1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor: Toon Zone - Immunity Challenge 15 - UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Welcome back Survivors.

As we get ever closer to the home stretch, Immunity becomes increasingly important. Today you have quite a task in front of you... but first, Gwen... you need to give up Immunity.

*distracts Gwen long enough to take the necklace from her neck*

There we go... now, on to the challenge.

Over the past 14 weeks, we've seen a variety of different challenge types. Well, today... they come back to haunt you. This is a multipart challenge. Each section gives you the basic instructions of what you need to do. There's 9 parts to this challenge, you must fully complete every part of this challenge first to recieve immunity... otherwise, as usual, the person with the highest score wins. Immunity is increasingly important at this stage of the game. With that, I Wish you all increased luck.

Survivors Ready??

[EDIT]There was an error in VII.12, that has since been corrected.
    V.2 had a slight change, no huge effect, but corrected nonetheless

Part I - Trivia
    -answer!

1. When was Scrabble invented?
    2. When did the Great San Francisco Earthquake strike?
    3. Four states have capitals named after American presidents. Can you name them?
    4. What famous American said, "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
    5. In the film Casablanca, who played and sang the song "As Time Goes By"?
    6. What was the name of the first human sent into space?
    7. Which river is the longest in the world?
    8. Who invented vulcanized rubber?
    9. Where did the Incas live?
    10. What was the relationship between Gladys Knight and the Pips?

Part II - Misheard Lyrics
    -submit Correct Lyric, Title and Artist

1. "That Deft thumb of lightning"
    2. "I'm sure that I could be a movie store, if I could get out of these plays."
    3. Potted meat will roast on the flames
    4. The algebra has a devil put aside for me
    5. Tell me, are you blocking the cars?
    6. Three-car family

Part III - Scavenge!
    -submit link to picture, text, or whichever you prefer

1. The Passion
    2. cause of global warming
    3. a funny newspaper headline
    4. something Black & White
    5. The profile of the person you think has the best shot of winning Survivor: Toon Zone
    6. Two versions of the same character in one picture
    7. a detective
    8. Talking Food

Part IV - Whodunit?

Sherman Holmes had been born and raised in Albama and, despite his mania for Victorian England, had a deep, true affection for the American South. About once a year, usually on a warm spring weekend, he would gas up his antique Bentley and make the long pilgrimage back home.

Sherman himself was an orphan, but he had always kept in contat with his childhood neighbors, Big Daddy Brown and his clan. On one of his annual visits, the odd little detective found himself joining the Browns in ever Alabamian's favorite pastime, a picnice.

The scene was a satate park where the old southern family commandeered a picnic table. Big Daddy spread the tablecloth. Two of the grown children, Tiffany and Billy, unloaded the wicker baskets. The third, Julius, poured iced tea from a thermos, while Big Momma unpacked the crystal salt and pepper shakers and handed out cloth napkins. Sherman added his own touch, a candelabra topped with citronella candles to keep away the bugs.

Although he saw the Browns just once a year, Sherman felt he knew them intimately. Julius was close to his own age, whicle Tiffany and Billy, the twins, were a good ten years younger. None were married, as if forming a family of their own might be some sort of affront to the domineering father who controlled their lives.

On the surface, the picnic resembled the dozen previous picnics he'd attended with the Browns. Billy flipped burgers on the grill. Julius kept everyone's glass full. Tiffany and Bib Momma hovered over the proceedings, doling out seconds and thirds; while Big Daddy slatered butter on his corn, spilling half of it on his plate and wiping the other half from his mouth with a napkin.

But something was wrong. The jokes were strained, the affection too forced and Sherman's sixth sense was kicking into gear. He tried to ignore it.

Big Daddy's heart attack came duddenly, near the end of the meal. The elderly man's flesy face turned as white as his neatly trimmed mustache. His breathing grew heavy. Then he grasped his chest and collapsed backwards into the grass.

Sherman and Julius rushed to Big Daddy's side. The others gathered around, looking on helplessly as the two men did their best to revive the stricken patriarch.

"He's dead," Julius whispered.

Tiffany ran off to call an ambulance, but everyone knew it would be too late.

"He's had heart problems before," Billy said, then turned to comfort his mother. "This was the best way to go, Momma, surrounded by family and eating his favorite food."

Sherman had seen a few heart attacks in his time, and this certainly looked like one. He'd also seen more than a few poisonings.

