Superman's most hated enemy

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by The Overlord, Jul 17, 2005.

1. The Overlord

The Overlord New Member

Which villain does superman hate the most?

2. Casey Mack

Casey Mack New Member

Darkseid without question.
    ________
    Blowjob deepthroat

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
  3. The Overlord

The Overlord New Member

Perhaps, but I doubt Mongul will be on Superman's Christmas Card list any time soon.

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King! Moderator

As opposed to the Superman villains that are? :confused: Even ones that he doesn't actually hate aren't going to get any well wishes.

5. Yarharhar

Yarharhar Crime and ghosts beware!

Littering

6. Supremus

Supremus New Member

Yes, it's gotta be Darkseid, and it's one of my few complaints against STAS that Luthor, despite his many appearances and historically being Supes' no.1 arch nemesis, was never made as significant an enemy as Darkseid was. In the comics, Luthor has often really managed to get under Superman's skin, and I don't think that adversarial dynamic played out all that well on STAS.

7. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait Moderator

Despite what he feels towards Darkseid, I always figured that Lex Luthor was his #1 enemy - and his most hated. Luthor has always been a constant thorn in his side, and he's never really faced any sort of comeuppance for his actions. Their battles have always been rather personal, too.

They're both pretty close for differing reasons, though.

-Tim

8. The Overlord

The Overlord New Member

I was joking with the Christmas Card thing, I just think Superman has ample reasom to hate Mongul because that stunt he pulled in "For the Man who Has Everything", which would give him more reason to hate Mongul then say Parasite or Metallo.

9. The Overlord

The Overlord New Member

But Luthor has never really struck a personal blow against Superman like Darkseid, Brainiac or Mongul did, it seems to me he would have more reason to hate those three than Luthor.

10. Supremus

Supremus New Member

I don't think Superman really hates Luthor. In "Injustice For All", he showed a surprising amount of concern for Luthor and his health problem, but he was just flat-out, uncompromisingly aggressive towards Darkseid. For good reason, of course. Darkseid managed to turn him into a destructive force, perhaps even a killing machine, against his adopted planet. Lex has never really gotten to Superman in a big way like that, and another aspect of Darkseid is that he is physically a match for Superman, which perhaps makes him a slightly more intimidating enemy that would automatically provoke a more aggressive approach.

11. Harley_Quinn

Harley_Quinn Honey, get mommy’s bazooka

I think it's Lex followed very closely by Darkseid

12. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

I'm surprised no one mentioned Braniac yet. Superman hates him because he wishes to destroy the world, and collect ultimate knowledge. :yawn:

13. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

No one makes Superman mad like Darkseid. Lex is probably a close second but even Superman doesnt despise Lex as much as Darkseid. Supermans first reaction is to pound his face in.

14. Supremus

Supremus New Member

Do you have a persuasive argument, or should we put it down to female intuition?

:)

15. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Derksaid. Superman and Luthor exchange civil remarks with one another before the pounding begins.
    But Darkseid? You can tell Superman hates him more because the moment he entered the Watchtower Superman began to viciously beat on him.

16. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Really when you think about it Darkseid has to be at the top of Supes most hated list. Just look at what he has done to him. No one has put Superman through the level of personal anguish that Darkseid has. He killed Turpin right before Superman's eyes just for kicks. Later he had Superman brainwashed and made to conquer worlds for him.

Under Darkseids influence there is no telling how many people Superman killed. Even Kara was almost a victim. Darkseid turned the whole Earth against him at one point. He lost trust and friends (Hamilton) during that period. Luthor hasn't had near the accomplishments that Darkseid has had with Superman. It can even be argued he was sexual violated by Lashina since he wasn't in his right state of mind while they were "lovers"( you know it would be funny if we later found out she gave birth to a superbaby and Darkseid is just waiting for the opportunity to use him or her against Supes). If Superman has hate for anyone it is Darkseid.

17. Teo

Teo I've made a huge mistake . . .

I concur. Lex has at least been civil at times (AMAZO's Return, A Better World, etc.) Darkseid has been much more personal and dangerous.

18. The Overlord

The Overlord New Member

I have not seen a good arguement on why Supes would hate Lex more then Darkseid, Mongul and Brainiac.

Darkseid killed Dan Turpin, Brainiac destroyed Supes' home planet, Mongul trapped Superman in a prison where he would have to give up his heart's desire to escape.

Superman dislikes Luthor merely for ideological reasons, but one always hates personal foes more than ideological ones.

Let's compare, in "For the Man Who Has Everything" Superman nearly killed Mongul, only stopping himself at the last minute, compare that to in "Divide We Fall" where Supes at Lex at his mercy and WW feared Supes was going to kill, but Bats stopped her because he knew Lex was not in real danger.

19. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Did they change the destruction of Krypton to being Brainiac fault? I don't recall him having a hand in the planets demise only that he knew it was going to happen and didn't try to prevent it or back Jor-el's theories because he wanted to be the only one with all the recorded information of the planet.

20. Trevor Balena

Trevor Balena New Member

That's it, pretty much. I suppose, though, that one could make the argument that he was indirectly responsible, because if he had done was he was supposed to do (confirmed Jor-El's findings and helped to devise an evacuation plan) countless Kryptonians could have been saved.