1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Bat-Fan Beyond, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So another one in the Ep 3 and 4 gap? Probably his first bounty.

2. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I guess we will get a new actor for Boba Fett, too. Hopefully the story is strong.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Actually, if Lawrence Kasden is still attached he gave some ideas:

Star Wars Rumor: ‘Boba Fett’ Spinoff Puts New Character In The Armor

4. the greenman

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

If that Kasdan idea is legit, and actually implemented, I'm sorry. I'm more lenient twards the prequel than everyone else, but either way, what we saw in the prequels is what and how it went down. Whether anyone likes it or not. More or less retconning the "real" Boba Fett in Attack Of The Clones would be pointless. There's even a key scene in the movie where Boba Fett is holding his father's helmet (or his head with his helmet still on....). That's the Boba Fett of the original trilogy. I'm sorry (not really) Boba Fett doesn't have some kind of "cool" background/origin story that goes with his implied ruthless badass reputation (again, ONLY STANDS AROUND, SAYS NOTHING), but that's the way it is. He's a clone who becomes a bounty hunter like his father.

Assuming they do this, how about these ideas. I don't like that Porkins died at the battle of Yavin. Lets make him a flight general in Episode 7 and quickly explain that he did eject but no one noticed because of all the excitement in battle. Or even better, lets have Jar Jar be the rebels' main leader, general, organizer, etc along side Admiral Ackbar and Mon Mothma in Episode 7. Here, we'll just say and quickly explain that Jar Jar acted like a moron in the prequels because it was an act to throw off separatists and eventually the Empire, and is one of the smartest individuals in the galaxy.

Or maybe even "better". If no one can deal with how the prequels turned out, and will try to work ways around them in upcoming films, then just remake the prequels since apparently everyone can make a better Star Wars prequel.

Wow. Typed that all up for nothing. Lets say in this movie some random person kills the real (clone) Boba Fett to assume the mantle and be the (non clone) Boba Fett in the original trilogy, then why does he have Jango Fett's voice in the original trilogy if it's not the clone Boba Fett?

6. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Michelle MacLaren would be a great choice, though I guess it would keep her from directing any episodes of Better Call Saul for a while. Even so, I'd love to see that.

7. the greenman

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator