1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Supergirl" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 10, 2016.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

All that says is that this wasn't totally planned out the way it was meant to be. Berlanti keeps adding to his plate, and is stretching himself too thin.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ikr? It was basically a ploy to boost ratings for Supergirl. I know a lot of people who hate Supergirl were furious that they had to sit through an episode for no reason.

Also, does it feel a little contrived the way that they managed to save MM from becoming a White Martian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I hope they enjoyed the episode in-spite of that :sweat:.

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Midseason premiere! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Supergirl Lives"
    Monday, January 23, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Kara takes Mon-El with her to the last place Izzy was seen and the duo find themselves thrust through a portal to another planet, Slaver’s Moon, where the downtrodden are sold as slaves.

5. hobbyfan

Didn't take long to bring the Dominators back, did it now? Didn't play a large role, so there may be more to come.

Winn is such a geek, but gets his hero on this time. That, I think, is a work in progress.

I think it won't be long before Kara finds out about Winn's real connection to the Guardian, and then, we can start talking Team Supergirl in similar context to Team Arrow and Team Flash.

In case you haven't heard, all of the DC shows on CW have been renewed already. Whee.

Ian Gomez (Snapper) had been moonlighting in recent weeks, hosting a baking show on ABC. Anyone see that?

Kevin Smith's kid is kinda cute. Will Izzy return at some point?

I was hoping that, with the red sun, Kara would kick the crap out of Roulette, but no. Maybe another day.......

6. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Livewire is breaks out! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "We Can Be Heroes"
    Monday, January 30, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    After Livewire seemingly breaks out of prison, Supergirl is intent on recapturing her.

7. hobbyfan

Who was that goofy mad scientist anyway?

We all knew Kara would eventually find out about Jimmy/Guardian, but it seems a little predictable that it would be with Jimmy unconscious. Then, Kara reams him & Winn out. So soap opera.

8. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Supergirl is on now!

[​IMG]
    "The Martian Chronicles"
    Monday, February 6, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Armek, a White Martian, descends on National City intent on taking M’gann back to Mars to face her punishment as a traitor.

9. hobbyfan

I guess now we're going to get some contrivance that gets Kara vs. Alex in some form every year. This is twice now.

M'Gann will be back. Count on it.

After a cameo on The Flash last week, Eve Tessmacher shows up tonight, back on the arm of Mike (Mon-El)(thought he gave that up). Why do I have lyrics to a certain Don Henley song playing in my head when she's around?

Addendum: Given how they cribbed the title of one of his books, I'm surprised there wasn't a character named after Ray Bradbury.

Since this will be a haven for alien characters, why not add another pair of shape-changers?

#49 hobbyfan, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  10. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Double prison break! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Luthors"
    Monday, February 13, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    After Metallo breaks out of prison and frees Lillian Luthor, the police blame Lena for his escape and arrest her.

11. hobbyfan

That's twice now they've done a fake-out on Lena turning evil. Third time the charm, maybe?

Mxyzptlk? This time, he's not an imp, but rather another CW-ready piece of eye candy for the ladies. Valentine's Day is tomorrow, but the smitten prankster's tale is told next week, another case of poor timing.

12. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

Scheduling can be really annoying for some of the CW shows, especially when they holiday-themed episodes airing too early or late due to date the season started.

I never watched Smallville regularly, but I looked up their vision of Mxyzptlk and really hoped the Supergirl team type-casted Gilbert Gottfried for the role (he would have looked and, obviously, sounded the part). Still, considering his powers, I guess our current version is fine for trying to seduce a romatically conflicted Kara.

Regardless, I liked the episode for going into Lena Luthor's past nd her relationship with her demanding mother (and a surprise guest appearance of a younger Jesse Eisenberg---I mean, Lex). Metallo put up a decent showing throughout, even when he knew he was licked, and the set pieces were pretty good for a TV budget as usual.

13. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

On the other hand, maybe this isn't Mixxy's true appearance.

14. hobbyfan

Which has been done. John Byrne added shape-shifting to Mxy's powers post-Crisis by using him in a parody of Marvel's Beyonder from the original Secret Wars. Maybe this'll be a way to sneak in Verne Troyer as Mxy in his traditional form........

15. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Nice to see Young Lex Luthor on the show.
    And his power suit in the present.

16. hobbyfan

There's hope yet they'll cast an adult Lex, which would be an improvement on Jesse Eisenberg......

17. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Kara has an admirer from the 5th Dimension! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk"
    Monday, February 20, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    When Mr. Mxyzptlk, a magical imp, shows up on Earth and declares his love for Kara, she tries to let him down easy, thinking him harmless.

18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Sexy Mr. Mxyzplk that is incredibly pathetic. Seriously CW's obsession with pretty people only is getting creepy.

19. hobbyfan

Mxyzptlk, as I wrote last week, has been rebooted as a CW-ready piece of eye candy for the ladies. Aside from his random stalking of Kara, he reminded me of Trelane (William Campbell) from the original Star Trek, who also had the powers of a god, but the attitude of a spoiled child. Not sure if Mxy ever encountered Kara in the books. So wasn't digging this version of Mxyzptlk, who's still the same gullible fool, easily tricked into being sent back home.

Ok, let's see now. Winn just picked up a hot alien girlfriend. Kara & Mon-El are back on track for now. J'onn has a long-distance relationship with M'gann. All that's left is to see if/when Lucy returns to patch things up with James. Alex & Maggie seem to be on the same treadmill with Kara & Mon-El in terms of fits & starts.

If this was still on CBS, would we have Alex & Maggie as a couple? Not sure.

Jeremiah (Dean Cain) returns next week. Why do I have this feeling something's wrong?

20. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

A bit late to the topic, but I always knew Alex would come out as an LGBT character, it's expected of Greg Berlanti's production, which more power to it of course, I just hope it doesn't get too repetitive down line; and that they treat the personal trait as an everyday thing.

(I apologize if that comes off as insensitive btw)

Never the less I applaud Alex's coming out, and the talent that went into that episode and this recently updated dynamic to the character.

#60 Troy Troodon, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017