1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star Wars: C-3PO (2016 One-Shot)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Rate and discuss this Star Wars comic!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

So, what was with the red arm...

STAR WARS: C-3PO

[​IMG]

WRITER: James Robinson
    ARTIST: Tony Harris

Follow everyone's favorite protocol droid as he Journeys to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, in this special one-shot leading up to his appearance in the film! Just how did Threepio get a red arm, anyway? Find out here as the blockbuster creative team of James Robinson and Tony Harris of DC's Starman reunite for the first time in nearly two decades! You may be fluent in over six million forms of communication...but this book is a must have in any language!

Discuss this Star Wars comic!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure what to expect from this comic but it ended being a little more poignant than I expected. The red arm coming from a droid that sacrificed himself to save C-3PO was unexpected. I liked that the comic explored how kind of tragic C-3PO's life is since its sentience is basically out of his hands. That he has been reprogrammed time and time again, and the moment when he talks about how he sometimes sees flashes of those other lives was a bit heartbreaking. This comic got a little deeper than I expected.

For a comic based around a joke this sure went deeper than I ever expected to, and the end when C-3PO says he'll wear the red arm for awhile basically in memory of the droid who sacrificed his life to save him was pretty touching.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Wait, didn't he have his missing gold arm back in that farewell shot at the end of Force Awakens?

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Yup. They probably cut something from the movie to do with his red arm and it getting replaced with a gold one.