1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, May 28, 2005.

1. HumanoidTyphoon

HumanoidTyphoon Active Member

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Thanks for the info, HT!

(aka, "Ghost from Survivors' Past")

-Tim

*TRIPS OVER CAR*

3. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

4. Bearpod91

Bearpod91 I still have a moving avatar!

Wobbegong Yaffles members who have AIM messenger : IM me!!!

5. Colin

I just wanted to post a pre-emptive reminder to the Haptic Snollygosters...

When Tribe Numbers are uneven (as will definitely happen in the game), the tribe with more members must sit out players in the competition. No player can sit out two competitions in a row. To ensure that this is done, the point person for that challenge will submit a list of the participating players to me. When submitting the challenge answers, the point person will then mark who answered what part of the challenge.

So, you guys best be thinking about it... you'll need to let me know before the Challenge begins on Monday...

6. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

I have a question about that. I'm sure it was addressed in S1, but I have a lousy memory, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Say Player X sits out IC round 5, and Player X's team LOSES that round. Is Player X a viable target at Tribal Council, or are they immune, as they were a non-participatory factor of that IC?

7. Colin

The only way for an individual to be immune at Tribal Council is to have Individual Immunity... and since we ain't playing for that now, everyone is fair game... should your tribe lose the challenge ;)

8. TimTwoFace

Yep, that makes sense - just as in the TV show. :D

-Tim

9. HumanoidTyphoon

HumanoidTyphoon Active Member

Oh, you had definitions in mind. Leagues above the old make up your own name we got last game. ;} So are they too important to be revealed at the moment or did I just miss that post?

10. Colin

Hey gang-

Just wanted to let you know that with my birthday this weekend and other fun filled activities, I have been forced to delay this weeks challenge by at least a day... look for Ski Mail tomorrow and probably an abbreviated challenge to start on Tuesday...

11. TimTwoFace

Alright, sounds fine...have a good birthday weekend (or what remains), Maestro!

-Tim

12. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

I know my team needs to sit out TWO members this week.

I am volunteering, and we just need to hear from another member, and I think we can get this week rolling.

13. TimTwoFace

Awww Gwen, but we need you!

-Tim

14. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

Two people?

Maybe I'll sit this one out with Gwen....:sad:

As for the Ski Mail....I'm clueless to what it means...:shrug:

15. TimTwoFace

OK, since no one else said, I suppose we'll make Gwen and Mahou our pair of people sitting out for this challenge. :)

-Tim

16. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Oh, ok. I was going to volunteer since I'm not around much anyway, but if it's set it's set. I'l ltry to chip in this time.

17. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

SPD Emergency!

I kinda need to sit this one out, if possible.

18. TimTwoFace

...unfortunately it's already begun, guys...so no can do. We can help cover the workload but, officially, you'll still need to do the deliveries of your portion of the list tomorrow yourselves.

-Tim

19. Captain Zechs

Captain Zechs Active Member

Question:

How do you know the 2 people (or however many) are sitting out? I mean there is such thing as "secret boards" and IM so whats to say they really aren't helping?

IMO (even though it is not like the real survivor) you should allow the whole team to compete, because there really is no telling whether or not the sitting out people are indeed sitting out. It sort of adds a challenge to the team that has less members and shows them that they really need to work hard in order to become the team with the upper hand, etc, etc.

Just a suggestion, and also a question about this challenge...

What happens if someone doesn't submit a batch of answers?

There are things such as Family Emergencies, Work, etc, etc.

You can't really hold it against them if they called in at the last minute for work and can't submit their answers, and a family emergency...well thats self explanitory. So really this challenge could be bad in many different ways, not to try and be rude to you colin about how you are making the rules, it certainly makes the game interesting but also adds a certain level of...stupidity, because fights CAN begin if a team loses due to one teammate having a good reason to not be able to submit their answers.

yeah...

Thats it for me...

-Cap'n

20. Colin

To address a few topics...

the challenge and sitting people out... You're right... I have no way of knowing. All I know is that the teams communicate, some better than others... if prior experience holds true, the teams most likely have set up a "camp" type private message board to discuss things... and probably discuss things through IMs and PMs... there's no way to stop anyone from participating, yes... but, as will become apparent in later challenges, it can become obvious as to who is and isn't participating...

Submissions: Well, look at it this way... submitting and actually doing the work are two totally different things... I set up this format of the challenge as a twist and that's really all. You need to do things to keep the players on their toes... to keep them from knowing what to expect in every challenge. Sure, things pop up from time to time that can't be helped... but them's the breaks. Just like in the real survivor, if you can't pull your weight for whatever reason, you face the risks... *maybe* your team can do well without the 10 answers... maybe you can still win... who knows... you have no way of predicting how the other team is going to do.

As for fights occurring for a good reason... previous contestants can tell you I'm all about the drama... I love a good showing ;) But so long as everyone realizes that this is just a game... we should all be good, ya...