1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Super Bowl Past-Blast: 1992" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Super Bowl Past-Blast: 1992

I remember where I was for this one....at my dad's house, eating microwave french toast for lunch. Because why not?

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Videos #1-4, 6, and 10-11 are already marked private. :(

3. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

It should be noted that Tom Kane did the VO for the Exxon ad- he voiced HOMER in the 90's Iron Man series, Mr. Herriman, and the narrator from the CGI Clone Wars series.

4. Dsneybuf

I know him best as Professor Utonium, HIM, and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes incarnation of Ultron.

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

That was me. I thought you could make a video private and still embed it. I figured if I started making the videos private it would lessen the chance of YouTube deleting them with no warning.

I tested it out on this page and no one reported any problems. The second video is still private; doesn't it work?

6. Dsneybuf

Those videos work for me. The ones in the latest article also show up for me now, I guess I just clicked it before they finished processing.:sweat:

EDIT: Oh, I realized afterward that the Super Bowl ads became marked "Public", but I still wonder if they just didn't finish processing yet when I visited the page.

7. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

From Super Bowl 18:
    [video=youtube;4KwaMobltGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KwaMobltGc[/video]

8. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Utterly forgettable Super Bowl. Probably the least remarkable of the Buffalo Faildrilogy.

9. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

The Dan and Dave ads are the ones that set this in its time.

The Bud ad is kind of cool. Video editing wasn't what it is today. Taking clip art of real plays and making stop motions was a good quick gimmick. It's actually more interesting then if it was full video of a game superimposed over the bar.

That must have been about the end of the cola wars. It seemed like there were ten times as many ads for pop back then. The Ray Charles uh-huh ads were a big hit and If they were still pushing as hard as they were back then they would bring him back with computer animation for him to keep doing them.

There are so many ad wars. The next one to dominate the air waves was the long distance wars.