Strong Bad Email - retirement

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Kazuya Prower, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail159a.html

The Lappy-nappers have been revealed!

Easter Eggs:

2. Sharklady

Sharklady New Member

It seems so obvious in retrospect!

3. AardvarkDog

AardvarkDog New Member

Just when I thought SB Email chouldn't get any cooler, stranger or funnier...it just did!

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

"The Teal Screen Of Near-Death" = LOL.

I was hoping this actually WAS a two-parter, but apparently they just didn't finish it in time and put it up half-complete. It'll appear in its entirety tomorrow I'm guessing. I'm sure HR Wiki will rip and preserve the half-version.

5. mojokingbee1

mojokingbee1 Active Member

Yeah! Still!

6. Kaoru

Kaoru She is a girl

Hang on there Lappy! Strongbad's got everything under control.. alt, delete. :D Is that an anime joke?

7. K-S-O

K-S-O Secret Best Wii Game Ever

So they were the Lappy-nappers? That is just weird! Never thought Lappy-napping would be a legitimate method of getting into retirement.

I wondered how Strong Bad could answer an email on his shot'd compy but, dang, they had to make THAT a cliffhanger! Is that going to be a trend in Homestar toons from now on or is it just a running gag that won't last long?

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I'm sure it's just a running gag after the "cliffhangers" email. After Lappy is returned (presumably) things should be back to normal. The thing is though I wonder what will happen tommorow. From the close-up on Compy I don't think he's too happy about what happened to Tandy and probably dosen't want to suffer the fate of being ultimatley deleted like that. But I guess we'll see on that tommorow.

I thought this was very funny, from the Fluffy Puff Marshmellows "who took Lappy" contest, Strongbad's depressment being potato chips, trying to get to the roof, the kidnappers being Strongbad's Old computers Compy and Tandy, the paper translating the computers, and Tandy's last email being the ultimate Deletion. I didn't think there were any easter eggs (even though there were some apparently) but hey even if there weren't this is a special two parter so I guess there wouldn't even need to be.

9. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

I was shocked by who the lappynappers were. It makes total sense too. A real turning point for SBmails. Both of these were really funny too. A++++...

10. Kaoru

Kaoru She is a girl

I think the second was lame and the only reason it was made was to resolve the cliffhanger.