Sherman glanced over at Big Daddy's place at the table. His glass was half full of iced tea. His plate held the remains of potato salad, coleslaw, and the uneaten sliver of a hamburger bun. A clean but rumpled napkin sat beside the plate, right next to the crystal salt shaker.

The detective's heart sank. Why did people try to get away with murder when he was around? It just didn't make sense.

Who killed Big Daddy?
    What clue gave the killer away?

Part V - World Capitals
    -Find the world capital that completes these sentences.
    i.e. "She fancied herself a blend of Gypsy Rose ____ Barker and Mata Hari" (Lima)

1. Many years ago, we saw George Burns joking with Milton ____ the Friar's Club.
    2. That would make ___ years old and Mama seventy-six years old.
    3. The driver was the ____ survivor of the crash.
    4. ___ be the only catcher who had a cartoon bear named after him?
    5. ___ Moff and Kathleen Battle made the critic's list of the ten all-time best sopranos?
    6. Did the customer with the silk paisley ____ for it before he left the store?
    7. Smart merchants ____ improvement stores with many brands of tools.
    8. After her marriages to Richard Burton, how many times has ____ diverced?
    9. There was a Santa Claus suit in the shipping ___ brough home a few days before Christmas
    10. Is ___ the top-ten list of mantras?
    11. A commerical machine should be capable of ___ after ton of dirt clothing.
    12. The medium claimed to be able to communicate with the ghost of Marilyn ____ her seances.

Part VI - Family Teasers
    -Answer!

1. A woman has five children and half of them are male. Is this possible?
    2. A friend was telling me, "I have eight sons and each one has one sister." In total, how many children does my friend have?
    3. Ann's brother has one more brother than sisters. How many more brothers than sisters does Ann have?
    4. "I have as manay brothers as sisters, but my brothers have twice as many sisters as brothers. How many of us are there?"
    5. A doctor has a brother who is an attorney in Alabama, but the attorney in Alabama does not have a brother who is a doctor. How can this be?
    6. John wonders. "If Raymond's son is my son's father, how am I related to Raymond?"
    7. If your uncle's sister is related to you, but is not your aunt, what is the relation?

Part VII - All Mixed Up!
    -Unscramble

1. airy el
    2. dig held
    3. dyed
    4. jamming bye ate
    5.homophony daunt i
    6. a02g2s0
    7. cmj
    8. lore bat
    9. vague in ere
    10. perm rod
    11. vetted the ice
    12. like ok id
    13. stagnancy stir i
    14. redfish now o
    15. wife oct mat
    16.grot rod
    17. jam nave
    18. kazoo lien

Part VIII - I'll Still Survive!
    -Answer!

1. You and 2 buddies are out partying it up. Suddenly your friend Jeb falls down the stairs and breaks his leg. He obviously can't walk, so you and your other buddy need to carry him to safety. Which should you never do:
    a) lay him on his back - it won't help him with his leg
    b)slide your arms under Jeb's neck to pick him up - you'll choke the poor bastard!
    c)kneel behind him - what happens if he falls on you! You'll be injured too and thus be worthless.

2. You and your beloved are walking across a large open field when suddenly a severe lightning storm develops right over the field. You already think you are hot, so feel that getting struck by lightning won't do much to help your winning personality. What should you do to avoid being struck by lightning?
    a) Stand up - lightning goes for flat surfaces, so you'll be safe if you are standing up
    b) panic - cause lets face it, you're gonna die anyway
    c) get inside - quick! Lighting doesn't like to go through windows, yo!

3. You and your buddy Charlie are working in a butcher shop. While slicing some ham for Mrs. Jones one day, Charlie slices his finger off! Which should you not do to preserve the finger so that you can reattach it later?
    a) wash the finger - cause when you reattach it, outside water will contain bacteria and you'll get sick and die
    b) overwrap it! - if you wrap it too much, you won't be able to get oxygen to the finger and it won't be able to function properly when reattached
    c) freeze it! - it's best too keep it cold, and freezing it will ensure that it stays at it's coldest!

Part IX - Cryptolicious!
    -Decode!

