1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Speculation and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dudley, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From IGN:
    I'm pretty dang excited. Only 2 days left!

2. SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip Resident Superhero

Monday is also a special Nintendo Gamers' Day.
    We should expect several new announcements then.

3. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

My guesses/hopes for big announcements on Monday:

-release dates and trailers for Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    -complete list of Brawl characters
    -trailers for Project HAMMER and Disaster: Day of Crisis
    -American release date for Fire Emblem

4. Wussycat

Wussycat Active Member

Sonic had better be in this!

5. YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon Active Member

He probably will be in it.

6. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

Sweet! I can't wait!

Just to have a running discussion of sorts...any last predictions?

I've got two characters that I've been reaaallly hoping for: Ike and Isaac. Ike is the easier sell, considering he's the first popular "international" main Fire Emblem character. He's more popular than any of the GBA lords in Japan, so I expect he will be in it. Isaac...obviously a different story. Nintendo might have forgotten about the Golden Sun series by now, especially considering it's been a few years since anything has happened in regards to it. Still, it was popular back in the day.

I'm also hoping for Geno, but who the hell knows about anything in regards to SMRPG. Lucario is all but confirmed, since he's got more than enough popularity, status, and moves to make the cut.

7. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

As bizarre as this may sound--and no I am not trying to be a crazed fangirl again but...I truly hope Phoenix Wright is nowhere to be seen in the list. (The fan specualation haunts me even if its bogus...)

Otherwise I'm really excited. Makes Monday something to look foward to for a change.:sweat:

8. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Revolver Ocelot would be insanely awesome complete with his MGS3 taunt.

9. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

you don't look forward to mondays for the virtual console releases? that's the only reason i look forward to mondays and then i see what nintendo released and then i shrug and don't buy anything and then i go about my day

10. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I do hope that we get an offical annoucement of the release date/roster of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, probably the most anticpated Wii game of 2007 (well perhaps Super Mario Galaxy but if SSBB sells like SSMB then that is going to be the top game for the Wii). I'm sure there are at least a few characters who offically need to be announced (and not jsut the ones that were in SSMB that haven't been mentioned being in Brawl yet) and when to buy it and such.

11. RogueFanKC

RogueFanKC Eulalia!

Hoping for some characters to make the cut

Well, for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I really do wish for several characters to make the cut (I won't list Sonic since it seems pretty obvious that the only way the Nintendo people won't have him included is either a big legal battle or brain-damage):

1.) Falco from "Star Fox" - my favorite character to use in SSBM, and if he's here in this one, I'm happy
    2.) Firebrand - he's the Capcom red demon character from the "Ghost n' Goblins" video games on NES and from the "Demon's Crest" video game on SNES. I think he acutally could have some interesting moves since he's not a typical humanoid fighter and thus, he would have some unique attacks with his claws and wings
    3.) Mega-Man - classic Nintendo icon; how could he not be a canidate?
    4.) Simon Belmont from the "Castlevania" series - whip, knife, holy water and boomerang, he could actually be a skilled fighter with good range attacks and with his own arsenal. And he's a vampire slayer, so how can he not rock?

And this last wish would be completely unattainable, having zero-chance of making it but...
    5.) A Marvel/DC character - c'mon, Captain America beating the snot out of Bowser and Batman punching Solid Snake? Tell me I'm not the only one! :D

12. YoshiAngemon

As reasonable as they all sound, if Simon Belmont AND MegaMan make the cut, then maybe along with Pit and Samus, they should put in a Special Exception Character - Kevin Keene, better known as Captain N: The Game Master! And he oughta be an unlockable after a Special Event called "Meet the N Team," where you fight MegaMan, Pit, Simon Belmont, Samus, then Captain N himself! Wouldn't that be a great concept? As for Captain America, though, he'd probably have the Shield Slash, Charging Star, and Stars & Stripes attack.

13. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I'm surprised noone listed Bomberman.

14. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Actually, instead of Kevin Keene, I could see them adding Little Mac in his place.

While on that note, I'd also like to see King Hippo or (more preferably) Eggplant Wizard as playable characters.

15. YoshiAngemon

Kind of ironic, since Kevin WAS playing Punch-Out before he got sent to VideoLand. As for Pit, I just hope he can use a Patriot Arrow, even though that would be a long shot!

16. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

I can't wait for the site relaunch. I too hope we get a complete fighter list, or at least a decent number of fighters revealed.

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sheesh, people. How about some actual Nintendo owned characters? We all know they'll only have 3 3rd party characters, Snake has been confirmed, and Sonic's a sure fire hit, but the third character should be someone who's almost synonymous with Nintendo. I don't know many of those, but maybe it'll be Megaman....

Anyhoo, I want Lucario, Blaziken, and Diddy Kong to be in the game. I also want Ice Climbers, Falco, and Mr. Game and Watch to come back.
    And get rid of Pichu.

18. YoshiAngemon

You'd think that Pichu would work as only a PokéBall Pokémon, who would just use a powerful Spark Attack within a small radius of where it pops up, ala Raikou.

19. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

Definitly Lucario. Smash needs another Pokemon full of ownage like Mewtwo. (Huh...Lucario versus Mewtwo? That would be awesome.) And I also agree on not having Pichu in the line up. He took damage for all his electric attacks.:ack:

Now, Raichu on the other hand... *shot*

20. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

From what I heard, Midnight in Japan is 11 am EST for the US. It will most likely be open by that time tomorrow.

Luckily, that's around the time that I have a Computer class at school, so I'll be able to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.