1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. BRAWL! Official Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Jan 31, 2008.

1. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

I managed to do it with Captain Falcon, but it took me several weeks of trying to pull it off. I don't know that I could offer any advice...except to get really good at "dodging" with the block button if you want to hope to pull it off. If you don't know about dodging, it's when you hit down on the analog stick (or whatever duck is on your controller setup) while holding the dodge button. This can be done on the ground or in mid-jump and it's an excellent way for projectiles or even entire bosses to pass through you without damaging you.

Also, I studied a couple YouTube videos of Boss Battles that people had uploaded. It made me see new ways to fight some of the bosses.

2. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Charizards Rock Smash is your best bet. Still a Gamble, though.

3. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

I've gotten to Tabuu twice; once with Diddy Kong and once with Wario. I died there both times, but lately I've been trying more with Wario. I've figured out pretty well how to defeat Ridley, Meta-Ridley, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Petey Piranha without even getting hurt; Rayquaza and Porky I can kill, but they usually do some damage; and Duon and Galleom have just been beating the crap out of me. Not to even mention Tabuu himself, of course.

@GWOtaku: That's probably the best advice I'm going to get. I'm sure you'll excuse me for not following it just yet; I'm a couple of tries away, though.

@Game Freak: I heard about Charizard being the best way to go, but I tried it and I just could'nt seem to get it. I never got past three rounds with him.

@Mookie: Dodging, huh? I actually have been working at that... the harest thing for me is the timing, but I think I'm getting better at it. Don't you actually have to know how to to beat Tabuu?

4. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

DK's down special move eats away at bosses on the ground pretty nicely, though the airborne ones are the real challenge.

5. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

Charizard's Rock Smash + dodging + a little bit of luck. Rock Smash eats bosses for breakfast if you hit it right, enough said there. It takes time, but if you can learn the bosses patterns, dodging becomes a heck of a lot easier. Luck comes when you have the right order of bosses. Yes order matters, because the later the boss comes, the harder it is to take them down. Basically, hope you get the harder bosses earlier and the easier bosses later. From there, it's all about kicking ass and taking names. Good luck!

6. Mistah K88

Mistah K88 Member

SO...does anyone have any small nitpicks with this game? Basically things that don't really ruin the game at all, but would have made it better had things been a bit different.

A majority of the trophies came from the Wii/DS/GC era. So it was a bit underwhelming that they couldn't just dig deeeper than the surface into Nintendo's history when it comes to trophies. It was a blast in Melee to see some characters appear in 3-D for the first time ever and learn something about them through the trophies...

However I have to admit that they did do a good job with some characters that were shafted in the previous game; like DK for example (although Kaptain K. Rool being King K. Rool's brother instead of a costume was some bad info [and may konfuse the kiddies]).
    In the long run I would gladly throw out some of the Pokemon trophies and even a few Mario trophies for some Wario (Land series, World, Ware), Yoshi (Island series and Story), Earthbound, and Kid Icarus trophies. Plus...the doubles didn't really help much (Mario and Strikers Mario, Fox and Assault Fox, etc)

Another thing that was a minor disappointment are the original enemies AND bosses in Subspace. One or the other would have been fine, but both was pushing it. Porky, Ridley, Raquaza, and Petey were a delight to see. However on the enemy side all we have are Mario drones...Why have that motorcycle thing when we could have a Wheelie from the Kirby series?

That is about all I could name. SO anything...anyone?

7. SNS

SNS "I am..."

Anyone noticed they changed the notice on the website recently (I noticed it yesterday)? It now says