1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Supergirl" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

We need more sexified versions of characters played by Gilbert Godfried clearly.

2. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

It seems this episode was inspired by ACTION COMICS #291 from 1962.
    MXY tries to marry Supergirl in that story.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Oh, so this has been done before. I don't think I've ever seen that issue.

4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

5. hobbyfan

Way different. Treacly, compared to 2017.

6. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

A father rescued! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Homecoming"
    Monday, February 27, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    When Jeremiah Danvers is rescued from Cadmus, Alex and Kara are thrilled to have their father back.

7. hobbyfan

Ok, so much wrong with this episode.

1. Jeremiah returns as a Trojan horse working for Cadmus, making a deal with the devil (Lillian Luthor), presumably meaning Lil told him she'd spare Kara & Alex. Bollocks to that. She is scum, and needs to be put away permanently at the end of the season.

2. Alex lets Jeremiah go when she could've captured or killed him. We just saw a similar scene on Legends of Tomorrow a couple of weeks ago (Jax-Rip). How stupid have the writers become all of a sudden?

3. What's likely to happen is that Jeremiah will turn around and turn on Lillian, hopefully not at the cost of his own life.

I mean, has the disease of stupid writing that has plagued Legends and, for much of last season, Arrow, now begun to plague Supergirl?

On the positive side, the Mon-El-Kara subplot continues as expected, because Mon-El is too impulsive for his own good, and has to work three times as hard to hold on to Kara as a girlfriend. Winn has the advantage in the romance department, it seems.

Jeremiah knows the truth about Mon-El. How long before one of them blabs to Kara?

8. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

#QueerEl is trending right now. Supergirl on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Exodus"
    Monday, March 6, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    As Alex searches for Jeremiah and Kara investigates a series of alien kidnappings, the sisters realize they must break the rules to foil a new Cadmus plot.

9. hobbyfan

Where to begin?

Alex goes all vigilante and starts opening cans of whoopin' on Cadmus thugs. Too bad Jeremiah is still stuck with Loopy Lillian. I give that two more months.

Winn & Lyra. Kara & Mon-El. Alex & Maggie. So when does Lucy return, if at all, to reconcile with James? Or does he find someone else?

Ok, so Teri Hatcher & Kevin Sorbo are together in this series. Who'da thunk? And their characters have ties to Mon-El?

Too bad this gets a week off next week. What is CW's strategy here?

10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

So, in "Exodus" Lou Grant--I mean Snapper--teaches Kara the harsh lesson that extraordinary claims need to be backed up with credible, well-vetted sources in order to be taken seriously. Otherwise, one can expect serious consequences for oneself and possibly others. Is this a thinly-veiled commentary on current events? And, yes, I am ignoring the parallels between this season and our current obsession with the subject of illegal immigration.

#70 Otaku-sempai, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  11. hobbyfan

It just happens to be an analogue on the subject of illegal immigration, perfectly timed, considering the petulent man-child currently in the White House.

12. Dijeirusan

Dijeirusan New Member

It's not thinly veiled at all. It's meant to be a direct parallel.

13. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Supergirl is on right now.

[​IMG]
    "Star-Crossed"
    Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    A new villain comes to National City, putting Supergirl on high alert.

14. hobbyfan

Someone cue up Nazareth's "Love Hurts", because that was appropriate soundtrack music for this episode.

Kara breaks up with Mon-El---again, after discovering his true lineage. Well, true insofar as this continuity is concerned. More on that later.

Winn finds that Lyra's been using him, if but because her bro was a prisoner. Winn finds it in himself to forgive and forget, but he realizes that he's losing Lyra. No way of knowing if she'll be back. Man, it was fun while it lasted, but did they have to ruin it by swerving, or pretending to swerve?

So Music Meister's powers include putting his victims in comas. Thinking about the promo, I couldn't help but think that this is a knock-off of Freddy Krueger, but without the gore. "A Nightmare on Elm Street", it ain't, but it ain't exactly "42nd St.", either. Seeing as I have not seen MM's lone appearance on Batman: The Brave & the Bold, I don't really get the villain all that much. Darren Criss, in just a few seconds, has not yet impressed me. Maybe tomorrow.

Ok, here's the deal, in case you didn't catch it. In the books, Mon-El's real name is---wait for it---Lar Gand. I think I've already tossed that out there, but when the king (Kevin Sorbo) goes by Lar Gand, well........!

Edit, 3/22: Lar Gand was not a prince in the books.

#74 hobbyfan, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Right now on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Distant Sun"
    Monday, March 27, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    A large bounty is put out on Supergirl and aliens from far and near attack National City intent on taking out the woman of steel.

16. hobbyfan

Queen Rhea is another Lillian Luthor. Blinds herself to reality. Only diff is, Rhea was more than willing to kill her own husband to stay blind to reality.

Why have two villains that are just SO similar?

Ok, so the Prez is a shape-changer. Durlan, I think.

Three weeks off before the next episode, which means there are at least 5-6 episodes left. Whee.

17. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Supergirl returns! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Ace Reporter"
    Monday, April 24, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Lena’s ex-boyfriend, Jack Spheer, comes to National City to unveil his big breakthrough in nano-technology, which has the potential to eradicate all diseases.

18. hobbyfan

Ok. Kara apparently is getting her job back. The fact that they didn't amend the opening narrative while she was "fired" should've suggested as much.

Didn't Jack look a bit like Ravi from iZombie? Poor guy gets snookered by a greedy aide, and ends up getting killed off.

And what kind of scam is Rhea looking to run on Lena?

Edit, 4/25/17, 6 pm (ET): Yep, it is "Ravi" as Jack.

#78 hobbyfan, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  19. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

20. hobbyfan

Ok, so now they're mining characters from lesser known books. Not that the Power Company will raise a lot of memories, since that was a short-lived book, but the possibilities remain endless.