1. D F P / D Y Y O / X Y O P
    2. G B M T D / H R J I
    3. W G Z D Y Y O / O P D R Y Z L / E Y Z M I H
    4. B W / G O J I G D P B / M O J N P Z H P
    5. B J H O P S / G O J I G D J Y O
    6. I G Z N P T / G O J I G D J Y O / E Y Z M I
    7. O J W L D Y Y O H
    8. D Y Y O G I J
    9. R G Z O P Z / Q Z Y D F P Z H / W T M Q
    10. P O D P Z D G J O I P O D / Q Y G Z B
    11. W Y I J W / Q Y Y L / W M T D M Z P
    12. B N B / B J H W M H H J Y O
    13. N J B P Y / V G I P H
    14. W G E P / D Y Y O / X Y O P
    15. H D Y Z S / Q Y G Z B
    16. B Z G R J O V / Q Y G Z B

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

:eek:

Thanks. Thanks so much.

:p

*LOOKS AT CHALLENGE AGAIN*

:eek:

-Tim

3. TimTwoFace

What, not even an inkling of a clue for parts 7 or 9? That's kinda difficult...you don't really give us much to work with there, buddy. :eek:

EDIT: Part V.2 - is that a typo? Should it be "that" instead of "the"?

-Tim

4. Colin

You're nearing closer to the end! You shouldn't need clues! :D

and, It should be "that", yes... but I'm not sure correct "Th" word is gonna let anyone get that capital right anyway... tho, I could be surprised ;)

5. Colin

and this challenge is OVER!!!

The winner of immuity this week, blowing away the competiton, is once again, Guinaevere!

Congratulations Gwen!

Everyone needs to thiunk long and hard about the decision they have to make. I'll see you all at Tribal Council.

*answers will be posted later*

6. Colin

and now your answers...

Challenge 17 - REVENGE of the Challenges!

Part I - Trivia
    -answer!

1. When was Scrabble invented? (1931)
    2. When did the Great San Francisco Earthquake strike? (April 18, 1906)
    3. Four states have capitals named after American presidents. Can you name them? (Jackson, Mississippi; Jefferson City, Missouri; Lincoln, Nebraska; Madison, Wisconsin)
    4. What famous American said, "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book." (Ronald Reagan)
    5. In the film Casablance, who played and sang the song "As Time Goes By"? (Dooley Wilson aka "Sam")
    6. What was the name of the first human sent into space? (Yuri Gagarin)
    7. Which river is the longest in the world? (The Nile River)
    8. Who invented vulcanized rubber? (Charles Goodyear)
    9. Where did the Incas live? (The Andes mountains in Peru)
    10. What was the relationship between Gladys Knight and the Pips? (Pips = 2 cousins & a brother)

Part II - Misheard Lyrics
    -submit Correct Lyric, Title and Artist

1. "That Deft thumb of lightning" (That Deaf, dumb and blind kid; Pinball Wizard - The Who)
    2. "I'm sure that I could be a movie store, if I could get out of these plays." (I'm sure that I could be a movie star, if I could get out of this place; Piano Man - Billy Joel)
    3. Potted meat will roast on the flames (Pardon me while I burst into flames; Pardon Me - Incubus)
    4. The algebra has a devil put aside for me (Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me; Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen)
    5. Tell me, are you blocking the cars? (Tell me, are you locked in the punch? Man on the Moon - REM)
    6. Three-car family (We are family, We are Family - Sister Sledge)

Part III - Scavenge!
    -submit link to picture, text, or whichever you prefer

1. The Passion
    2. cause of global warming
    3. a funny newspaper headline
    4. something Black & White
    5. The profile of the person you think has the best shot of winning Survivor: Toon Zone
    6. Two versions of the same character in one picture
    7. a detective
    8. Talking Food

Part IV - Whodunit?

Sherman Holmes had been born and raised in Albama and, despite his mania for Victorian England, had a deep, true affection for the American South. About once a year, usually on a warm spring weekend, he would gas up his antique Bentley and make the long pilgrimage back home.

Sherman himself was an orphan, but he had always kept in contat with his childhood neighbors, Big Daddy Brown and his clan. On one of his annual visits, the odd little detective found himself joining the Browns in ever Alabamian's favorite pastime, a picnice.

The scene was a satate park where the old southern family commandeered a picnic table. Big Daddy spread the tablecloth. Two of the grown children, Tiffany and Billy, unloaded the wicker baskets. The third, Julius, poured iced tea from a thermos, while Big Momma unpacked the crystal salt and pepper shakers and handed out cloth napkins. Sherman added his own touch, a candelabra topped with citronella candles to keep away the bugs.

