1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Superman Week" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah....obviously this is a week late. Since I thought I was originally going to write about the 50's TV show, and I didn't have enough of them ready yet, I had to delay it all a week and write about Pinocchio vs. Space Whale instead.

I'm also aware of how stupid it is to update on July 4, at least in America, since no one with half a life is going to be spending this evening in front of the computer (besides me). But I wanted this all up as soon as I got it done, which happened to be today.

This week read all about Superman's stupidest moments! Then comment about them, or add your own that I never thought of! Plus, the "lost Smallville episode" is being rerun. I have no plans to add this to Classics so if you feel it deserves a spot, say so...otherwise this will be its last appearance on the site.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah....obviously this is a week late. Since I thought I was originally going to write about the 50's TV show, and I didn't have enough of them ready yet, I had to delay it all a week and write about Pinocchio vs. Space Whale instead.

I'm also aware of how stupid it is to update on July 4, at least in America, since no one with half a life is going to be spending this evening in front of the computer (besides me). But I wanted this all up as soon as I got it done, which happened to be today.

This week read all about Superman's stupidest moments! Then comment about them, or add your own that I never thought of! Plus, the "lost Smallville episode" is being rerun. I have no plans to add this to Classics so if you feel it deserves a spot, say so...otherwise this will be its last appearance on the site.

3. TheMecca

Great article- I learned about flops I'd be better off not knowing about! Woo!
    Seriously though, that was hilarious.

4. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Good stuff. I've always been a fan of Superman, but when he turns into a tree...I just don't know! :confused: The Honeymoon issue was particularly funny. I can picture it now:

CLARK: We're going to die.

(silence)

LOIS: Remember that time you fought Doomsday for the three millionth time?

(Panel of said fight)

CLARK: Yup. Sorta like that time I froze the Brooklyn Bridge to stop Darkseid.

LOIS: Or the time where Lex Luthor made you eat mud.

CLARK: I know what you mean.

(shiver) I never want to run into that issue. :eek:

~s7

5. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

You should have included his NES game,,its barely remembered, and theres a reason for that. For that matter, add in the "smallville scrapbook" segments of the ruby spears show,,i liked them back in the day, but i knew they were campy even back then.