Stephen Hillenburg Returning

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Jinbo71, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Will Steve Hillenberg return?

1. Yes!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

So, there have been rumors that SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenberg will return as a full-time cast member after the second SpongeBob movie.

Do you believe the rumors? Would you like it to be true? Would Spongebob regain his former glory?

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Yeeaaaaahhh...no. Hillenburg has moved on to new things, like his own short film. Creators often have little interest in returning back to their old work, and if he did, he hasn't been a significant crew member in years, so the show probably wouldn't be significantly better, since he's out of practice.

3. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

I thought he hasn't been working on anything else since 2005, aside from being the executive producer of the show, and 2nd movie. Not to mention writing the story of the 2nd movie.

When did he start working on this short film? When will it be released?

4. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

For the short film, his movie Hollywood Blvd.USA has been in development since 2010 and is painted and written by himself, and is still in development, but might not see the light of day anytime soon. And again, speaking as someone who enjoys the series, I'd much rather him work on the movie and any other projects he has than focus on a show that's long overstayed its welcome. After all, he left Spongebob after Nick execs got greedy and wanted another season after he intended the Spongebob movie to be the finale.

5. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

But why is he writing the story for the second movie? Sure, he could have simply been hired by Nick, but maybe it was by choice.

6. Hail-the-Whale

Hail-the-Whale New Member

Hillenburg never left the show, but according to the current creative director he might be more involved after the movie. (Source.)
    And of course, he has been involved with the new movie.

7. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

Not really, anyway. As someone mentioned, he's still the executive producer, but has no real direct involvement with the show.

8. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Sigh... No wonder said show has gone so downhill. To think he had the power to end this madness at some point. And he likely still won't have it, even after this movie biz is over and done with...

9. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

I do like SpongeBob, still do, but if Hillenburg is returning full time, than that would be fantastic news! :)

10. Wan

Wan The First Avatar

I stopped watching Spongebob many years ago except for random episodes I bump into from time to time. His return would peak my interest but I don't know if I will ever become a full time viewer again. The show has been on the air for 15 years. I feel like it already ran its course.