Although he saw the Browns just once a year, Sherman felt he knew them intimately. Julius was close to his own age, whicle Tiffany and Billy, the twins, were a good ten years younger. None were married, as if forming a family of their own might be some sort of affront to the domineering father who controlled their lives.

On the surface, the picnic resembled the dozen previous picnics he'd attended with the Browns. Billy flipped burgers on the grill. Julius kept everyone's glass full. Tiffany and Bib Momma hovered over the proceedings, doling out seconds and thirds; while Big Daddy slatered butter on his corn, spilling half of it on his plate and wiping the other half from his mouth with a napkin.

But something was wrong. The jokes were strained, the affection too forced and Sherman's sixth sense was kicking into gear. He tried to ignore it.

Big Daddy's heart attack came duddenly, near the end of the meal. The elderly man's flesy face turned as white as his neatly trimmed mustache. His breathing grew heavy. Then he grasped his chest and collapsed backwards into the grass.

Sherman and Julius rushed to Big Daddy's side. The others gathered around, looking on helplessly as the two men did their best to revive the stricken patriarch.

"He's dead," Julius whispered.

Tiffany ran off to call an ambulance, but everyone knew it would be too late.

"He's had heart problems before," Billy said, then turned to comfort his mother. "This was the best way to go, Momma, surrounded by family and eating his favorite food."

Sherman had seen a few heart attacks in his time, and this certainly looked like one. He'd also seen more than a few poisonings.

Sherman glanced over at Big Daddy's place at the table. His glass was half full of iced tea. His plate held the remains of potato salad, coleslaw, and the uneaten sliver of a hamburger bun. A clean but rumpled napkin sat beside the plate, right next to the crystal salt shaker.

The detective's heart sank. Why did people try to get away with murder when he was around? It just didn't make sense.

Who killed Big Daddy?
    What clue gave the killer away? ...the rest of the story:

"I don't want to turn you in," Sherman said softly.

It was two days later and the family was walking away from the burial site, heading back to the funeral home's limousine parked by the cemetery's gravel road.

Sherman had maneuvered his way to Big Momma's side. They were out of earshot of the others and would be for the next minute or two.

"I don't want to turn you in," he repeated. "Why did you do it?"

"For the kids," said Big Momma. Her tone was eerily calm. "You saw how it was. All the time he pushed them down, controlled everything. Maybe now they can live their own lives. Me, too," she added as an afterthought.

"You poisoned his napkin." Sherman said to show her that he knew. "Every time he went to wipe his mouth, he inhald a little poison. Then after he collapsed and no one was looking, you replaced it with a clean napkin. That's what I noticed. A clean napkin--that should have been covered with butter."

"You can't prove it," Big Momma said with a thin smile. "Even if you dig up his body and check it for poison, that napkin no longer exists. You can't prove a thing."

Part V - World Capitals
    -Find the world capital that completes these sentences.
    i.e. "She fancied herself a blend of Gypsy Rose ____ Barker and Mata Hari" (Lima)

1. Many years ago, we saw George Burns joking with Milton ____ the Friar's Club. (Berlin)
    2. The would make ___ years old and Mama seventy-six years old. (Papeete)
    3. The driver was the ____ survivor of the crash. (Seoul)
    4. ___ be the only catcher who had a cartoon bear named after him? (Canberra)
    5. ___ Moff and Kathleen Battle made the critic's list of the ten all-time best sopranos? (Havanna)
    6. Did the customer with the silk paisley ____ for it before he left the store? (Taipei)
    7. Smart merchants ____ improvement stores with many brands of tools. (Stockholm)
    8. After her marriages to Richard Burton, how many times has ____ divorced? (Lisbon)
    9. There was a Santa Claus suit in the shipping ___ brough home a few days before Christmas (Baghdad)
    10. Is ___ the top-ten list of mantras? (Amman)
    11. A commerical machine should be capable of ___ after ton of dirt clothing. (Washington)
    12. The medium claimed to be able to communicate with the ghost of Marilyn ____ her seances. (Monrovia)

Part VI - Family Teasers
    -Answer!

