1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Supergirl" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 26, 2015.

?

"Supergirl" - Discuss and rate this all-new DC Comics television series!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

25.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

25.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

I read that Supergirl's second season is a full 22 episodes. I think it will keep the Monday at 8 slot because Monday nights have been a ratings black hole for the CW and if Supergirl pulls anything close to what it did on CBS it would be fantastic by CW standards. And then you have a DC show Monday-Thursday straight across (although I'm sure Legends of Tomorrow will remain a midseason show).

Supergirl will also be getting budget cuts next season. It's moving filming to Vancouver from LA, which will save money and should facilitate more crossovers with the rest of the Arrowverse. However we'll probably see some trimming of the cast too. I'm nervous for Martian Manhunter, we probably won't see him transform much. But he'd be great leading a team on Legends of Tomorrow!

#161 mumbo, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Not sure if CW wants to break up their Monday block, which is why I say look for Supergirl on a new night. I think it moves to Thursdays, coupled with Legends of Tomorrow.

3. hobbyfan

Well, it's official. Supergirl will stay on Mondays, as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend moves to Fridays (The Originals, iZombie, & Reign all start the season on the bench). All that's left is for Riverdale to air on Fridays when it's ready, and then Berlanti will own the 8:00 (ET) hour across the board.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder who would be up for the role. I can't think of a lot of actors I know that might fit the role, to my expectations.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

RIP - DC Live Action Cinematic Universe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We're getting some major additions to the cast:

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/08/supergirl-season-2-adds-lex-luthors-sister-maggie-sawyer-snapper/

New series regulars include Lena Luthor and Nick Farrow.

Other recurring roles include The Doctor, Snapper Carr, and Maggie Sawyer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. hobbyfan

The Science Police is actually something that comes from the future timeline of the Legion of Super Heroes.

I wonder if they're talking to Tom Welling about reprising as Superman.......

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

They went a lot younger than I expected. Well about 8-10 years younger. He's younger than Jimmy too. I'm used to seeing him as the veteran werewolf on Teen Wolf but that's next to high school kids. I don't know if I can picture him as a experienced Superman. This will be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #170 Rick Jones, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say I ever expected someone from Teen Wolf would ever play Superman, but then again I also never expected stars from Glee would end up playing major DC Superheroes :sweat:.

I am a little surprised they didn't go with somebody much older then Benoist, even if Superman's Krytponian physiology means he's likely at a point where he's stopped really aging, though as long as he looks older next to Melissa Benoist and carry a more seasoned and mature vibe, I think he should be fine :).

12. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    #172 TFormersMarvel, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ian Gomez (Cougar Town) will be playing Snapper Carr.

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

He doesn't exactly scream Snapper to me but I guess it's a completely different take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Was there any ComicCon news?

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I forgot about the pod. Mon-El never would have crossed my mind though. It has me wondering if they'll do anything about the Legion tease on one of these shows.

I'm eager to see how season 2 looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. melissaknop

melissaknop New Member

Supergirl - one of the most uneven superhero series in recent years, which, however, is not devoid of great series.

If you objectively, then yes - at the beginning of the show sluggish and boring, but I think that if the first 5 to endure lots, then everything goes. Yes, the show rocked long and that's why he has such low scores - not every stand watching five episodes of mediocre, but it's worth it. Next in the series appear unexpected logical behavior, increased interest in the characters, and the appearance such as Martian Manhunter finally presses you into the seat. Melissa Benoyst looks great as Supergёl, and the extension of the series for a second season, says that not all that much do not like it. The atmosphere is impregnated superhero and watch interesting (6 series), and the music is quite good. Some series may well compete with my favorite "flash", but the truth is only middle of his own.

Yes, the series there are also disadvantages, and quite global. All of the characters is fairly easy to cheat, kryptonite is around every corner, and Superman, who in this universe exists, not in a hurry to help his cousin, even with the threat of her life, but we intentionally did not show his face, and there is a certain feature. Perhaps for this episode mindless whining capped Toby from the third "Spider-Man", because everything here is strongly tied to the secrets, omissions and clarify the relationship.

Entirely I can call "Supergёl" not perfect, but it fit the TV series, ending the season with a bang that made 16-18 series generally excellent, though the overall impression spoiled the first three and partially 4 and 5 series.

8.5 10

P.S. The headmistress Kara is really cool, though, and after a series of 9 had doubts about her sanity.

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

See Tyler Hoechlin as the Man of Steel:

[​IMG]