Stuff in cartoons that pissed you off....

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Gothic Dazrael, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Gothic Dazrael

Gothic Dazrael Poor, lonely Ace...

Here are some good examples...

• The Bendy episode of FHFIF.
    • Trix comercials. Period...
    • Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Friendship Day. Jimmy.
    • Most "Feminists" episodes.

Name some of yours... :raven:

2. judyindisguise

judyindisguise New Member

Hey, I liked the "Bendy" episode!

And I don't mind the Trix commercials nearly as much as I mind the Cookie Crisp commercials with that lame-o wolf, or worse, the Cocoa Pebbles commercials with Klepto!Barney and Clueless!Fred.

And what do you mean by "feminists" episodes? If by that you mean episodes about female empowerment, then as far as that category goes there have been good episodes and bad episodes IMO.

Okay, as everybody here who reads my posts knows, the stuff in 'toons that has PISSED ME OFF :D (at least lately) has been jerkass Cosmo in the last seasons of FOP. After that the way Samurai Jack ended. After that the way Teen Titans ended. Everything else is a minor irritation by comparison.

3. ThePeterNetwork

ThePeterNetwork Smurf Life!

Nothing in cartoons really made me that angry. I just chose not to watch them anymore. Just like I chose not to watch The Simpsons because of the general progression towards "meanness", and FOP after watching the first five minutes of Channel Chasers watching Timmy blow up his dad's office. After seeing that, I knew no good would come out of watching FOP any longer, except maybe the Jimmy/Timmy Power Hours, but I only saw the first one.

4. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

Cliffhangers. Number one. From Samurai Jack to ReBoot; the resources were there, but nobody wanted to finish it properly.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Well, Channel Chasers had a nice ending that you could watch, call it the series finale, and pretend the episodes (and specials) afterwards never existed.

Oh yes. I got REALLY PISSED OFF when I saw that the final episode of Samurai Jack was just an excuse to jam in a Lone Wolf and Cub homage.

One other thing I got pissed off at was the dub of the Dragomon episode of Digimon Adventure 2. The narrator was like "WHAT IS DRAGOMON'S MASTER PLAN? WILL HE GET KAIRI? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT DIGIMON: DIGITAL MONSTERS!!!!", when Dragomon is never brought up EVER AGAIN. (The Dark Ocean is, but not Dragomon)

6. Mandi-chan

Mandi-chan New Member

I totally agree, I've hated those commercials since I was a kid! I felt bad for the rabbit and hated the bratty children who kept stealing his food and wouldn't share!

Other than that...I can't think of anything else. Give me time, I'm sure I will.

7. TheGLIVEN

TheGLIVEN The Prime Minister of Crunk

I agree with all of them except for 1 and 3. Ed, Edd, and Eddy necver pissed me off, and I have no clue what FHIFIFIIFIIF is.

All of FOP pissed me off. The fact that Wendel on the Cinamin Toast Crunch ads left his buddies in the magical mirror and the wolf on the Cookie Crisp cereal ads.

8. Henk55

Henk55 New Member

Without doubt, the endings which make you say "And that's it? WTF!?" What I'm trying to say is, when the whole episode goes into "can this get anymore boring?" period, and then it suddenly ends in less then 20 frames.

The example which first came to mind is "A Room with A Moose". And "Rise of the Zitboy" also. (IZ episodes)

9. Gothic Dazrael

Gothic Dazrael Poor, lonely Ace...

Foster's Home for Imagernary Friends. That's what is abbviated.

And I mean the Ed, Edd, and Eddy episode where Jimmy framed them for something they didn't do.

10. Harlan_Phoenix

Harlan_Phoenix New Member

Thailog's death.

Thank God for SLG.

11. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

i hate when they change the game on ya

1. Transformers: killing Optimus Prime, Starscream, all the newbies that came with. I consider everything after the movie G2 TF

2. TMNT: Fast Forward. It's too soon but I fear this series will be one long toy commercial as we clearly saw in S4.

3. GI Joe. I distinctly remember not liking Serpentor and his horde

I also hate when programs end abruptly w/o closure, namely Samurai Jack.

I also hate adding children to the cast, another reason why I'm dreading TMNT:FF. Children are rarely necessary in tv animation. TMNT 2K3 had Angel but she wasn't in every ep, she only appeared when the story suited.

Why do networks cling to this idea that kids will only watch shows that have child stars? I know when I was a kid I didn't if there were children on the show, I just wanted to watch something cool.

GI Joe rarely had kids. G1 Transformers rarely had kids. Voltron only had that one twirp. The Real Ghostbusters rarely had kids. Batman: TAS rarely had kids. Gargoyles rarely had kids. TMNT (new and old) rarely had kids. Spider-Man and the X-Men (90s) rarely had kids. I've always been drawn to programming that featured an adult or teen cast. Adding children almost always ruins the show. If the original cast features children then that's fine e.g. Invader ZIM & Avatar.

I'd wager that if Toonami's Fantastic Four series is a success, some genius in a pin-striped suit will force the creative team to add a child to the cast (probably a clone of Truman X). The HORROR!!!

12. Alex Toon

Alex Toon Tails wishes a happy 15th!

IIRC, the early episodes had a grade school kid that pretended to be the 5th Turtle. And wasn't there a teenager in the last season?

Speaking of TMNT, what got me mad was that after Shredder was defeated and sent to another dimension,they had to create Dregg for 2 more years. They've spent nearly all their time fighting one evil personality, and then at the last second we have a new villain. Yeah, changing the tone and the animation style probably was to cash in on the dramatic action cartoons, but they could have let it go in peace.

13. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord

You haven't heard of Franklin Richards have you?

14. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

When Butters took a shuriken in the eye.

I don't know. I just can't watch that episode again.

15. MagemanSP

MagemanSP New Member

Franklin Richards, as in the Franklin Richards the Almighty? So, rubber plus invisibility equals omnipotence...

16. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

He's right. Mr. Fantastic and The Invisible woman have two children. A boy named Franklin and a girl named Valerie. Having one of them show up wouldn't be big of a departure from the spirit of the FF.

17. straw_hat

straw_hat New Member

A little something called status quo.

18. Kaoru

Kaoru She is a girl

Ooohhh boy... [cracks knuckles and rolls up sleeves]

THE thing that ticks me off everytime is genderal supremacy, which almost always comes from girls, in alsmot every cartoon. I don't care - it's not funny one bit.

Thing two, plotjacking! I hate cartoons that jerk old plots when they're out of idea to just to stay alive. Sometime that's funny and clever, but if a cartoon continually does that it's unbearable and I stop watching it (and it's hard to get me to stop watching).

Thing too, plunging from realism to unrealism and obsurditism for the same reason as above - to survive (like Totally Spies etc.).

I'll leave it there because I'm getting aggrivated.

19. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

The fact that Wile E. Coyote has never considered ordering take-out.

20. Wussycat

Wussycat New Member

Cheats. Like in that Treehouse Of Horror segment in which the aliens are acting like they want to eat the Simpsons, and they're giving subtle hints ("When we arrive there'll be plenty of time to... chew the fat"), but in the end it turns out that they were harmless.