1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Sylvester & Penny's Possible "Club"

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by PennyCat, May 6, 2001.

1. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Sylvester and I are thinking of starting a message board to discuss all cartoons in general (Warner Brothers, Disney, anime, whatever), but we need a good title. So far I've come up with Toon Talk, but that's actually already taken and kinda copyrighted, in a way, by a friend of Keeper's (my boyfriend). So, we need some ideas for titles from you guys, as well as whether or not any of you would be interested in joining if and when this happens.

So, post your ideas for titles and opinions on how interested you'd be in the idea, and I'll gather the titles together and put them all to a vote, and title with the most votes wins. :)

Gee, that looked confusing. Did that look confusing to you? :rolleyes:

2. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Hmm. "Toon Time?"

3. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

Or how about, "Cartoonnation", maybe even "Toonnation"?

Narfpinky

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Since you've both chosen feline handles--

--why not "Kitty Corner"? ;)

5. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

Re: Since you've both chosen feline handles--

Now that's a good idea, but to make it a true tabby trifecta (vive l'alliteration!), you might wanna see if Furrball wants in on it. Say the word & I'll check with him, see if he's interested.

6. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Re: Since you've both chosen feline handles--

Yeah, but then only kitties can come. :)

7. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Re: Re: Since you've both chosen feline handles--

No, I think we'll allow all kinds of creatures, not just feline. :p

But hey, if we do another issue of The Looney Bin, maybe "Kitty Korner" came be a section for myself, Sylvester, and Furrball. :)

8. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Thanks, all!

I've written down what suggestions have been given so far (except "kitty korner" :p). I'm going to wait a few weeks and see who else comes up with ideas and then I'll put them all to a vote. :)

9. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Errrm.... I like your idea, but Toonzone already has a general animation board. Just look down in the World's Finest area... we talk about all sorts of random animated bits there, and I'm sure everyone else would be happy to have you (I know I would).

10. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

General Animation Board on Toonzone

Yeah, that doesn't mean Sylvester and I can't come up with our own too, right? Besides, there are certain people here (not naming any names) that won't let us discuss the "D-word" here because it's a WB board, and we feel that we need to make up a place that's more open.

11. Craig Marinaro

Craig Marinaro The Feast of 1,000 Beasts

Really? Who?

-C
    Official ToonZone Eggplant Trimmer.

12. The Mad Hatter

Hey, I like me some D-word! They make some fascinating insights into internal combustion... wait, you weren't talking about internal Daihatsu videos? Dang.

Actually, I like D*sney pretty well myself, on a movie by movie basis, at least (loved TENG, Tarzan was okay, but I think the Lion King was a wee bit overrated). And there are others at the current animation board who do too. In fact, there's no real WB bias over there... take a look-see, you'll see a variety of toons being talked about. Yep, even D*sney ones, even though I had to fight to get some people to give TENG a second glance... not to mention the fact that there's people on _this_ board who regularly review House of Mouse.

I miss me some Darkwing Duck, personally...

13. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

Re: General Animation Board on Toonzone

EGAD! I hope I haven't given the impression that I didn't want Disney matters discussed on the forum by the few times I spelt Disney with an asterisk. I guess I was coping it the way I saw a few others spell it. Oh, well.

Anyway, I've had a liking for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Wonder if that sequel will ever be made.

Narfpinky

14. Nftnat

I dunno where you got that idea, Penny. What with discussion & reviews of every ep of House of Mouse. I must confess I like D*sn*y. I'm a Warner loyalist, but there's always been something magical about the Mouse. I couldn't get enough of Duck Tales & --- once I gave it a chance --- Darkwing Duck. The asterisks? A holdover from the A! ng. I once inserted Walt's name unedited & the next post was "Aaahhhhh!!! He said the 'd' word!" So, partially because of that & partially to express my loyalties, I give D*sn*y the same treatment I give P*k*m*n. Hmm, maybe I should re-think that; I like D*sn*y better than P*k*m*n. Fantasia's in my collection, probably some edited version; I dunno what version, but that's beside the point. I do like the Mouse, & I'm sure others here do, too. It's just fun, the fun we have @ its expense. That's all.

15. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

I'm of this view:

Disney isn't the only studio that ever gets it right, and they don't get it right every time, but when they do, they get it righter than anybody else does. Disney animation at it's best is *the* best, IMO, and out of respect for their artists' accomplishments, I refuse to employ the silly asterisk.

No, I don't approve of Disney's mega-corporation practices, but I regard that as a seperate matter. After all, Time-Warner hasn't exactly got a spotless record in that area either, yet certain WB cartoons are, and shall always be, excellent.

16. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

The D-word

I can't say...but as a result of a post he made basically ordering me to type the D-word like it's the F-word or B-word (or the like), Juan got really angry and sent me an e-mail telling me his feelings about this person...and it looks like Juan also left the boards because of that person too.

17. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

D*sney

Then how come I can't get anyone to go participate in my D*sney board? And what about my current survey on D*sney? =X

18. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Re: Re: General Animation Board on Toonzone

Well, the way you said that before made it sound like it was as bad as the F-word, see.

19. The Mad Hatter

Wha? Maybe this happened before my time, but the feeling I get from everyone is that we call it the "D-Word" just to be facetious. You know, spirit of competition and everything. Truth be told, every single one of us at the boards has enjoyed a _lot_ of Disney's stuff, and we always talk about their new movies. I honestly don't know who "this person" is, but I'm willing to bet he was only kidding too, and has no idea he(she?) ticked someone off. (It wasn't me, was it?) So stick around, talk some Disney... we'll be happy to join in.

20. Nftnat

Re: The D-word

Yeah, he sent me one too. I was shocked that he'd take it so personally. It's all in fun & I didn't mean to offend anyone.