1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Survey] Sports you watch only in the Olympics

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Burgundy Ranger, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

It's not a true poll, since there are so many options.

But here's the premise. If you're one of those "Olympics geeks" and will watch more than a "normal" amount of coverage, is there one out-of-the-mainstream sport you really get in to during the Games but then pretty much ignore for the next 206 weeks?

I've got two in the Summer Games and they're pretty much the same game, only in different settings -- Water Polo and Team Handball.

Yours?

2. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

Lots to do, but here are my choices.

Well for me, for the Summer Olympics, I would say it would be a toss up between the Equestrian events, the kayaking events, the Marathon and the Decathalon , as well as the Archery events that I'll watch.

For the Winter Olympics, I would say Bobsledding, Luge, and yes, the Biathalon. (Skiing and shooting)

:coyote:

3. AnimatedSnow47

AnimatedSnow47 Active Member

I'm a self-admitted hardcore Olympic junkie. I'll be watching pretty much wall-to-wall coverage for the next two or so weeks. Mostly because I can't seem to find international matches outside of the Olympics OR because rooting for the country is much more fun than a city or state or college, there's...

Summer: Handball, Field Hockey, Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Soccer

Winter: Curling, Ice Hockey

In my eyes, the presentation and rooting for your country enhances all of the sports in the Olympics. When I can, I catch other international competitions in sports like Curling, Basketball, and such.

It's 2pm Central...only 4.5 hours! :D