TALKBACK - Adventure Time - "Fionna & Cake: The Prince Who Wanted Everything" - [6/26]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Jun 26, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} Toonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 165 - [​IMG] - Number 605A

The Prince Who Wanted Everything
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:00 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Lumpy Space Prince escapes his cruel parents in order to start a new life.​

2. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Lumpy Space Edward Mass.

So LSP wants to... make-out with herself.

3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Fiery Felon

This episode was pretty good. I like how intentionally bad Lumpy Space Princess' fanfic was.

Kidnapped by LSP. The shoe is on the other foot, Ice King.

She wants him to her Fionna and Cake fanfic. This oughta be good *grabs popcorn*.

"That's not how I sound! Make it better!" Ha, how vain.

Gold sandwiches! Lumpy Space Prince should've thrown some Molotov cocktails so the citizens would be warm and toasty.

Well this fanfic is basically a repelling of how LSP became a bum, except that Lumpy Space Prince is the hero.

LSP broke the golden rule of fan fiction: don't make a Mary Sue. LSPrince too perfect, seeing how he easily overpowers Prince Gumball, Marshall Lee, Flame Prince, and Turtle Prince. His sueishness is worse than Ice Queen.

Turtle Prince has some nice hair.

"How'd he know your name?" Uh oh, plothole!

Man, I like how Cake lampshades how terrible this fanfic is. Note how Fionna and Cake are the side characters in this fic.

What the-- is that Sparkles the baby from "BMO Lost?" Didn't expect him to show up. You can't even determine the gender, just like real babies.

Oh god, a cheesy song and dance. It's like I'm watching Anastasia all over again.

I like seeing all these gender-flipped versions of the inhabitants of Ooo. There's even a Magic Ma'am!

And LSPrince defeats his evil parent through the deus ex machina of not caring. The crappiness of this fanfic is so strong, I can smell it from here.

Overall, this episode is quite informative on how not to write a fan fiction. Dabbling fanfic writers, take notes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  4. Darissa Townes

Darissa Townes Active Member

I gotta say, I was pretty pleased with this episode. Didn't expect a Flame Prince cameo. Seeing how the first Fionna and Cake had a Marshall Lee cameo then HIS episode, I wouldn't be surprised if their was an episode about him (though it'd be a little late).

So Turtle Princess still looks like the opposite gender as a boy!

LSPr's anime eyes really made this episode hilarious.

5. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up

Glad to see the writers still know how to show people how to NOT write fan fiction - that's good, then. If not, then the writing quality for this show may really have been beginning to show signs of dropping, IMHO.

Seriously, though - this whole thing was one Big Lipped Alligator Moment of an episode (Not saying it was bad or anything negative, just really messed up, which I know by now is par for the course with this show, but come on!) - Fionna might as well not have been there, IMHO.

6. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Fiery Felon

I think that was intentional. It shows how self absorbed Lumpy Space Princess is when her gender-flipped counterpart is the protagonist in her Fionna and Cake story.

7. HORNSM2C20D7Y8

HORNSM2C20D7Y8 THE LAST MAJOR

The initial mania for these two Broads seems to have come/gone, I presume? If memory serves, I've recently learnt of a SECOND F/C show preceding this. Wow, the things ya neva know....until it's too drokking late.
    I rather enjoyed this ep. Got myself speaking certain of Ice King's/Lumpy Space Prince's/Prince Gumball's/Marshal Lee's lines along w/their voice actors. Dig, if you will, the image of a nearly 50yo Black Fat Man
    soundin'\attemptin' ta sound like....them Dudes. "TPWWE" is OK, but "Bad Little Boy" drokking RULES. The Lee/Fionna/Cake interplay was nothing short of a kind of outrageous. And that song/dance seq-
    OFF A MAJOR HOOK!!!! The "Bad Little Boy" song struck me as a sendup/deconstruction of Marlena Shaw's 1977 jam Yu Ma/Go Away Little Boy. Roz Ryan just nailed her bits, ending in some soliloquous scatin'
    ECU, mind ya, while Lee/Fionna just do their thing, not givin' a dizzamn.

Yeah, I/you saw it: Cake tryin' ta develop breasts/turn Human, and dancin' on two legs.

I, along w/Lee's voice actor, roared YOU WANT YOUR CAKE BACK? COME AND GET HER!

'Nuff said.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Atom Ant... Man

Pretty good episode. It had some fun moments, with the musical number being probably the highlight. I also liked how the story ended.

9. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

so Flame Prince makes his cartoon debut
    mind you that her already had a story-line dedicated to himself in the Fionna and Cake comic miniseries a year ago

10. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

Looks like LSP has some mommy and daddy issues to work out...but that's nothing new for the show. It's just become more obvious nowadays. It's a bit subtle, but Lumpy Space Prince's face switching from normal to a realistic anime-ish man face got some good chuckles out of me. When was the last time we saw the Ice King in an episode anyways? It feels like it's been eons.

11. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Comrades,

this episode was okay but kinda unnecessary. it was less about fionna and cake and more about the prince chewing the scenery. i did love the princes voice however.

12. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

That's kinda the point

13. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

i really liked this episode! it sure had alot parody of anime in it as well a lot of it look very familiar too i can't think name of the anime that they were using as parody but overall i liked this episode

14. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

You mean Mobile Suit Gundam?

15. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf New Member

Lumpy Space Prince reminds me of this guy from Korra...

16. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

that kept getting in my mind that had something do with gundam... so that probably what it was, thanks

17. The ShopSoldier

Why did you have to bring "him" up? I was trying to forget about "him"..... He almost ruined Episode 2 of the new season of that show for me. Such a bad stereotype if I ever saw one; You could say the same about LSP since he's a Gary - Stu and all, but I know who I can tolerate better.

18. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf New Member

Not taking that back. For such a minor character, his scene was one of my favorite parts of the episode. And I already said why I brought him up: because he reminded me of Lumpy Space Prince.

Not really getting how Lumpy Space Prince screams "Gary Stu"... Maybe I just don't take a fan-fic counterpart of an already-goofy character that seriously. Plus, he did kinda explode his parents even after they were back to normal.

19. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Loved that scene too

20. The ShopSoldier

Meh... His parents were terribly written scumbag meanie - heads. I lumping hate them.