1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. BRAWL! Official Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Jan 31, 2008.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I actually pulled off the Tabuu boss trophy. Hooray.

Insane mode boss battles still drives me crazy, though. The hassle just isn't worth it.

2. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

Since everybody's doing it (or at least was) I figure I'll share my thoughts on who and what should be in the next Smash game.

Who I'd like to see return:

Everyone. Seriously. I love the roster in Brawl and wouldn't want to see anyone go. Even Pit, who I despise, can return if they rework him to not be such a cheap, spammy, and annoying character.

Who I'd like to see return from Melee:
    Mewtwo - Yeah, he sucked, but so did half the roster in Melee. There was no reason Mewtwo should have been cut in the first place. He's a unique character with his own moveset. And people who say Lucario is the new Mewtwo need to stop because, aside from the standard B attack, each of them played quite differently.

Mewtwo is really the only missing Melee character I want to return.

Who I'd like to see added:
    Krystal - She has a pretty large fanbase. Plus, with that staff, she'd have a pretty unique moveset.

Kumatora - From Mother 3. Why? She's awesome, that's why.

King K. Rool - Smash could use a few more playable baddies and King K. Rool seems like he would be a logical choice.

Ridley - There are arguments made that he's "too big", but they could rework him, I think. If there are any other playable Metroid characters, Ridley has got to be it.

Animal Crossing Rep - People can say Animal Crossing characters wouldn't make sense to be in a fighting game until they're blue in the face. We're talking about a game where Pikachu can beat the hell out of Solid Snake in Luigi's Mansion. What DOES make sense in this game? Animal Crossing has become a major Nintendo franchise and should be treated as such.

Third parties I'd like to see:

Geno - I don't know whether to consider him third party or not anymore, but either way, I want him in the next game. I was really pushing for him in Brawl, but alas, nothing came out of that. He didn't even get a damn sticker.

Travis Touchdown - Travis would give Captain Falcon a run for his money as the most badass character of Smash Bros.

Mega Man - Capcom was more than willing but Nintendo didn't ask. Mega Man would be perfect.

Assist Trophies? Sure, why not?!:
    Midna - She'd trap everyone in her force field thingy and fly around the stage smashing into everyone.

Elite Beat Agents - The agents appear and begin to dance to the beat of the music playing giving your character great strength for a short period.

Mallow - He could use HP rain and bring your damage down a bit.

Poo - He could take the form of you and fight along side you for a few seconds.

Flint - From Mother 3. He would just start beating your foes with a stick because he's that badass. He would be cool to have playble too, but I'm not sure the game could handle such a badass character being playable.

Fassad/Yokuba - Also from Mother 3. He would press a button on his little remote and all of your enemies would get a shock as he just laughs like "Nwehehehehehehehehe!" That's one "nwe" and eight "hes".

I'll post some more stuff later, such as stages and things I'd like to see improved upon.

3. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Why not Super Smash bros Arena? Sure no DS style name but it has the point in there.

By the way, am I the only one itching for a tournament or some more online battles? I have not touched brawl in ages..

4. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I still pop Brawl in from time to time. It's still loads of fun.

For the next game, I believe I already posted my wishlist, but I think Little Mac is definitely in now that Punch Out is coming out for the Wii. He deserves the upgrade from Assist trophy, just like Saki from Sin & Punishment does.

Hopefully Ninten in altered form appears in the next Smash (in honor of the Mother 1 DS remake, of course.*) with the 4th D-slip and physical attacks instead of only PSI based moves.

Also, nerf Metaknight and either buff everyone else or leave them alone. Nobody else needs to be nerfed at all other than him.

*No it has not been announced but I wish it was.

5. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I haven't really touched my Wii console since becoming a bit annoyed with its 'Trendy fad at the expense of quality games for longtime gamers' attitude. Brawl is a good game but it's one amongst a very few.

6. Eddy

Oh, right, Little Mac! I forgot to put him on my list. I was really pushing for him too. He better be in the next game!

As for Ninten, I don't see him making an appearance as a playable character since he looks so similar to Ness. Now, why Ninten wasn't made into an alternate costume for Ness is beyond me.

7. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

I fully support the inclusion of alternate costumes as long as it allows more characters to be in the game. Obvious clone characters could be included the same way the Wario alternate outfit was included, so they don't waste a space in the roster but give fans of that character the chance to play as said character.

Example: Daisy could be included as an alternate Peach. She has the exact same moveset with only SLIGHT differences (Such as, say, pulling out carrots instead of turnips), she has Daisy's voice (and maybe different taunts and winning poses), and she appears as "Daisy" in the scoreboard. The Daisy fans are happy because they can play as Daisy, and the "No clones" people are happy because she's not wasting a spot in the roster.

