1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Supergirl" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 26, 2015.

?

"Supergirl" - Discuss and rate this all-new DC Comics television series!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

25.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

25.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

If Superman isn't allowed to have red tights, then Supergirl shouldn't be allowed to have a red skirt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Think I need to see him in a shot without Melissa to judge the suit (she's too distracting). Kind of funny that she's in the classic Superman pose smile he plays backup.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dukect45

Dukect45 Video game junke

Yeah I'm not impressed with the pick for Superman for Supergirl in fact this man looks like a cosplayer taking a picture with Supergirl not superman

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll wait to see the suit in action and Hoechlin's performance before I make any real judgements, but I think it overall looks like a solid adaption of the modern Superman design (ala the New 52 and Man of Steel) on a TV budget :).

Not sure about the hair and how the cape is attached though o_O.

5. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

The people responsible for doing the Photoshop jobs on Flash and Supergirl really need to reconsider their craft (Tyler looks like Robbie Rotten from Lazytown cosplaying as Superman with how bizarre both actors' perspective shots are in the poster) . The set photos of Tyler in the suit look much better (Though a little more muscle mass would have been nice).

Twitter Compliation Gif of Tyler-man's Shirt Ripping

Clark and Kara's Civilian Looks Set Photos

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I'm liking the suit's design and coloring. I like the way the red breaks up the blue without making me miss the trunks. I'm liking seeing the classic shield too. Yeah, he looks a little small for Supes but not bad. He's built like a superhero. Maybe it will film good. I just hope he doesn't have a lot of scenes with Jimmy. Having such a massive guy as Jimmy, you'd kind of have to be a tower of muscle to look like Superman next to him. He looks suitably dorky as Clark. I hope he's not a ridiculous clutz when he's Clark. I wonder if Lucy's his in-law yet.

Without the stubble and with this hair, he looks like young Bruce Campbell to me.

• Like Like x 1
    #186 Rick Jones, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Katie McGrath (Merlin) will be playing Lena Luthor.

EDIT 08/11: More season 2 news:

Chris Wood is playing Mon-El.

Shannon Leal (Private Practice, Grimm) will be playing Miss Martian.

Supergirl and Flash will be crossing over for a two-part musical episode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

A 40 year old Miss Martian ? I really don't get these castings sometimes. I just have to remind myself that it's almost never going to be what I'd expect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To be fair, she doesn't look her age at all ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TFormersMarvel

Don't forget, Metallo (who has connections to General Sam Lane) is going to battle Supes as well. Here's a Twitter video of the episode shooting.

Yes! I was hoping for Miss Martian's appereance on the show, and I don't mind the actress choice. She's still young physical (for stunt work) and appearance-wise (unless they're not going to make Megan a "relative" in this universe, similar to how Ravager wasn't Slade's daughter on Arrow). We're most likely going to have some continuation with the White Martain story line and some conflict with Jonn.

Depending on how well it's handled, the musical episodes could be fun (in a way Steven Universe uses music). Out of genre episodes normally don't happen often within superhero stories (out of fear of fan react or poor execution). Praying Neil Patrick Harris is cast to that the Music Meister can be the villain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, M'gann is probably the perfect character to bring in, both to add another major female hero to the show for Kara to bounce off too, as well as developing J'onn's story :D.

I hope we see the Music Meister in the musical (preferably played by Neil Patrick Harris), but I think there's also a good chance we might see Mr. Mxyzptlk as the villain :cool:.

12. TFormersMarvel

Exactly my thoughts in terms of M'gann's role. Though I'll be on the floor laughing if I see live action Gilbert Gottfried pulling a Bugs Bunny style reveal twist (and probably some off handed joke about Smallville's version).

EDIT: August 13: Kevin Smith is directing an episode called "Supergirl Lives" (if the name rings a bell, think back to that cancelled Tim Burton Superman movie called "Superman Lives", which was going to start Nicholas Cage as the lead. Coincidentally, Smith was working on the script for that movie at the time before butchering mishaps happened).

Not quite a recent, but it's worth noting that Rachel Bloom (lead actress from the Emmy Nominated musical dramedy CW show, Crazy Ex Girlfriend) expressed interest in playing the Music Meister via a tweet.

• Like Like x 1
    #192 TFormersMarvel, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Frederick Schmidt will be playing Metallo.

14. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Always thought he'd be a good secondary villain in a Superman film.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  16. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

The CW's double encores of Supergirl ends tonight starting at 8 p.m. ET (season one finale at 9 ET). The entire first season is also available on Netflix and we'll plan to see you in a brand new thread next week for season two!

[​IMG]
    "Myriad"
    Original airdate: April 11, 2016
    Monday, October 3, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW

Kara must find a way to free her friends when Non (Chris Vance) and Indigo (Laura Vandervoort) use mind control to turn National City’s citizens into their own army.
    "Better Angels" - Season Finale
    Original airdate: April 18, 2016
    Monday, October 3, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS

Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything – including her life – to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet.