1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Nexonius, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

That still doesn't change the fact that On-Demand can be unreliable. People would have to be lucky in picking their cable provider then.

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I personally think you should just convince your provider that yes, you do need the login credentials since the app and website asks for them. I feel it's wrong that they are withhelding it from you in the first place, especially given the app is basically CN's new primary channel.

What is your provider anyway?

3. ShadowBeast

I highly doubt one person making a request for them to put up cartoons on their On-Demand is gonna get them to do anything. Their On-Demand has been very chaotic since shows will disappear and reappear within 24-hours.

My provider is Optimum.

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

He was saying that you should convince them to give you your credentials so you can watch shows on Cartoon Network's app and website, not convince your provider to add stuff sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toon4Thought

Exactly. There's really no reason he shouldn't be able to have those credentials. I know he said something about the company saying he doesn't need it, but quite frankly that doesn't seem justified; especially considering, at least to an extent, he does actually need it.

6. ShadowBeast

Oh okay. Unfortunately, I don't own a smartphone to use any apps and CN's website is actually more of a pain than Nickelodeon's. I clicked to watch a "full episode", and only got a preview instead. The link even said "full episode", and I tried others as well.

7. Toon4Thought

You need to log in to access the full episodes (save for the unlocked ones). And I don't think it's more of a pain than Nick's; at the very least, it takes up less RAM and processing power.

8. ShadowBeast

I was thinking that. But that info should've been shown on the site when making such attempts instead of leaving viewers wondering why they can't view full episodes.

9. Toon4Thought

I thought they did show that; at least, the way I remember it.

Edit: Just checked for myself. Even though they don't explicitly state as such, the log in button is large enough and does explain what it does should you click on it. So there's that.

10. ShadowBeast

I see a login button, but nothing about any explanation of why to login.
    I just checked CN's website now, and after clicking the "see all video", I see "unlocked full episodes" with a "no login required" message right near by. I clicked to play an episode and while the ad played, the actual content didn't(figures). but it did show the amount of time of the episode being 0:14 seconds, which meant it was only a preview.

11. Toon4Thought

Can't say I have ever had either of those problems, so I don't even know what's going on there. However, I get the impression the 14 seconds thing was for the ad, since I'm fairly certain all of their previews are 2 minutes.

But anyway, I think we've drifted away here. The point is the network's digital services are now their primary channels; while it doesn't work for everyone, it does work with the majority of their target audience, since it has been proven kids are now mainly using tablets and smartphones. And that's why I think the next episode we'll get of Steven will be on there first.

12. ShadowBeast

Sadly the ad was 33 seconds long. I know the teasers are usually 2 mins long, which made the 14 second teaser strange.

Yeah especially since this is a Steven Universe thread and not CN schedule/online/whatever thread.
    But CN need to fix the bugs before relying on the digital services stuff.

13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to the Roundtable, which he heard from the podcast, we're getting a sixth season!

I'd be more excited if not for the fact that we're still in this hiatus, and we have to deal with more stupid townie filler to fill the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

^ Although I'm not surprised about it seeing it's sixth season, it's sad to the fact that with AT and CL being after phased out before this would've had already made up their mind on putting focus on the main plot with the gem war subplot instead of focusing on a bunch of lame "townie" filler episodes, which it discourage fans like it happened on season 4, just to be honest, I had a bad feeling that once after the upcoming episodes involving Lars and Reunited, it'll wound up falling back completely like how season 4 had dealt with.

Although I'm not saying that the series should end right away, but seeing it being renewed would mean that the current season may end up with the plot being held over in favor of filler episodes. They could've gotten over this if they hadn't decided to stretch out the main role for this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Kindness King

Kindness King Active Member

I don't mind the town episodes, just as long as its not too long a string. Most of the slice of life episodes are as good as the plot-driven episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

That is good to hear I suppose that the show will continue after 5.

17. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Except you're dealing with those that don't agree, I mean, they rarely air any reruns without trying not to make it run under theme blocks, at one point I personally thought that this season would have some good epic stuff that would mainly be throughout this season period just to get the story over with so that we don't have to go through too many hiatuses that many complained or any slow-paced plot that many considered it as filler that had the fanbase divided from those who enjoyed both formulas and those who's more info arc formula but despise any townie filler that will literally turn away from.

18. Toon4Thought

I think the Beach City episodes get kind of a bad rep. On one hand, I can kind of see where they're coming from; since for the longest time the two seemed strangely separate from each other, almost like they're two different shows. However, it's worth noting Beach City and its citizens make up a large part of the show, even if it doesn't always seem that way. And the majority of the time the episodes still turn out good, and it's not like every Gem episode necessarily hit it out of the park for me either.

Plus, after some heavy action and drama you gotta take a rest from it in-universe. In late season 2/early season 3, where 15 or so eps in a row was spent at the Barn, even though I enjoyed the majority of the episodes I found myself outright missing Beach City and its citizens.

19. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Personally I have nothing against any townie episode on some exception as long as it doesn't involve with Ronaldo, who I find him just annoying and should not have episodes heavily focusing on him at all.

20. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I mostly don't like Townie episodes that don't have any of the Gems in it.