1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Suicide Squad" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Cortez2301, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaphanie01

steaphanie01 New Member

Got some bad and good stuff in the movie.. and too many bad stuff on Rotten Tomatoes and other critic sites.. If your a comic fan so far the movie sure is different (a long way). Suicide squad is good in some point.

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

More details of Suicide Squad's troubled production have come to light.

So, from the sounds of it, there was a lot of pressure put on the movie to makeup for BvS' failures and to makes sure the movie hits its deadline. Warner Bros. executives also became very involved with the production, apparently almost to the same degree as Fox on Fant4stic.

The movie being released to the public seems to be the WB cut of Suicide Squad, while the film that was shown to test audiences was Ayer's version, which was actually better received. Kinda similar to the edited theatrical cut of BvS compared to the Ultimate Edition.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This almost reminds me of the Fantastic Four drama. But I do hope that this doesn't start becoming a thing, where we get the "bad" version in theaters, only for WB to release the "good" version on Blu-ray.

Also, after WB's talk of a more "creator driven" cinematic universe, it's kinda ironic that all this happened, and maybe even paints them as hypocritical.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

We can all blame Zack Snyder for all this if he made a good movie in Batman v Superman.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, if you go by reactions, the Ultimate Edition, Snyder's intended vision, was far better then the theatrical cut that Warner bros. had a hand in. So, really, I think it's starting to look like Warner Bros. is a bigger issue with the DCEU then Snyder :sweat:.

I mean, I'm not Snyder's biggest fan or anything, but I'd rather give him a fair shake if it's not really his vision or what he wanted to show audiences that's released in theaters. Same with David Ayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Expect the official Suicide Squad talkback to be posted up tonight at 10pm (ET), barring any complications.

Edit: Talkback up, thread closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.