1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Nexonius, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Asa

Asa Member

Steven Universe hasn't had any new episodes since May so I assume CN will resume the premieres this fall.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

My safest bet I think it will return in October.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

Same here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Let's hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CNFan1995

Tomorrow is the season finale of SU Podcast and Rebecca Sugar debuts a NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE SONG.

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if I posted this before, but I honestly don't understand why they don't do a bomb for this show every other month like Nick does for the Loud House. They should do this with all of their shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Perhaps it's because the Summer of Steven did really well for them, thus they see more potential in month long events? I do know that a handful of the eps in there managed to get around 2M, which even at that point was extremely rare for CN.

I agree that what you suggested is what they prob should do, since it is annoying to go to really long hiatuses afterward (SU is far from the only example; Gumball recently got out of a 6-month gap) - I'm just saying that's what their mindset likely is.

8. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Or just premiere the episodes weekly like normal channels do.

9. Toon4Thought

Actually, if anything bombs are the new norm for kids' cable, not just with Cartoon Network. It tends to boost ratings and/or trending levels, so of course they'd take advantage of that.

Interestingly, the shows CN does give weekly premieres are the ones they appear to care less about by comparison.

10. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

It's better to have it with more bombs than a average weekly release, just to hike up the ratings, while other shows will stay adjacent to either single or week's amount .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. CNFan1995

The new Steven Universe song is here.
    Here's a sneak peek of the new song and is called:

If you want to hear the full song head to this link.

#1271 CNFan1995, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  12. Toon4Thought

Sounds really nice. Rebecca Sugar seriously knows how to make great guitar tunes.

Kind of a shame that the lack of new episodes announcement is kind of overshadowing this to many's eyes. I wonder what CN is even planning and what's holding them back from announcing it. At this point, I'm convinced it'll have a month long event, but still, you'd think something would have come up by now. And they've done too much with the property lately for screwing the show over to be even remotely possible.

#1272 Toon4Thought, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  13. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that Steven Universe might be getting to the Adventure Time/Regular Show area of it's lifespan where there's still two/three seasons left, but CN will be taking it's time on airing them.

14. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

In other words, they most stretching it to that extent.

15. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Pretty much.
    I wanted to say that CN is gonna try milking it for as long as they can. But Regular Show and Adventure Time weren't exactly milked before ending or about to end soon.

16. Toon4Thought

Well, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they are going to milk it. They've certainly been giving it many different types of merchandise and other unusual forms of exposure this year alone.

Either that, or they want the beginning of season 6 to be ready so they can jump right into that after finishing season 5.

17. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Although I don’t like the idea of them trying to stretch even further as all the lore and feel for any story arc may wound up being far fetched, but I wouldn’t say if they were to “Milk” the show for being far justified, not that I wouldn’t say that they don’t deserve a sixth season but hopefully make it the very last one entirely, I don’t see anything just beyond the horizon of them going through more endless numbers of complaints from the fanbase over a little 6-7 month hiatus, I mean heck I don’t wanna be stuck waiting but I’m not going lose my sleep if it takes almost a half of year just to get it over with.

18. Toon4Thought

Yeah, as much as I and countless other people love the show, it is an instance where it's probably best they end it before things stretch too thin. It's obviously the choice of Sugar to determine when that point is, but hopefully you see my point. Regular Show I think ran just as long as it should have, and it ended on quite the high note.

19. CNFan1995

According to a tweet from Deedee Magno Hall the voice of Pearl Steven Universe is having a New York Comic Con panel

20. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

I'm quite excited for an update on Steven's return from the panel on Thursday! Hopefully someone who came to NYCC will send us footage of the new trailer.