1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 22, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A "Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay" animated movie was announced for 2018 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
    Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
    Comments?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

I can't wait until the lineup is announced! I just hope it's not a direct rip of the movie's lineup. King Shark or bust!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. juan1193

juan1193 Member

Is this the only one set in continuity with the other films next year? Seems like it. It's also the only one I'm interested in!

My lineup:

-Harley Quinn
    -Deadshot
    -El Diablo
    -Killer Frost
    -Bronze Tiger
    -Katana
    -Bane/Killer Croc/King Shark
    -Expendable Villain

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bestmand902

• Like Like x 2
  5. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

We don't know that yet. The Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen two-parter could be folded into this continuity in the same manner as was The Judas Contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I think the fact that they specifically noted the shared continuity for this movie and not the other three implies that this might be the one and only next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another Suicide Squad movie (and one not tied directly to Batman) should be fun, and not all that surprising given how much of a hot property the Squad has become as of late :cool:.

Given this is confirmed to be in-continuity, I imagine we're going to be getting a lot of character debuts in this film, with most likely Amanda Waller and Rick Flag showing up, though I'm definitely curious to see who fills out the Squad roster :ack:.

Will it be completely original or harken towards the movie team? I imagine Harley, Captain Boomerang, and Deadshot will probably be locks for the team though ;).

Also curious to see what kind of mission the Squad will be sent on...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Yes, but not with any certainty. It might still go either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I was not expecting this announcement. I can't help but wonder when this project initially got underway. Was it before the live action movie was released? If so, I can see this done in expectation to build off the projected success of the major motion picture. Of course, now SS is looked as one of the critical flops that Wonder Woman had to bail out. Either way, it feels like WB is doubling down on these guys.

Which brings me to my next point... we just had a SS movie a few years back, and we're getting a new one already? I get that the movie, success or not, increased the profile of the SS, but if these animated movies were made under a bubble in which anything goes and new ideas got preference, I don't think there's anyway way they make another SS movie so soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Jason O'Mara's Batman will show up in this movie? Particularly given they tend to associate the Suicide Squad with Batman (Assault on Arkham, his publicized cameos in the live-action movie) :).

I wouldn't be surprised if they use flashbacks to establish the Squad like in the other SS movies, and if Harley and Deadshot are in it then it's likely we'd see Batman in that to some degree. We might even finally see the proper debut of this universes Joker :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bestmand902

It's probably very unlikely, but I really hope this shared universe's Joker is voiced by Glenn Howerton from It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia. I've always thought he'd make a fantastic Joker

• Like Like x 2
    #11 Bestmand902, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, I'd raaaaaather not see Batman or Joker in it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the former did like they did...like with Justice League vs. Teen Titans or Justice League Dark. In any case, it should be informing to see a bit of the government's POV in this canon. There was a little of it in War. But to see how they've adapted to developments since then, such as forming a Suicide Squad because conventional warfare like with Sam Lane's deployment in Throne of Atlantis was pretty useless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Harley Quinn and possibly Deadshot have the best chances of appearing in this movie. It would be nice if they brought back some of the guys from Bad Blood (if any of them survived - I can't recall off-hand :p).

It's pretty cool they're adding more and more characters and teams to this continuity,

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And let's not forget about Captain Boomerang ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just hoping Deadshot and Harley's screen time is better balanced than Assault on Arkham and the live action movie.

• Agree Agree x 1