1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star Wars Episode IX" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by the greenman, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

...or it will appear that Poe had died, but in reality, it was all a dream by Rey and that Finn was the one who died with the film ending with Snoke appearing in a mirror trying to kill Rey.

2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, this announcement has already divided fans. That being said, I'm still looking forward for this and to be fair, Trevorrow was an unpopular choice to direct Episode IX since Jurassic World divided several fans despite good reception from critics and his recent film The Book of Henry flopped financially and critically.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think it is a kinda shady move to adjust the schedule like that. However, if WB were smart they'll move the WW sequel to November. That been a proven windfall for them as well as Christmas.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AdrenalineRush1996

A November release for Wonder Woman 2 could be possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Considering the enormous success they just had with the first WW, it'd be hard to imagine them moving the sequel's release date. That said, I don't think that releasing anything alongside the Star Wars juggernaut is a good idea, especially since this has the potential to be a massive franchise for WB. A November release date would probably be wise. They may even move it to March, like what they did with BvS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. the greenman

Well, if you mean pushing it forward WB already has SHAZAM! in early April and Marvel has Captain Marvel in March. Irony in that. If you mean bumping it back to March 2020, WB has a couple untitled films set in both Feb and early April. Whatever they had planned, they might be changed.

I still think they should have stuck with the 3 yr gap by tradition. It gave them time to work out things in that time.

8. AdrenalineRush1996

Honestly, that didn't work for the best with BVS and TBH, a three year gap as a tradition wouldn't have worked anymore. Nowadays, several sequels are released two years after the first than three years (excluding Iron Man 3 since the reason why it was released in 2013 instead of 2012 was that Marvel decided to release The Avengers in that year instead), unless film adaptations of book series, in which several of them gets released a year after the first.

9. the greenman

BvS is a pretty bad example, as we all know WB has been scrambling for stuff for years. The film got pushed back a little because they revamped the MoS sequel and rushed into a JL prequel. The thing with the book-to-film series they already have a template and plan. As you can see, these Star Wars films do not.

10. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, I think the reason why the sequel trilogy has a two year gap instead of a three year gap is because they decided to fill out the gap between films with the Anthology films as in they decided to do a similar pattern as the MCU but you can see why it is suffering problems on two of their upcoming films (the Han Solo film had a change of directors during production and Episode IX had a change of directors during preproduction).

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I meant pushing it forward, but I entirely forgot about Captain Marvel. Man, what an interesting box office face off Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel would be. If I'm DC, I would consider moving WW to even later in the year, or maybe releasing WW in April and moving Shazam elsewhere. It's tricky, and moving dates around like that doesn't look good. Again, I just see Star Wars flattening everything in its path, even Wonder Woman 2.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator