"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Nexonius, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

This feels like unneeded drama. I know Connie was very worried, but she's acting like Steven only turned himself in for selfish reasons.

2. Digamma-F-Wau

Digamma-F-Wau Active Member

It appears she's also mad because Steven's acting like the whole incident is no big deal, which makes sense to be mad at.

3. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

No. She's acting realistically like someone who just got kidnapped, watched her only friend be taken into space and is asking legitimate questions to why they could have not had an alternative when one was available.

Yeah, Steven is being really insensitive acting like his decisions don't affect others or have consequences. He's putting on his usual "Everything is okay" front but it rings really hollow here. Like he is seriously repressing the gravity of everything that has happened.
    You have to keep in mind he witnessed Lars death firsthand and the ONLY reason he's even back home was the luck of him having resurrection powers AND Pink Lars having a hair portal connected to Lion's mane.
    If it wasn't for those factors they wouldn't even be having this conversation and this could have led to something even more terrible. Connie has every right to feel what she's feeling and she's trying to process it realistically. Steven needs to stop lying to himself and examine exactly what transpired if the last few episodes.

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

But to Steven, there was no alternative way since Homeworld was gonna keep sending Gems to Earth. Steven felt like the only way to protect his friends,family, and home from the Diamonds was to turn himself in and pay the price of Rose Quartz for murdering Pink Diamond. Steven gas been in trouble before, he came closer to dying from his own powers than by any Gems. None of the Crystal Gems were a match for Aquamarine either, so I don't see how there was another way. Especially since defeating Aquamarine would only make the Diamonds send in more powerful Gems.

5. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

There’s a possibility that the show will be returning in November 10th, with a new episode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Would be about time since CN Europe premiered most if not all S4 episodes already and S5 has only a few.

7. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

It's confirmed that the show will return on CN's app November 10th. How many episodes will be put on there remains to be seen, but my guess is at least 5 considering how much they hyped it on Twitter.

8. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Checkerboard

Wait, so they won't air them on TV as well?

10. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Checkerboard

Ah okay, fair enough.

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So only 6 more episodes in 2017.

13. Toon4Thought

Hey, that's 6 more than what we all thought we were going to get.

Plus the app getting even more episodes in December isn't out of the question. Knowing the airing patterns of the other production seasons, season 5 will likely finish in February or March.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Eek!Swimmer1623

Awesome. I'm excited. Though I will admit that I don't really like all these hiatuses that Steven Universe has had, as well as the Steven Bombs. It feels a little too all over the place for me.

That being said, I am definitely looking forward to what happens next. Steven Universe isn't my personal favorite cartoon currently airing (I personally enjoy Loud House, Sonic Boom, Simpsons, SpongeBob, DuckTales 2017, Gumball, and OK KO! more), but I would be lying if I said that isn't really good with an interesting lore behind it. There's some weak episodes sometimes (I personally don't find the episode where Steven meets Onions friends that memorable), but most of the episodes are pretty intruging and enjoyable to watch with really good animation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Or in-between April or May, since its known for doing endless numbers of hiatus that is awaiting to happen following after they release more episodes bottom line.

16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hope these six episodes were worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Toon4Thought

Well, what I meant was the other 52-episode stretches took about a year and a half to fully air, give or take a month. So it would stand to reason that the same would apply here.

18. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Although this year had a small amount than the ones from 2015 and 2016.

19. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I was having a crappy day....until I saw this.

20. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Here's some videos of Steven Universe: Save the Light
    The first video introduces a new gem and also includes the release dates of the game.

The second video is another trailer and today the game it's released for PS4.