1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor: Toon Zone - Discussion

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Well, here we are, 7 weeks into the game... I figured it's about time to start getting some general feedback from the players. Sooo... all players, feel free to use this thread to give me any feedback about the game, ideas about competitions you'd like to see, ideas for potential prizes in Reward Challenges, etc. You can discuss just about anything game related in this thread (just none of the obvious stuff: blatant voting discussions, asking Colin for the answers to the challenge in advance, etc)

So, let me here what you guys have to say... always looking for ways to improve the game, make it more challenging, more fun, etc :)

2. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

General feedback, general feedback?

Well, for one, you broke my head. Hope your pleased with yourself and your little contest. [​IMG]

3. Kinel Ozoa

Kinel Ozoa September 2007

It's been challenging that's for sure. Also though it's been fun, I like the people on the team I'm on, we all try to pull our weight. Prizes I don't carre about really, I saw this I signed up for the fun of it. Bessides I don't have much immagination there. :sweat:

More challenging? You want our opinions on how to make it more challenging? :eek: I got an idea! Why not ask us to all surf the internet for a few hours..yup that's sound challenging! ^_^ All joking asside though, i don't know how to help you there. But maybe you'l find solice in the fact so far you don't really seem to need any?

Edit: And now thatI think about it, right now probably wasn't the best time to get my name changed...

#3 Kinel Ozoa, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2004
  4. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Prizes you say? How about some Van Halen tickets?:D

Or perhaps the Beastie Boys? I hear they're touring soon.

#4 Mr. Pedro, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2004
  5. HumanoidTyphoon

HumanoidTyphoon Active Member

listen to Mr. Pedro

So far the games been great. For a potential challenge Cartoon trivia? this is Toon Zone after all.

hmmm prizes...mod-ship maybe........no?:sweat: I believe you mentioned gift certificates before those would be cool.

6. Colin

Sheesh! I announce "something is coming" and no one starts to panic! I'm hurt... I guess I'm losing my edge... I'll have to come up with some crafty twists....

*puts on thinking cap*

7. Kinel Ozoa

Give us time! We'll panic!! I'm panicing!! *grabs something* Don't tell me I'm not panicing!!! Erm...anyway..soo....what's comin?

8. guinaevere

Always willing to oblige when it envolves theatrics

::full-on panic-mode:: Something's coming? You mean, it's going to get worse?!

aaaiieee!!! Will I have the strength to continue?! ::dramatic pose::

(how was that?)

As I'm ever so observant, I've only just noticed this from the original post...
    Geeze, Colin. Any other obscure rules you think we should be aware of? :p

9. Colin

Nah... it's not gonna get worse.... at least not yet... just natural game progression and other fun happy nonsense! :)

As for the other obscure rules.... none at the moment, but I'll definitely try to make some up :D

10. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey man, there's nothing we can do now...so I am the self-proclaimed Man Without Fear. Then again, when these hideous challenges are revealed, I'll go running away crying like a height-challenged person of my opposite gender.

(Gotta be PC, right?)

-Tim

11. guinaevere

Hey!! That is NOT what I was asking for!

::looks at irritated remaining Survivor members:: I... This isn't my fault! That wasn't what I meant... I'm going to be lynched now, aren't I?

Well, I'm not. I'm all about picking one's fights wisely. So, um... Look! The Good Year blimp!! ::runs away::

12. Kinel Ozoa

Maybe if he spends his time making obscure rules he won't have as much time for the challenges...unless he makes some rule like "You cannot give the right answers" or something, but I'll stop now lest I give him more ideas.

13. Colin

Just wanted to bring up a point that's kinda been nagging me for a while... the lack of participation in the Tribal Council thread.

...perhaps it wasn't explained fully enough, or even well enough... but I always expected the tribal council thread to be a thread that had constant dialouge. Yes, I'd ask some questions, but those questions are just supposed to be starting points to bigger discussions. I don't just want to hear from one person on a particular subject and move on, I would have liked to see some reaction on other people's responses, too. The Tribal Council threads should often be lively... instead, I often find myself fishing for stuff to discuss because there's only so much I can speculate about going on... or I only get limited answers that don't lead to further discussion on the topic.

Tribal Council is not only supposed to be granting me an insight into the players and the games, but it's also supposed to help you guys and grant you further insight into other players. You guys have always been encouraged to respond to each other. I never said you couldn't, yet there always seems to be a lack of response in the thread.

I dunno... maybe I just expected too much from it...

14. TimTwoFace

I think the only reason people are shying away from the tribal councils right now is because they're worried to say anything that may weaken their position in the game. Everyone's still uneasy as to where they sit, there's no position of power that's been set. Anyone could be the next victim.

I mean, if a position of power is set, the people in the driver's seat can say whatever they want cuz they feel 'safe', while the people worried about their position will say whatever they want, hoping to stir things up and go out in a blaze of glory.

So yeah, I guess we're all playing it safe at the moment. :)

-Tim

15. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Tim pretty much hit it right on the head. Nobody wants to say something, only to have it come back and bite them in the ass later.

I don't think that the lack of activity in the tribal councils necessarily means that no one is interested in the game. I think we're all playing carefully. If anything, I think it reflects better on everyone as a whole, if they think before acting.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, I think Tim is a doody-head. :evil:

16. Colin

Ah, but you can still play it safe and spark some kind of conversation over there. I'm not looking for something like "My plan this week is to eliminate this person, so that next week I can eliminate their alliance partner, followed closely by the person who I plan on stabbing in the back..." just something that can feed discussion. You may think it's dangerous to not say too much... it can also be dangerous to not say enough... ;) Remember, especially at this point... your performance is now being judged by the jury... ;)

...oh, and it'd make me feel better if you said Tim was a doody-head in the Tribal Council thread ;)

17. guinaevere

I don't believe it... someone is actually encouraging me to add commentary? This has never been done in my life. I think... I ...might ...faint. I also think I have found a new appreciation for Colin.

Wow. Well, I'm way too scatterbrained to have a plan beyond, "try and win immunity." So... it's not like you could get that sort of response from me, even if I wanted to give it. :sweat:

18. TimTwoFace

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF DOODY-HEADS, YOU...DOODY-HEADS!

-Tim

19. Colin

Figured I'd move the discussion of Tim's sig over here....

While yes, I do hold the prize... Gwen, you'll be interested in knowing that yes, I am the one holding the prize... but more importantly, I'm the one who's got all your airline tickets home :evil:

20. TimTwoFace

ARGH! I don't wanna get trapped in Brooklyn! I don't even know if you have supermarkets there! :eek:

NOOOOOOOO!

-Tim

PS - Gwen's a big friggin' doody-head. I'd say worse but I don't want to have to end up banning myself from this board. :p

PPS - Hey Colin, in the unlikely case of a tie at tribal council, like a 4-4 split or a 3-3 split, what would happen to break the tie? They kept changing the rules on this one with every Survivor season, it seemed - so I have absolutely NO clue what you're concocting.