"Super NES Classic Edition" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mandouga, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Oh, my God! I waited in line for an hour and half outside Toys R Us before it opened to get my SNES! I HAVE to do that again! That was SO much fun meeting new people with similar interests to me. I don't do that very often. What a great experience. And I was 5th in line and got my SNES Classic with no problems at all.

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

This morning was a pretty busy one, with my mother and I going to the various stores (Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Gamestop) to fulfill the minimum amount of system pick-ups we needed to do (with me also getting a wireless controller when picking up the system at Gamestop).

The only real place where I had to wait for a period of time was Wal-Mart (half-hour wait for the store to open; plus another half-hour thanks to the head of the electronics department being a "power hungry" type who felt that customers would have to wait for her to show up before they could get the systems, although another member of the department did show up at 6:30 and got the systems that people were lining up for), while the Gamestop that I picked up the system at was having credit card problems (thankfully, the system was paid for around the time Gamestop started taking pre-orders of the system).

3. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

So how many SNES Classics did you get today? Two?

My Best Buy order arrived today. The order I placed for one at GameStop also came through. When I was there to preorder, I thought they were just going to take ten preorders that day. It turned out that they took eighteen. They got twelve extra units for walk-ins. So that's thirty units total. Now that one was for this lady from my job who was also interested and asked me to keep her posted. So I made the preorder at GameStop with her in mind. I totally made her day when I came in with it for her today.

4. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Think five systems (or six, if you include one that my mother picked up for someone that was originally ahead of us in line, but had to leave due to having to be at work by 7:00AM).

5. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I was able to get one as well. It's really great that Star Fox and Yoshi's Island are available again.

6. Storm Eagle

Those games have always been available for me. :)

I'm mainly interested in Star Fox 2, but I'll give some of the other games a go as well. I wonder if I'm going to be kicking myself for not getting to try them out in the 90s.

7. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

You know what I mean...

8. Storm Eagle

I was just messing around.

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

So....any word on when the next shipment is coming in?

10. Storm Eagle

I'd suggest following Twitter sites like NinMobileNews and NintenDeal. You can also try brickseek.com.

11. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I managed to get my Mini SNES last Saturday and set it up right next to my Mini NES. Didn't have much time to play this week, but I managed to start things off with yet another Super Mario World 96-exit run.

12. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

As someone who has never played NES games, I get a rush of nostalgia playing this.

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I used a site called nowinstock.net to keep track of when SNES stock would arrive. It helped me so I was able to order it from the Best Buy website during the brief time orders went live. I can't recommend this site enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Storm Eagle