this Zs Skayr storyline, and we have to wait till arc 7 to see what happens next. The hell of waiting begins again.

12. Korra_Fan

Korra_Fan Member

It is evil, it was stated it's what corrupted Adwaitya before, and it's clearly what made Charmcaster so susceptible to Adwaitya...did you SEE her when she used it and was summoning the armor? Freaky!

I can't wait to see Hex again in "Charm School" and how he factors into things, and we already know the final episode of the trilogy was going to feature Adwaitya in full, so whatever his plan is should all make sense then.

13. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Well, now we have to see what this bring.

14. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

You know what would be cool, if the Alpha Rune can have a physical form, and just says the hell with corrupting people, I will do evil myself. I love to see it come alive like the evil flute Lullaby. While Charmcaster and Aldwaitya thinks they are minipulating each other, it was the Alpha Rune that was minipulating everyone the entire time, that would be a great twist.

Does Ledgerdomain have their own version of the devil, if so I think he is the creator of the Alpha Rune or maybe the Alpha Rune is the Ledgerdomain devil.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  15. Kevin_Rubio

Kevin_Rubio New Member

I do not believe so.

16. Kevin_Rubio

Kevin_Rubio New Member

Okay West Coasters, I've had my coffee and my run. Ready for #Ben10 #ChamedImSure live tweet round 2? in 19 min? @TheKevinRubio

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Okay, thanks. Now I wonder what Kari Walhgren was thinking when she read this script and how Charmcaster was suppose to act in this episode, I wonder if she still remembered Haruko. I just found out Kari is the voice of Viktoria, so I don't know if she will have a speaking role next episode. Oh man

So where does Viktoria rank in the harem, I think she ranks high, even though she is a loli, she is very likeable, more likeable than Looma, Attea, and heck even Julie.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  18. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

I didn't like the direction in the second half of the episode. There was lots of standing around to allow characters to talk in the middle of the action. Maybe it flows well on paper, but when animation it seems weird that the other characters would be standing around.

For example, Charmcaster didn't put up any kind of defense to them damaging her suit.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

I wasn't expecting Swampfire to "evolve," but I like his new design. And it was really nice getting to see him again after what's been a pretty long absence, though I wish we had gotten a better look at what exactly the new Swampfire is capable of compared to the original. His plant control powers are obviously stronger, but that's about it. I would've much preferred a full-on fight between him and Charmcaster to kinda show him off rather than how the battle ultimately concluded :shrug:.

I do have to wonder what was the intention in giving Swampfire a new look. Did Derrick Wyatt just realize later that he would prefer a new design for Swampfire? Or is there another reason why Swampfire was singled out to get a big change compared to the other aliens?

I remember that one episode of the original series where Ben was Grey Matter for an entire episode, but I think this is the only other instance in the franchise where he's just changed into one alien.

It would be nice if Heatblast got his own episode :D.

Speaking of characters it was nice to see again, Charmcaster coming back was great and I love her new design and how it harkens back to her design from the original series. I much prefer it to her AF/UA look, and I like how the creative team finally brought back her purse :).

I'm almost shocked that there was no real flirting between her and Ben in this episode :p.

I wasn't quite sure what to think of her "insanity" until the reveal at the end that she really was talking to someone, and to Adwaita of all people :eek:.

It looks like we're getting some setup for a Charmcaster trilogy down the line. I would hope that means Hex will be making an appearance in the future.

20. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

We know Adwaita is going to be a major enemy by the end. But really defeating him, is not going to cure Charmcaster of her problems, the real sourse of it all the Alpha Rune.

I think what they shoudl do in the last episode of the trilogy is have Adwaita be defeated end of act two, beginning of act three, but we still have to get Charmcaster to open her eyes and realise the Alpha Rune is evil and not the answer. After Awtachya defeat, Gwen and Charmcaster fight for the Alpha Rune,Gwen wins and she puts on the Alpha Rune and let it corrupt her on purporse to teach Charmcaster a lesson. And we finally see evil Lucky Girl. If Charmcaster saw goodie goodie Gwen Tennison turn evil, I think than she will realise what damage the Alpha Rune does to people.

Also when Gwen is evil, maybe she lets out some subcondiense frustration, like how Ben gets all the glory, he doesn't take things seriously, still gets all the glory, while Gwen gets nothing, for example what we saw in "Mystery Incoproal", I love to see evil Gwen tell Ben "You get all the glory, while I do just as much work and work twice as hard in saving the world, and yet you get all the glory." If you was "Mystery Incorporal" when she says "it's okay I'm Lucky Girl I am not about ajulations", you do see hurt in the expression of her voice and her body langauge. So I do think stuff deep down does get to her a bit.