1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Superman" Sequel Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

i wonder by "tv star" if they only mean the networks or if they're including cable/hbo/ect stars as well.

i brought this up in the batman 3 thread: i noticed how christopher nolan reuses actors in all of his movies. is there anyone from a previous nolan film you can see as a superman character?

and with my sylar suggestion i also thought maybe, MAYBE, this is what they're looking at for superman and (might as well) supergirl:

[​IMG]

peter did have superman like characteristics after all.

2. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I thought of Milo Ventimiglia, too.

And that brings up another question -- Is it a popular TV actor on a currently running series?

I mean, it could be an actor no one is thinking of, because he's currently not on TV.

So far, these are probably the most popular actors on TV (currently) that could be or not be possible candidates (Other than Welling, these are NOT my choices):

Tom Welling (Smallville)
    Zachery Levy (Chuck)
    Jensen Ackles (Supernatural)
    Jared Padalecki (Supernatural)
    Nathan Fillion (Castle) <--- Should have been cast as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
    Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
    David Boreanaz (Bones)
    Joshua Jackson (Fringe)

Anyone else want to add to the list?

[​IMG]

3. Time Wizard

Time Wizard It All Ends Here

Id love Quinto as Brainiac! Or Hugo Weaving. But I really have no idea who could possibly play Superman, I did like Routh in Returns though and wished to see more of his own interpretation of Supes.

4. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

Because Routh's Superman wasn't effeminate enough?

Nope, but I'd be happy to kick everyone other than Welling off the list... some of them violently. Zachery Levy!?!?!?!

I wouldn't read too much into the TV casting rumor, though. It certainly wouldn't mean that they're looking specifically at the most well known or popular leads on TV.

5. underdog

underdog Member

There's also "White Collar" star Matt Bomer, he actually was in the running for "Superman Returns" awhile back. He's getting real popular with that USA show.

6. Bat-Fan Beyond

I'm not familiar with this show or the actor, but he certainly has a face that could work for Superman.

EDITED TO ADD:

This connection to Chuck could very well be the spark that started the rumors and the mistaken association with Zach Levy.

Matt Bomer may actually be the guy.

7. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

I think Bomer has the presence for Superman, or potential for it at any rate. I'm more worried he couldn't do Clark Kent.

8. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

I'd be interested in seeing Jeffrey Donovan of Burn Notice have a go at playing Superman. He might need to bulk up a bit, though.

9. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Since Brandon Routh ain't coming back I hope they give the role to Matt Bomer.

10. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Tom Welling, but the movie would probably be confused with Smallville: no good.

11. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Possible spoilers? Just rumors for now.

If true, this would be quite interesting, although I guess the only real news will hit at Comic Con.

#491 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
  12. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

If that plot holds true, I can see how they're trying to go darker/Batman esque with the tone.-Trying to focus on the police and street gangs, giving a more crime drama feel.

13. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Sounds fake: like they're trying too hard to make it sound Nolan-esque. Or, it could indeed be Nolan's script, what do I know? My question is how did he get the story? Scripts don't just appear.

14. dmxx116

15. dmxx116

16. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

17. Bat-Fan Beyond

I agree with about 99.5% of this guy's list. The other .5% is debatable about the darkened hues of the costume, which I liked and thought helped make it less gaudy -- but it all really depends on how you light it. I do agree with him on the little raised "S" shield and would add the little short-short speedos as something that needs to go as well.

18. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

agreed on the costume. Those were pretty good color choices for a new age Superman costume. I thought the list was really good, but I didn't agree on the whole kryptonite argument. I don't really want a kryptonite 101 lesson for the next film. It's fragments of his home planet. It hurts him. No need to really get into the philosophy of hows and why or Superman's physical make up..As long as there are no big plot holes surrounding it I think audiences will be fine.

19. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I think I'd rather Kryptonite just not be a part of this series of films. It just seems to be...predictable and cheap. >_<

#499 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  20. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

That list started out okay but then delves into fan-loved minutiae that really weren't problems one way or the other, the kryptonite argument being the epitome of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.