Tai Chi Chasers-Toonzai Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by aegisrawks, Aug 31, 2011.

1. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I know it hasnt premiered yet but it there will be a sneak peak next week on Friday and it will premiere oficially the week after that.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ers-1st-2-episodes-posted-before-u.s-tv-debut

Oh and its streaming on 4kids Video Portal right now.

I thought it was going to be a generic card game show but it seems that the kids themselves fight in this one. I wonder how it will turn out....

2. Divinenega

Divinenega Active Member

I am slightly more interested in this than I thought I would be. The show does seem to be generic but I am sort of shocked by the fact that

I do sort of like the fact that they themselves fight rather than some generic looking monsters. It does make the battles a little more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  3. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Yeah, me too!

I want to see more of this show as well.

4. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Yeah, it was definitely better than I was expecting. I watched the first episode and while it wasn't amazing, it has potential. Villains seem generic but the Tigeroids seem to have a fun variety of personalities. And yeah, I'd agree it's pretty sweet to see a card-game show where they actually fight each other instead of creatures.

And unlike Yu-Gi-Oh!, the cards aren't edited at all, they still have Japanese on them and everything. Seems like the Toonzai brand has definitely made 4Kids more receptive to keeping Asian characters and names.

Also noticed some recycled music from Dinosaur King, maybe some from 5D's as well.

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

"Sigh" Why do they always replace the music?

6. Gorbash

Gorbash Munchings & Crunchings

Because in 4kids case, (especially now), it would be more expensive to license music.

7. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

You are right, and they also charge royalties for each time 4kids new score is used. Okay.

8. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

Especially since the last scores they paid for(dbzk) turned out to be rip-offs from american action movies...smh.

9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Funimation paid to use the Score. That's why it was retained at all.

10. Raika

Raika Friendly neighborhood demon

I just watched the first two episodes and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a cliche Bakugan rip-off, but it turned out to not be the case. Instead of fighting with monsters or something, which is kind of what I thought was going to happen, it turns out that the kids themselves fight, which is cool. Yeah it seemed cliche and the animation was kind of...below par, verging on sloppy, but I liked it. The voice acting's decent and 4kids didn't cram in a bunch of lame jokes, which is a relief. I think I'll be following this series to see if it gets better, since it's already showing potential.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I thought that the two episodes were okay. I wasn't really blown away by anything, but it was tolerable. The characters' personalities, for the most part, feel kind of generic, especially in regards towards the villains, and it's extremely predictable.

Still, I can see how the kids actually fighting instead of using monsters like in pretty much every other card game toyetic show is refreshing. Though, I have to admit that the backstory for the conflict sounded really weak and generic and nothing about what the old woman said sounded like it would convinced Rai, or anyone for that matter, to join on this quest. I'd probably like this show more if it was more about Rai's desire for revenge than another typical toyetic show that focuses on collecting a certain number of mystical/toyetic objects to save a world. That sounds far more interesting to me, especially when the other characters don't seem to have a reason to collect these cards other than its their job. I might check out more of this show after it premieres, but I don't think that it would keep me watching their block if they don't have the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh! after the trial is over.

12. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

13. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

From what I seen so far this show seems awfully generic, the main character has a single parent with another MIA or killed, what anime hasn't had this cliche by now? Also some of the character designs look like Bakugan characters! The long black-haired kid looks like Shun, the kid with the glasses looks like Marucho, and the girl looks like a combination of Runo and Julie with pink hair. Despite these faults it's fairly entertaining if only for the sheer fact that they are fighting each other instead of battling with monsters or something. I haven't seen the second episode but I kinda like what I see so far, and I haven't seen any big noticeable edits or unnecessary censoring so that's always a plus.

14. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

15. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

This show pretty much mixes what was missing from Power Rangers Samurai (that of the pronunciation of the Chinese and correct forms of the characters symbolizing the Chasers' cards) with Digimon Tamers with only one animal mascot (hopefully he'll fight with the Tigeroids with becoming a giant White Tiger similar to Cerberus a.k.a. Keroberos in Cardcaptor Sakura), and, from what I've read from other posts, the one-dimensional character description judging from the actions of the characters. There was a scene in Episode One

After seeing both episodes, the show may not be a favorite of mine, but they were okay. The characters will begin to wear thin as the series progresses. I admire that 4Kids is no longer trying to erase words on signs and books, whether they're fictitious or real, from the world within the series like what happened in the past series. The voices are okay, but I agree that the voice actors really need to improve when it comes to emotional scenes. They were just okay. I didn't dislike the show as much as I did with Bakugan at first. (Note: I've seen a few episodes of Bakugan though I'm not a follower of the show. I became more of a fan of the action figures of some of the dragons from the anime and admired the fact that some of the human characters also had figurines (at Toys R' Us only))

For those wanting to see it or is still thinking about it, watch it with caution. Not only does the show express how much everything looks familiar has turned stale, it proves that we'll get a new card game in stores soon. How well the game will do in sales depends on how many children, and adult fans, if any, will be interested in playing the game along with the advertising of the show and that within the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  16. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Im pretty interested in what comes next.

17. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

The show makes its U.S. debut this afternoon.

18. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I really wish I could find out the ratings for the Sneak Peek.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  19. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

That was actually pretty good.

20. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Im watching the first episode and I kinda like it. Its not amazing,but its good and it has potential.