1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Speculation and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dudley, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

What do you guys think are the chances of GameStop having any copies left tomorrow around midday? I pre-odered the game, but from what they told me they don't seem to actually hold it...you just pay early... :confused:

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

You're probably fine but the sooner you get there, the better. But this sounds a bit silly of them. If you preordered fairly well in advance, there's no excuse for them to not have a copy. My store told me that only preorders were a sure thing, which makes sense. If I were to be told a preorder of mine is unavailable when I paid for it in full three months in advance, that store would lose my business for good. Some Gamestop employees don't know much I suppose, don't allow for BS and don't take no for an answer.

Maybe that's true for any Wii game in general, but there's a select list of Wii games that qualify for the two game trade-in for $10 Brawl. Whoever you talked to obviously wasn't up to date on the promotion. Of course, most of the games that qualify are first-rate titles a lot of people wouldn't be very eager to get rid of...

3. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Truth be told Otaku, I ran into this. Like when FFXII was released. And I was like "what the heck?" Like when my pre-order of FFXII came in. Some of the GameStop employees joked and said they didn't have it ^^;.

4. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

Nevermind. The employee was clueless to the deal.

My Wii is at college, but I have the game. And in line I had to listen to some kid talk about Earthbound being compared to Revelations, dubbed anime being made of suck, argue the correct pronounciation of Ryu, and every other cliche uber-nerd argument conceivable under the sun. What a hilariously torturous experience.

5. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

Well, I have Brawl in my possession.

I got off work at about 12:14 AM, and ran upstairs to the street to a GameStop on the next block. I had found out earlier they were having a midnight launch, following up the tournament being held earlier in the day.

I was about the 25th person in line, and I got a copy no problem.

Well, see you guys next year.

6. Tash

Tash Active Member

They should be holding them for 48. >_>

7. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

I've been hearing horror stories all over the internet about people whose Wiis are having trouble reading the game disc.

Please don't happen to me.

I'm so scared right now.

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hmph, likely overblown internet rumor.

Meanwhile, Gamespot's review is up. They also gave Brawl a 9.5 score.

9. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

Yes, I got Brawl.

Yes, it's amazing.

Yes, I want to go back to playing it right freaking now. I'm just taking a food break. :sweat:

I won two matches in the tournament, but lost on the third. As I thought, Ike was a great choice. It just so happens that I lost to another Ike. Go figure.

Friend Code:1075-0383-4852

10. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

not a fan of the unresponsive controls as compared to melee

something to get used to, i guess. otherwise not too shabby so far

11. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Oh God, I spent four hours having fun at GameCrazy just playing Melee with other guys then I had to wait 2 hours in line for a game I already had preordered. As soon as I got home I put in my disc and....an "unable to read disc" message came out. I just sat there stunned and figured maybe it's just a fluke. I try again, I place the Wii sideways and layed out, no matter what I did the same message came up.

I can't believe I got a defective disc and I can't do a damn thing until Thursday, and even then I'm not guranteed to get a replacement copy. I feel so angry right now.

12. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I haven't had any issues with my game disc thus far.

At the GameStop I went to for the midnight launch, the majority of people on line were picking up their preorders.

However, for the people who DIDN'T preorder (like me), they allowed you to make a "reservation" on the spot, and then "completed" your "reservation" by giving you a preorder copy. Heh, devious.

Also, they were giving away free gift cards with $5 on them for anyone who could answer a stupid Nintendo trivia question. My question was: "What does Princess Peach do at the beginning of every Mario game?"

I won.

13. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

What felt like years is finally here.:sweat:

14. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

My friends and I picked it up at midnight and have been having a blast ever since. It really does take some getting used to after playing melee for so long.

15. peacebyanymeans

peacebyanymeans HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE

I got Brawl this morning. :)

16. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

You know, given how long and practically unreadable this thread is, maybe it'd be a good idea to make a separate talkback now that people actually have the game.

17. nachonaco

nachonaco TRN: The Real Naco

Anyone feel like starting a league so we can have a tournament of our own? :p

18. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Nintendo Power actually gave this game a perfect score of 10. As rare as that is, I still have no desire to own a copy. I'd play it if given the chance, however.

19. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

it's been a crazy run, ladies and gents. to avoid any confusion, i'd now like to move all discussion to the official talkback thread. may we always keep the longest thread ever on toon zone in our hearts and minds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.