1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor: Toon Zone - Discussion

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Cause I was at work! =P

2. Kinel Ozoa

Kinel Ozoa September 2007

I had a feeling the Tim vs. Gwen stuff was more our bennifit than anything else..but then again I didn't know either of you that well so I couldn't tell. As gwen said, you did quite well Tim! What made me doubt less that it was a hoax was the harshness you were putting into it...like calling her a whore and stuff...:sweat: I probably wouldn't have added much to any fight anyways, I'm just to nice to arugh with such nice people!

3. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

wade-a-minute. my boating onto the island wasn't allowed?!? i was just trying to liven things up, too! :p

GK

4. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

I was going to keep this fairly private, but then I thought, why? So just an FYI.

This friday (sept 24) is Yom Kippur, and I won't be online at all. Technically, it goes from sundown to sundown, but I have my own ways of doing things. :sweat:

5. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Dang you Gwen, your whole belief system is going to throw this game out of whack!

:mad:

-Tim

*GRRRRRRR*

6. Colin

Well, I would not have mind the boating if you didn't bring along all that food! They are supposed to be starving and wasting away to nothing out there! ;)

7. HumanoidTyphoon

HumanoidTyphoon Active Member

Tim still has a chance for it

Gwen did you ever tell us what you got with your previous winnings?

*cough* you should have said bribe *cough*

8. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

i brought the food to dampen their spirits. like the jelly beans for instance. i never shared them. i said "these are delicious" and then i walked off the island. do you mean the bread crusts? oh. my bad :D

GK

9. guinaevere

I still haven't picked a place to take a gift certificate from. I asked Colin for suggestions, but he said I should decide on my own. So... I still haven't used the gift certificate, because I still have no idea where I want a gift certificate from. :sweat:

:cough:So... I still haven't used the [strike]gift certificate[/strike] bribe, because I still have no idea [strike]where I want a gift certificate from[/strike] how I want to divy up this huge pile of money. :cough:

aCHOO!!

10. Colin

*sigh*

I should have realized weeks ago that no one was gonna have fun with the jury questioning. That no one was going to call into play the ethics of either Tim or Gwen's games. No one was gonna call you out on any potential backstabbing and throat slitting you may have done, etc...

What's the whole point of saying "you can say ANYTHING YOU WANT" to the remaining players if you are just gonna go, stand up, ask a question (sometimes a question that seemingly has nothing to do with the game itself), and then sit down. The whole thing is supposed to be fun, but it just doesn't even look like anyone's having fun with it. Just looks like everyone is going through the paces... which has been happening since Week 1...

I should have known...
    *sigh*

11. Kinel Ozoa

Hey hey hey, wait till everyone has a turn untill you lose hope! :evil: *evil laughter*

12. HumanoidTyphoon

HumanoidTyphoon Active Member

jeez and I thought I was cynical

I don't know I thought Javeman touched on the Tim/Gwen thing and Elbarto is now.=/

Also I thought my question was fun with a capital r. Guess we don't have the same ideas of fun.

13. TimTwoFace

*TUGS AT COLLAR* Eeeep.

-Tim

14. guinaevere

It certainly appears that someone is having fun with their answers at least. I won't name names or anything... :D

I dunno, Colin. We've now had 4 Jurors ask their questions. Two of the Jurors have asked pointed, though not flat-out "are you a total stinker for playing the way you have?" questions.

I agree it would be very fun, if not unnerving to be faced with a very loaded or even worse, direct question. But you have to remember that unlike the tv show, we all aren't complete strangers, nor do we all go our seperate ways once it's over. I'm not close friends with any of the Jurors like Tim is, but we all do bump into each other with regularity on these boards, and that might be something to consider.

psst. Colin, the host is generally supposed to keep the mood of the gathering up. :D

15. TimTwoFace

Don't you dare even try to insinuate that I'm trying to influence the jury in that manner. Honestly.

