1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, May 28, 2005.

1. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter Active Member

In games such as this, a lot of trust comes into play. Colin trusts that all of the players will follow the rules. The players trust that that each of the others will follow the rules. You're right... there's no way of telling if the people 'sitting out' are truely sitting out, short of finding a way to get the host and all of the players in the game in one place in the world (like the actual show) or doing something illegal... which I'm totally not condoing, by the way.

We could do it the way you suggested (and which I've seen on another reality show, MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge), but since this is a Survivor-based game, we should stick to keeping it that way.
    You hope that it never comes to that, but if it does, it's up to the team to decide what to do, regardless of the affected person's status. We can't control what happens in real life... even controlling our own lives has its limitations. These things occur from time to time. The rules are sound as they are given, and honestly, regardless of the status of the affected person, would you want to keep him/her in the game because he/she might one day come back, and instead vote someone who has been playing, out? (That's open to the whole Survivor-game player interpretation, though.)

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

This is just a game; serious real life issues will always be more important than as to whether you "win" or not.

At this point in the game though, you have a whole team to fall back on - therefore, if your team is strong, you will do just fine.

-Tim

3. Captain Zechs

Captain Zechs Active Member

Suggestion:

Colin I blelieve That you should first post the team answers and then post the real answers, because in challenges in such as the one going on right now I believe it should be established that there is a definate answer and the team who loses may think they had the correct answers, the answer sheet shows how they are wrong.

Just a suggestion, I mean thats what Jeff does...isn't it?

4. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

Eh... Those of us who have been playing Colin's games from the beginning have gotten used to some manner of trust, in that we aren't often given the actual answers to compare ours against.

He has no interest in the outcome of the challenges, so for him to randomly say "team A, you got 435 questions right, team B I don't like you, so you didn't get any right."

But, to be honest, I enjoy the challenges a great deal, as I love to put the old bean to work... and I get frustrated when Ihave no idea if my answers were correct or not.

5. TimTwoFace

That said, where are the results for this challenge!?

WHEREEE!?

-Tim

6. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

There a'coming! Sheesh! Can't a man go to work at 7 in the morning anymore? =P

7. TimTwoFace

Oh, your work will understand if you're late due to a game you're running on the internet. :D

-Tim

8. Colin

Notice to the Snollygosters!

You need to sit out one player this challenge! You can not sit out Gwen or Mahou this week.

Please let me know who will be sitting out sometime tonight... I want to get the challenge going before I leave for work tomorrow morning.

9. Colin

And here I was hoping that when I got home from work, the Snollygosters would have posted the person sitting out so I can get the challenge going, since the forums were down this morning... but alas, they haven't...

so, I make this threat...

If the Snollygosters have NOT posted who is sitting out of the challenge by 6 pm Eastern, they will automatically be sent to Tribal Council!

10. Red

Red Hmm

Red Giant here to save some asses!

Lord Dalek will be sitting this round out. If you need the person themselves to say it themselves, then I will, otherwise, its Lord Dalek.

11. guinaevere

Apologies to Colin and my team... I saw that Ski Mail had arrived, and I assumed Dalek had contacted Colin as regarding his sitting out this challenge.
    =\

12. TimTwoFace

Communication, people! :)

-Tim

13. guinaevere

Okay team snoolygoggles. We needs TWO volunteers to sit this one out... can we have two brave people (hopefully who haven't had to sit out a round already) come forward by this evening? =D

14. Red

Red Hmm

Your first person to sit out will be.........Me.

I will sit out this round Colin as I am 1 of few who hasnt.

15. TimTwoFace

OK, we've had our discussions, and it looks like that if we NEED two...and I bet we will, unless Colin's changed the rules...they will be RED GIANT and WEATHERMAN.

-Tim

16. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Does anyone have any idea if I can sue the production company for penguin attacks?

17. guinaevere

No. If I can't sue over the misuse of coconuts and Tim running around stark nekkid, there's no way you'll be repaid for aquatic fowl damages.

18. TimTwoFace

Would you rather NOT be wearing the coconuts, Gwen? I mean, seriously...have a little class. :D

-Tim

19. guinaevere

This coming from the guy who was trying to convince me that Hooter's is a classy restaurant...

20. TimTwoFace

I never said classy. I said it was a family restaurant which, apparently, it is.

It made me mighty thirsty, too. :p

-Tim