1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star Wars Rebels" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Ed Liu, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Somewhat belated review of season 3 on Blu-ray, in which I attempt to explain what bugged me about Season 3 and end up with a Grand Unified Field Theory on what makes a good Star Wars story (like the original trilogy and the current movies, excluding the prequels and a depressing proportion ofThe Clone Wars in its early seasons at least).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Heroes of Mandalore was the best season premiere of the series (in my opinion) with a solid story and a more serious tone than most episodes. The Empire (and the Imperial Super Commandos) felt like legitimate threats, unlike some times when they are semi-dangerous or pretty easy to stop/defeat. That was definitely refreshing to see as well as the focus on Mandalore and the return of Bo-Katan.

I liked the threat the team faced plus Sabine's character development once the special weapon was involved. I also enjoyed the line-up of characters even if Hera and Zeb were (mostly) side-lined. Overall, a really great start to this final season. Hopefully the quality keeps up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Season 2 premiere was still better for me, but that's a bit unfair. One has Vader and one has...Mandalorians. I've made it no secret I couldn't care less about the stories of Mandalore, but this was probably the second best premiere for Rebels for me. I mostly enjoyed this though. I think it would have been more effective had Sabine's mom and brother died or maybe maimed in some way but I guess they couldn't go that far.

"I'm Tiber Saxon, Esquire. Governor of the Emperor's eighth dragoons."

Okay, that's my terrible Outlander joke out of the way, but I enjoy Tobias Menzies and it was nice to hear him here. I guess he died? That climax felt a little off for me. Anyway I'm glad the show is back, and ready to see what the final season has to offer. And yes more Hera would be good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ezra was so useless with that jetpack. At least until he remembered he has a rocket on it :p.

I think that's probably been the most blatant Kanan has ever been about his feelings for Hera. I guess their near-death at the hands of Thrawn last season has inspired him to finally throw caution to the wind and act on how he really feels about her while they still have the chance. Hopefully we can finally get some resolution on that relationship before the series ends :).

Bo-Katan's return has been teased since last season, so it was great to finally see her again and see just how much she's changed since Clone Wars. She definitely seems far more mature and wiser then her days with Death Watch, and now she has a completely different view of her sister and her legacy then she ever did when she was trying to overthrow it with Pre Vizla, to the point where she's willing to honor Satine's memory by leading Mandalore :proud:.

Although I just think it's kind of funny to think the Jedi would've really put her in charge of Mandalore after Satine's death, given she had already tried to overthrow the Mandalorian government and had fought the Jedi numerous times as a result. I guess as far as any line of succession goes she would make sense, since Satine didn't have any children and she's the closest thing they have to actual royalty, but still. Though I guess better the enemy you know then the enemy you don't :rolleyes2:.

Not that I would've wanted to see Sabine's mom and brother die, but it was a little convenient that it was only her family who survived the weapon. That being said, it was nice to see them get to reunite with Sabine's father :anime:.

It was pretty cool getting to meet Sabine's dad and see that not only is he atypical of the more warrior-like Mandalorians, he was also the one who really fostered Sabine's love of art. Though I love how he points out how his wife is artistic with her blasters :D.

A Mandalorian with a jetpack being a weapons unto themselves just about sums up their race as a whole :cool:.

Sabine's drama about having created weapons for the Empire taking physical form with the Duchess was an interesting twist, and provided her more conflict and reason to prove herself one last time to both her people and herself as a Mandalorian. And now that she's taken care of that and handed over the Dark Saber, she can finally rejoin the Rebels with a weight lifted over her shoulder ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Probably would've been better writing if a couple of other soldiers survived as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

It's a damn shame we're on the last season - as someone who otherwise doesn't talk about this show too much, it's still one of Disney XD's best, IMHO. So here's hoping they can tie things up nicely from here, especially after all this Mandalore - maina and whatnot.

To be fair, however - I don't know what else they could do at this point that doesn't involve re-writing the Original Trilogy... (E.G.:) Something we can all agree does not need to be seen, unless you like bad fan-fiction (LOL).)!

• Agree Agree x 1
    #247 I.R. Shokew, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM
  8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Star Wars Rebels "Heroes Of Mandalore, Part 1"

Public termination? Damn you, TV-Y7!

With her with her? Did Star Wars just turn into The Wonder Years?

Ezra. quit trying to horn in on Sabine's family art moment. It's lame.

Sad ending. ***.

Star Wars Rebels "Heroes Of Mandalore, Part 2"

I want one of those jet packs. ***1/2.