1. A woman has five children and half of them are male. Is this possible? (yes, as long as the other half are male, too. She has 5 sons)
    2. A friend was telling me, "I have eight sons and each one has one sister." In total, how many children does my friend have? (9)
    3. Ann's brother has one more brother than sisters. How many more brothers than sisters does Ann have? (3 more brothers than sisters)
    4. "I have as manay brothers as sisters, but my brothers have twice as many sisters as brothers. How many of us are there?" (7)
    5. A doctor has a brother who is an attorney in Alabama, but the attorney in Alabama does not have a brother who is a doctor. How can this be? (doctor is a woman)
    6. John wonders. "If Raymond's son is my son's father, how am I related to Raymond?" (john is Raymond's son)
    7. If your uncle's sister is related to you, but is not your aunt, what is the relation? (mom)

Part VII - All Mixed Up!
    -Unscramble

1. airy el (rayeli)
    2. dig held (gddiehl)
    3. dyed (eddy)
    4. jamming bye ate (majin_megabyte)
    5.homophony daunt i (humanoid typhoon)
    6. a02g2s0 (sag2002)
    7. cmj (mjc)
    8. lore bat (el barto)
    9. vague in ere (guinaevere)
    10. perm rod (mr pedro)
    11. vetted the ice (the detective)
    12. like ok id (Ikki D Leo)
    13. stagnancy stir i (singin' stray cat)
    14. redfish now o (hero of winds)
    15. wife oct mat (timtwoface)
    16.grot rod (trogdor)
    17. jam nave (javeman)
    18. kazoo lien (kinel ozoa)

Part VIII - I'll Still Survive!
    -Answer!

1. You and 2 buddies are out partying it up. Suddenly your friend Jeb falls down the stairs and breaks his leg. He obviously can't walk, so you and your other buddy need to carry him to safety. Which should you never do:
    a) lay him on his back - it won't help him with his leg
    b)slide your arms under Jeb's neck to pick him up - you'll choke the poor bastard!
    c)kneel behind him - what happens if he falls on you! You'll be injured too and thus be worthless.

2. You and your beloved are walking across a large open field when suddenly a severe lightning storm develops right over the field. You already think you are hot, so feel that getting struck by lightning won't do much to help your winning personality. What should you do to avoid being struck by lightning?
    a) Stand up - lightning goes for flat surfaces, so you'll be safe if you are standing up
    b) panic - cause lets face it, you're gonna die anyway
    c) get inside - quick! Lighting doesn't like to go through windows, yo!

3. You and your buddy Charlie are working in a butcher shop. While slicing some ham for Mrs. Jones one day, Charlie slices his finger off! Which should you not do to preserve the finger so that you can rreattach it later?
    a) wash the finger - cause when you reattach it, outside water will contain bacteria and you'll get sick and die
    b) overwrap it! - if you wrap it too much, you won't be able to get oxygen to the finger and it won't be able to function properly when reattached
    c) freeze it! - it's best too keep it cold, and freezing it will ensure that it stays at it's coldest!

Part IX - Cryptolicious!
    -Decode!

1. D F P / D Y Y O / X Y O P
    2. G B M T D / H R J I
    3. W G Z D Y Y O / O P D R Y Z L / E Y Z M I H
    4. B W / G O J I G D P B / M O J N P Z H P
    5. B J H O P S / G O J I G D J Y O
    6. I G Z N P T / G O J I G D J Y O / E Y Z M I
    7. O J W L D Y Y O H
    8. D Y Y O G I J
    9. R G Z O P Z / Q Z Y D F P Z H / W T M Q
    10. P O D P Z D G J O I P O D / Q Y G Z B
    11. W Y I J W / Q Y Y L / W M T D M Z P
    12. B N B / B J H W M H H J Y O
    13. N J B P Y / V G I P H
    14. W G E P / D Y Y O / X Y O P
    15. H D Y Z S / Q Y G Z B
    16. B Z G R J O V / Q Y G Z B

Answers:
    1. The Toon Zone
    2. Adult Swim
    3. Cartoon Network Forums
    4. DC Animated Universe
    5. Disney Animation
    6. Marvel Animation Forum
    7. NickToons
    8. Toonami
    9. Warner Brothers Club
    10. Entertainment Board
    11. Comic Book Culture
    12. DVD Discussion
    13. Video Games
    14. Cafe Toon Zone
    15. Story Board
    16. Drawing Board

7. TimTwoFace

*WHINES* I got most of those right, I just didn't have a clue with Sections 7 or 9! :(

-Tim

8. bgmark13

bgmark13 New Member

yes and canada...have a mighty navy...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.