-Tim

16. TimTwoFace

*NUDGES JURORS* Yo...you're up. :)

-Tim

17. Singin' Stray Cat

Singin' Stray Cat Still Alive Somewhere

Okay, that's it. I've had it.

Colin, please quit whining about how we're playing it. Please. It's taking all the fun out of it for me. I thought everyone was doing just fine. Personally, I WAS enjoying it. I'm sorry for saying such a thing, and I really didn't want to hurt your feelings because you've put a lot of effort into organizing this game and such. For that, I'm really grateful. You've done an excellent job. But this harping is getting on my nerves. I want to relax and just PLAY, not worry about something that I feel is relatively trivial. It takes me a while to come up with something even remotely fun and imaginative to post, and I don't always have that kind of time. Feels like my posts come under close scrutiny now or something, and if they don't measure up, then the whole game's ruined, or something. Geez! I don't want to have to worry that much during a game!

Look, as other people have said before, this is the first time we've tried something like this. Add to that, most people are busy with their lives outside the internet (look at the people who have had to drop out, for example) and it's only natural that people kinda put in what they have to, maybe a bit more, and move on. I can see your point. To a certain extent, I empathize with you. But instead of expecting things to just up and improve in the first game, just roll with it, let the game run its course, and keep stuff in mind for the next Survivor (assuming we have one). Like, was the timing bad? Well, we can hold the next one in, say, the middle of summer or something, when most people have more free time.

In any case, just don't worry about it. For your sake more than mine, really. Almost nothing is at its best the first go-round, and that's OKAY. So just RELAX, fer pete's sake.

Besides, how can you be sure that I didn't have any ulterior motives for asking the question that I did, hmmm? It was supposed to be deceptively simple. And I'll have you know that the answers turned out much more interesting than I'd expected.

18. Kinel Ozoa

Bessides, the first questions will open up even more for later juroros to ask! I already got mine ready though, it's a tough one. Don't hate me Gwen or Tim! :D

On a side note: Yeash I feel sorry for Pedro, it might be a while for him to reply to the jury thread. 3 Hurricanes in the same area in one month, mother nature seems to have it out for florida..:sad:

19. Colin

My gripe's not how you're presenting your questions. I think everyone's doing a fine job of presenting the questions. As for ulterior motives... you're right, I've got no idea what's been going through my head. My biggest "Harp" has been that for weeks I've been stressing that this is the point where you can unload on the final two for anything and everything about game play... you may think that this is a trivial point, but in fact it's supposed to be a vital point to the game. At jury, you have to face your demons. The other players have the right to call you out. Call you out on any bad deals you made, any times you were stabbed in the back, etc. Relive all the things you wish you didn't do. It proves the players the final two were. It provides you, the jury, with even more information to help base your final decision on. It doesn't present them as two superior people, but rather more realistic people and helps you to possibly see them in a different light. I guess I'm just frustrated that more of that's not coming into play. So, please, don't get me wrong. I may have come across as an ungrateful git, but that was far from it... we all know how difficult it is to convey some things online... this is a case where that was one of those things... we get over it and move on.

As for the next round (which, I for one hope there will be, and based on how well this one ultimately went, despite all my *****ing, there should be ;))... I don't know if time of year really had anything to do with it as much as the length of game play. No one really had any idea what to expect, myself included... no one knew how long this thing was gonna last, but we all made it through. Who knew it would last 4, almost 5 months... wow! I think it's just a matter of working the game when it's convenient for the players. Most "teams" will need to realize that everyone's not gonna always be available for whatever reason and they work with it. I doubt it'll make a difference whether it be Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall (though, Summer probably did turn out to be the better time since many of us didn't have excessive burdens, like pesky schoolwork). We'll see how it goes during the next round of Reality...

20. TimTwoFace

Ugh, I had forgotten that Pedro is in Florida - that explains his absense. I hope he's doing OK down there. *CROSSES FINGERS*

Hey, as I said when the final round began - bring it on. The tougher, the better.

-Tim