1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Speculation and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dudley, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I have to wait til I get my ID renewed in order to get it (Gamestop's limited special offer of getting Brawl for $10 if you trade in two Wii games.).

2. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

3. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Well, the offer only last's this week. Starting with tomorrow's big Brawl release.

4. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

I am more than a little agitated that they cut out HALF of the Mother/EarthBound songs in the game. Ballad of the Windfish and the Mario RPG forest song, I could take or leave (Sorry Zelda fans)

5. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

6. River26

Also there's been a slight Brawl update.

This is a record of how many times you've brawled or what character you've used etc...

Original article can be reached here

7. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

Looks about the same as in Melee; hopefully the individual records screens are back, though why wouldn't they?

8. LordTerminal

Star Fox Conversations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuS-o-TAZc

Since Krystal is using her Assault actress, she's pretty much the same.

Peppy, dear god whoever's voicing him can't act. Panther's not very much better. Leon's okay though.

9. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Yeah, but where did the rest of Wolf's team go? Where's Pigmar and Andrew? It's too bad they couldn't get the original N64 voices back, because their acting overall was so much better.

10. River26

^^; Indeed, Peppy fails in comparison to Slippy, Fox, Wolf & Falco.

11. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

Yeah well, they're lucky they got Snake's and Sonic's current VAs, instead of having to look in-house.

He sucked in Melee too; I think it's a Super Smash Bros. tradition.

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Since the first one was posted here, I thought the Sequal to Smash Kingdom, "Smash Kingdom Melee" should post here as well.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/428847

I'm not sure if it's better then the first but a lot of great scenes (espically anything involving the villans confrence. Charizard taking out the trainer, Snake taking out a curious donkey kong, Stage Builder uh once again showing what happens when you let immature kids put down what they want to fight on, Roy wanting to Nuke the site and Olimar's Pikmin Tarzan yell). Alvin Earthworm (Super Mario Z creator) even helps create the sequal to the Mario/Sonic fight from the first one, with some special surprise guests.

Oh and a couple of easter eggs. One is what happens when you put people like Rob in over Geno and Megaman. I should also say Japan wasn't harmed in the making of this video. Let's wait until after Brawl is offically released for that if you're still angry on your favorite not getting in.:D

13. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

So, is anyone else giving Melee one last play before Brawl? This whole day I've been beating the one player modes, Classic with the original dozen, Adventure with the original new comers, and All-Star with the clones. I'll mute my TV and turn off the color when I play as Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, & Dr. Mario out of respect for the deconfirmed.

14. SNS

SNS "I am..."

Yeah I have been doing that & also trying to beat Event Mode again, the last & only time I beat all of it was when the game was new. I gave up though when it got too frustrating (I hope the difficulty levels in Brawl help make it less frustrating).

15. thenewme93

thenewme93 Active Member

Man I just can't wait 'till my pre-ordered Brawl comes in so I can destroy me best friends w/ Marth

16. staticblue

staticblue Active Member

Been playing Melee all this past week, trying to work the kinks out and be ready for Brawl. Too bad My Gamestop wont be open tonight. They will be opening early tomorrow though so i should have it then. I cant wait!

17. LordTerminal

Never played a Star Fox beyond 64/Adventures have you?
    Play Star Fox Assault. That'll answer everything.

Damn, not only did Ganondorf diss King K. Rool but Kid Icarus as well. And did the guys who wrote the script even know that Dedede isn't with the Subspace Army? (Or what the Ancient Minister looked like under the cloak?)

#6377 LordTerminal, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  18. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

I think I misunderstood the "get brawl for ten bucks" deal you guys keep mentioning. I called gamestop and they're telling me each Wii game I trade in bumps the price down by ten dollars, not the 2 Wii games= 10 dollar SSBB as I've been hearing.

19. SAMaine

SAMaine Member

They didn't want to get the Starfox 64 VAs otherwise we would've gotten a secret taunt with WOLF on Corneria as well that was time period appropiate.

20. River26

From my GameStop. That deal still stays, I dunno what kind of info other GameStop stores has been telling you. But the main idea is that you can trade in two Wii used games (which comes from the main GS site and at least Lynnwood, WA's GameStop).

But if you also want the guide to go along with it, with the trade in of additional games. This will be drastically less than $9.99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.