TALKBACK - Adventure Time - "Bad Timing" - [3/3]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Mar 3, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} Toonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 153 - [​IMG] - Number 525B

Bad Timing
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:00 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Love is in the air when Lumpy Space Princess reconnects with an old classmate, but will her jealousy get in the way of finding true love?​

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

This episode was... interesting to say the least. It was rather slice of life, which is pretty unusual for this show. It also felt experimental, like an indie game.

Weird frame around the episode. I'm sure it's there for a reason.

Here comes LSP, everyone's favorite attention seeker.

You shouldn't have assaulted Princess Bubblegum, LSP. PB's not a lady to be reckoned with.

Looks like LSP is finally having good things happening to her. Meeting her old schoolmate, Johnny, and having a roof over her head.

This frame around the episode is making it hard to focus on what's going on.

Aw snap, LSP is getting jealous again. This won't end well for her.

Holy-- LSP just molotov'd the candy castle. That's a first.

Oh and there's cyanide capsules too? Jeez.

LSP accidentally sent Johnny into the frame surrounding the episode with PB's time machine. I knew it was there for a reason.

Now that LSP had PB mind wipe her, she's still an ungrateful punk. I can't blame PB for wanting to have a drink.

Overall, this episode felt like an art student's experimental film project. This was not something I would expect from Adventure Time and that's not always a good thing. I hope the next episode is more coherent because I tend to enjoy things I understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  3. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Okay, I like this show and I have nothing against the people that like it at all. But episodes like this sometimes make me have a hard time following why people are so drawn to this animated series in particular. Like I don't understand what even happened or what was the point of what happened.

4. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up

Yeah - this episode just made me dislike LSP, unfortunately... At least her "boyfriend" didn't have to be dragged into this mess; too bad an innocent victim has been lost to time because of LSP being a jerk here!

I'm quite confident this is going to go down as a really bad episode, and this late in the game - that's definitely no good for AT.

5. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Could somebody please tell me what that was all about? I mean, this episode gives "A Glitch is a Glitch" a run for its money in terms of strangeness, and I was honestly left too confused throughout.

6. Tbridge44

Tbridge44 New Member

The border might be the domain where Johnny was transported to.

7. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

Yeah, pay attention to the lower left hand corner of the frame around the 10 minute mark. Ugly Johnny gradually materializes around that time.

8. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Talk about harsh.
    This is probably the cruelest Adventure Time has ever gotten.

LSP truly is her own worst enemy.

I do however think that this episode was a pretty good character piece, both for LSP and PB
    Notice the ending, how after the mind-wiped LSP tells PB that she knows nothing about heart-ache, PB just sits there in utter silence, and pours herself a drink.
    Kinda think LSP was meant to represent the fandom in that scene.
    It also seems like LSP is serving as a parallel for Finn here

9. Captain Travis

Captain Travis New Member

I thought this was a really cool episode, very original. I thought A Glitch is a Glitch was a great episode too though. I think episodes like this one are just too weird for some people.

10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

I liked it when Jakes was annoying PB about how Simon was able to do real time travel with magic (though I thought Simon was using tech-science to time travel). Has anyone noticed that the episodes have been focusing away from Finn & Jake lately? "The Red Throne" focused on Flame Princess and CinnamonBun "Betty" focused on Simon and Betty "Bad Timing" focused on LSP In those episodes Finn and Jake just had minor roles and I'm betting "Lemonhope" will be like that too. I'm not saying it's a bad thing I was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

11. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

I've noticed it too. I guess they're focusing on other characters to mix things up.