1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer of Sequels

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by James Harvey, May 3, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

This summer has been unofficially dubbed the summer of sequels. What do you think of al the sequels we'll be getting. Some of the upcoming sequels we'll be getting are THE MUMMY RETURNS, JURASSIC PARK 3, RUSH HOUR 2, AMERICAN PIE 2, and more. Comments?

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Master of the Force

You forgot one more:

Scary Movie II

This summer does seem to be heavy on sequels, and right now, I'm just hoping they can live up to the originals. I plan to see all of them, but the ones I'm most interested in are Rush Hour 2 and American Pie 2. Those movies were just awesome. This summer is gonna rock!

3. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

All I want is The Mummy, and for it to be as excellent and amazing as the first one. So far I think that might just happen for us, from what I've seen.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about "American Pie 2". I might throw up, I might answer the doorbell ring one day to a bunch of athiests saying, "toldya so!" I dunno....well, I'm hoping it won't be THAT severe. As far as crude humor goes, I feel the American Pie stuff is worse than the Tom Green variety.

Jon Stewart's right, we get a new damn teens gotta get laid movie every week. And now the original ones are being impregnated to create sequals. I think the only one I ever liked was "Can't Hardly Wait."

4. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

A little to the left...

Sorry to go a little off topic here, but I can't resist....

Can't Hardly Wait ruled!!!

There was only one character that wanted to get laid, by the way. Kenny.

Oh, I watch that movie once every few months. It never gets old. I think that it was a great teen flick. I've always enjoyed it, even though when I first saw previews for it I thought it would suck.

Oh, and I'm definately gonna see American Pie 2.

5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Erf. You're right, DG, the movie schedule is clogged with sequels... and don't forget remakes! Planet of the Apes, Rollerball, etc. Man. I'm looking forward to Planet of the Apes (love that Tim Burton) and Jurassic Park III (I know it'll be cheesy and formulaic, but doggone it, I'm a sucker for dinosaurs), but still....

I mourn originality.

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Dinos & stuff!

Same here. I'm a sucker for Dinosaurs. I even bought the COLLECTOR'S EDITION of DINOSAUR, which is actually a damn fine movie. JURASSIC PARK 3 I think will kick some ass. I can't wait for PLANET OF THE APES. I just can't friggin' wait for that movie. ROLLERBALL? Eh? I'm a sucker for (good) action/adventures, dinos, aliens (some). As long as they're handled good, I'm there.