1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stitch! Japanese anime

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by animegamer, Aug 13, 2017.

1. animegamer

animegamer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Has anyone heard of the anime version of Lilo and Stitch? And has it aired on your Disney Channel? I know Disney Channel Asia airs it but I heard it didn't air in the US.

This version seems pretty interesting, are there any other Disney Channel original shows that have a separate Japanese version?

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

It actually did air in the U.S. from October 24-27, 2011. Instead of Disney Channel, it aired on Disney XD. They only aired it for a week, and for some reason, it only aired when kids were in school. I knew it was on, but I had school. I didn't have a DVR back then and I don't know if they made it available anywhere else, so I didn't get a chance to see it.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 PinkiePie97, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've heard about it, but I never saw it when it aired on Disney XD. The only time I really paid attention to it was with the episode with Lilo appearing and explaining why she wasn't with Stitch anymore. It always sounded like something that I couldn't really see happening after everything they went through, so I prefer to see it as an alternate universe rather than a connection the movies and U.S. TV series.

4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I recorded the four episodes that aired on Disney XD in the US and was bewildered/disappointed that the fifth episode was just...pulled. At the end of the week. For no apparent reason. They had even run a mini-marathon of the show in the same week later in the afternoon, only to just...poof.

5. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

"Stitch & Ai" also exists.

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I've heard about it though only seen just a few things and seen the voices of characters for the more bigger part of it.

7. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

They dubbed every single episode and TV special with a SAG cast and still won't release it in North America in any form lol. Maybe if they're desperate to fluff up their modern content total it'll show up on their streaming service.