Obviously, they can add lots of characters this way:

Mario - Dr. Mario (And I wonder why they didn't do this in Brawl in the first place)
    Luigi
    - Mr. L
    Peach - Daisy
    Bowser - Dry Bowser
    Donkey Kong - Funky Kong
    Yoshi - Birdo (This one would probably require quite a few tweaks, but I'm sure Birdo can pull off Yoshi's moveset)
    Wario - Already has his classic outfit alternate)
    Link - Either Ocarina of Time Link or the Ordon Village Link from the beginning of Twilight Princess
    Zelda - One that resembles the Zelda from the past games, like Link to the Past Zelda
    Toon Link - One that resembles the original Link from the first LoZ
    Samus - Not a big Samus follower, but she has various alternate armors so it could be one of those
    Olimar - Louie
    Fox, Falco and Wolf - Their respective outfits from SF: Assault
    Pikachu - Pichu
    Pokemon Trainer - The pokemons would stay the same, but the Trainer could have a female alternate
    Marth - Roy
    Ike - His version from Radiant Dawn
    Ness - Ninten
    Lucas - Claus
    Snake - Older Snake from MGS4
    Sonic - Shadow

Obviously not everyone can have an alternate costume due to some characters being very unique (like Mr. G&W), but this is something I hope gets considered for the next game.

I also have ideas for characters to be included in the next game and their respective alternates, but I'll save that to post later on.

8. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Yeah, I like that idea. I was annoyed that the Claus costume Lucas has is still called "Lucas"...

... Kinda ruins the point of using the costume.

9. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I thought that was more fanservice giving Lucas his brother getup. But yeah that is a nice feature to have clone character be alt costumes for certain characters. I would like to see Agent J or Ryuuta. They could fit that bill as well. Make Ryuuta the default character in the Japanese version, and Agent J in the other version where EBA is well known.

10. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

One thing I need to say.....PUT ISAAC IN! There was some little bits of Golden Sun stuff in Brawl, but not enough. He would be an excellent character.

My other pet favorite series Fire Emblem got treated quite well in Brawl, so no complaints but I wouldn't mind more. Sigurd deserves in, supposedly, but I'd rather have the slot open to a brand new FE Lord, whoever that'll be.

Now that Starfy is coming out in the US, maybe his chances will be pretty good. Oh that's right, Sin and Punishment 2. Either Saki or the new protagonist (Saki's son, according to rumor) should get put in, but right now I'm hoping for Saki. And while were at it, there the new Punch Out, too. So Little Mac....

I'll be here all night at this rate. =P

11. Eddy

I don't mind Peach still being Peach in the Daisy costume or Lucas still being Lucas when dressed as Claus. Those costumes are really there for fanservice more than anything.

12. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I booted up Brawl for the first time in many, many months the other day, and was beaten quite badly.

13. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

I booted it up for the first time in a while yesterday, and kicked ass. Which is odd, 'cause I used to suck...:confused:

Anyway, NEW SMASH ROSTER:

All Brawl Characters
    Boy & his Blob
    Krystal
    Ridley
    King K. Rool
    Tingle
    MegaMan
    Banjo-Kazooie (I can dream...)
    Sora (I can still dream...)
    Mewtwo (I liked him)
    Meowth (He was supposed to be in the first game, along with Pit, DeDeDe, Peach, & Bowser. Now he's the only one that hasn't got in)
    Fawful

14. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Ummm Lucario replaced Mewtwo did he not.

15. Eddy

Just because Lucario has a similar body structure to Mewtwo and they both happen to be Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean Lucario replaced him. The two play actually quite differently.

Also, after hackers dug around in the game, it was discovered Mewtwo was intended to be in the game. They found his victory music, his wire frame, among other things. They planned to bring Mewtwo back, but scrapped him last minute. Other scrapped character data they found on the disc includes Roy, Dr. Mario, Plusle, Minun, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, Dixie Kong, and I think a few more. But Mewtwo was the most complete.

16. Noah The Rex

Noah The Rex Member

Ok I have a question! :)

How come when you play adventure mode on Brawl, there are like 50 save files when you could techinically play the entire game on just one file? Also, is there anyway to delete the files you may have doubles of?

17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

18. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Okay, I joined. I made one for general gaming if anyone's interested.

http://forums.toonzone.net/group.php?groupid=14

And Noah, I believe all those save files are spots that are free in your Wii's memory. Although, it's not like anyone will need that many.

19. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

O.K., I'm reviving this this thread as I'm in desperate need of some help...

Somebody tell me how to beat Boss Mode on Intense before I destroy my Wii.

20. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Don't bother. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I gave it a shot for awhile, but it's far too cheap. One wrong hit and you're done.