1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Ishtar, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So in 2 weeks we'll be reading an article about him being replaced?

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

#22 the greenman, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
  3. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Episode 8 will now release on December 15, 2017.
    On the bright side, this should give them more time to fine tune the story.

4. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hollywood trade publications Variety and Deadline are saying Episode VIII has been pushed back to a December 15, 2017 release date now. That's seven more long months to wait from its original May 2017 release date, and I feel there was no reason to delay it at all. Usually, such bad news delays of this type are announced on Fridays, not Wednesdays.

#24 Tommy Lawson, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. the greenman

It's financially sound. They have no competetion in the Holiday season, cept maybe Harry Potter stuff. As traditional as May seems for Star Wars, it has now been owned by Marvel. So, I bet Disney will move one of their Marvel films in that slot.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Episode 8 leaked set pics with aliens, and set design modification:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-w...iens-may-give-you-episode-2-nightmares-519159

[​IMG]

1/20: Oh yeah, and Disney woulda cannabalized themselves with GOTG2 and SW8.

Thatz the problem with monopolies.

Gwendoline Christie assures she will return in Episode 8:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/g...-wars-episode-viii-captain-phasma-1201693334/

2/15- Laura Dern and Benecio Del Toro join Ep 8:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/s...cio-del-toro-laura-dern-join-cast-1201706401/

2/22 - Game of Thrones actress joins Episode 8:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/game-thrones-actress-birgitte-hjort-120535379.html

#25 the greenman, Feb 22, 2016
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Lupita Nyong'o confirmed Maz will be in Episode 8 on "Live with Kelly & Michael." Hopefully Maz will be more forthcoming, less cryptic. Yeah, probably not.

Also, if you look back at the first post, I am compiling a list of SW threads. If you know of anymore I should add, hit me up on this thread or PM. Thanks.

7. the greenman

Well, there was a rumor of Frank Oz on the set:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/rumor-frank-oz-headed-to-star-wars-episode-viii-sets/

4/14: We of course jump to Yoda, but he could be helping with a new puppet or even voicing a new character. Maybe they are going to elaborate on some of Maz.

4/21: Yeah, if they go forward with this rumor, I suspect backlash. However, that may have Lucas' idea all along, as at one time he said the saga was all about the Skywalkers.

#27 the greenman, Apr 22, 2016
  8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't believe that rumor for a second. Waaaayyyyy too weird. Like...what the?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, that's too out-of-nowhere, crazy, and convoluted even for Star Wars. I doubt they'd go for anything even close to that. Or at least I'd hope :sweat:.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/21: Well, they did say Rian Johnson is exploring new ideas in VIII... it's not time travel but mind blown. I bet it's just an original outline someone got a hold of and it's not too relevant anymore.

4/26: Some new details on a canon novel "Star Wars: Bloodline" by Claudia Grey (with input from Rian Johnson). On sale May 3.
    • It stars Leia
    • How and why the Resistance was formed. One thing we know about Leia is that she’s always willing to do the work. She just wants to Get Stuff Done. So how does the Resistance figure into that? What events would push Leia to break away from the Republic she has dedicated herself to serving? And who was there with her from the beginning? There’s one way to find out…
    • Seeds of the First Order. You’ll get hints (and more than hints) as to what’s up with the players who are working to build the First Order and what they want. And I know you want to know that.
    • Political intrigue. Just what was the state of the galaxy before the First Order rose to prominence? Who was in charge? What were the different factions and what did they want? You’ll see Leia work to uncover questionable alliances and shady dealings, and get in plenty of hot water along the way.
    • Han and Leia. Not satisfied with the bits of Han/Leia interaction we got in The Force Awakens? Looking for more about your favorite pop culture couple? We’ve got your back. Han is a secondary character in the novel, but he and his relationship with Leia get a chance to shine.
    • Outstanding original characters. If you loved Thane and Ciena from Claudia Gray’s first Star Wars novel, Lost Stars, you’ll also love Claudia’s newest young heroes: Joph and Greer. Joph is a New Republic pilot who craves adventure, and Greer, Leia’s personal assistant, has her own yearning for excitement. They are loyal to Leia and her cause — and to each other. You’ll also meet a complicated politician on the opposite side of the aisle from Leia, and get some insights into why not everyone might have thought the Empire was such a bad idea.
    • Rian Johnson’s input. Some of the story ideas and elements in this novel came straight from Rian Johnson, director of the forthcoming Episode VIII. We are indebted to him for his creativity and generosity!
    • Huge revelations. In case you hadn’t noticed, there’s a big Darth Vader head on the cover of the book. Let’s just say that the galaxy finds out a scandalous secret, and you don’t want to miss the fallout!
    • Seeing Leia surrounded by a group of dedicated younger people who support her and know that she’s awesome. Okay, maybe not everyone is as excited about that sort of thing as I am. But I’m mentioning it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be interesting to see how the Galaxy would react to learning Luke and Leia are Darth Vader's children, and it might also explain part of why Kylo Ren ended up becoming as obsessed with his grandfather and Anakin's legacy as he did :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    #32 Yojimbo, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  13. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

There have been rumors for awhile that one of those prequel actors would be in Ep 8.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oscar Issac hints there's a lot more to do, Poe, Rey and Finn get tested immensely, and VIII is a darker chapter but not that dark.

And a rumored description of fight between Rey and Luke against Kylo and the Knights.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was expecting we'd get a rematch between Rey and Kylo Ren in the next film, though it sounds like it might happen in the movie earlier then I expected...but always happy at the possibility of Luke getting in on the action :D.

I am definitely curious to see more of the Knights of Ren and how exactly they work, and where they fit in the First Order hierarchy along with Ben. Maybe they're the equivalent of Snoke's elite guard, with Kylo Ren as the obvious favorite o_O?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Well, with "Empire Strikes Back" and "Revenge of the Sith" being the standards for the darkest chapters in the saga to date, I'm interested to see if Episode VIII is "more dark" than those 2 films.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

And the rumor is Episode VIII is "Fall of the Resistance"

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that's nothing if not ominous, and definitely in the vein of "Empire Strikes Back" :eek:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/31: Kasdan answered some questions about Han Solo, some old some new info
    -Chris Miller and Phil Lord are going to direct it.
    -Lawrence and his son Jon wrote it
    -start shooting in January in London
    -will release May 2018 before Episode 9

6/8: Another Luke teaser from Johnson on set of VIII.

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They're always teasing us with Luke, aren't they :p?

• Agree Agree x 1