"Star vs. the Forces of Evil" Series Talkback Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by zoombie, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Carlos Gutierrez

I really hope that Christmas should be held at Echo Creek and Mewni for a potential holiday special.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Toonberculosis

Toonberculosis Gets Two Scoops

Via TVguide's server and a reliable staff member (misseps) on kametsu forum:
    Star vs the Forces of Evil S03E06 - Scent of a Hoodie / Rest in Pudding

US Airdate: November 6th, 2017 at 8PM EST
    Synopsis 6a: Star secretly keeps Marco’s hoodie as a reminder of their friendship and is not ready to let him go.
    Synopsis 6b: Star has recurring visions of Glossaryck and believes he’s haunting her.

Star vs the Forces of Evil S03E07 - Club Snubbed / Stranger Danger
    US Airdate: November 7th, 2017 at 8PM EST
    Synopsis 7a: Tom snubs Star at the Silver Bell Ball.
    Synopsis 7b: Star meets the ancient Queen Eclipsa.

Star vs the Forces of Evil S03E08 - Demoncism / Sophomore Slump
    US Airdate: November 8th, 2017 at 8PM EST
    Synopsis 8a: Star and Tom's relationship is put to the test when Tom decides to get rid of his demons.
    Synopsis 8b: Marco decides to put in a full effort to living life in the present on Earth.

Star vs the Forces of Evil S03E09 - Lint Catcher / Trial by Squire
    US Airdate: November 9th, 2017 at 8PM EST
    Synopsis 9a: Marco returns to Mewni, but questions whether he should have returned at all.
    Synopsis 9b: Star and Marco prepare for the Midnight Warrior Blowout Sale at Quest Buy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Looks like Daron is gonna be testing the fans's reaction to a possible Tom/Star ship.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Sent of a Hoodie Star seems to be a bit insane in this episodes, but I guess it's understandable. She's putting too much symbolism into a hoodie. She was able to learn to let go and give Marco his hoodie back.

Rest in Pudding Another episode about letting things go, but different. Instead of putting too much meaning into an inanimate object and refusing to let it go, here her subconscious is telling her she needs to make peace with Glossryck to finally be able to let her go.

Overall two good episodes. Can't wait for the rest of the week.

#1124 ToonJay723, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Today's episode

Sent of a Hoodie

An all right episode, it is about Star letting go of Marco, so it was very emotionally. Pony Head had some funny moments here.

Star smelling the stinking hoodie was kind of disturbing, but understand, they played her feelings straight, and did not try to make it a gag.

Rest In Pudding

So the goat is dead, so no resurrection here. Still the rest of the High Magic Commission is back, good to see them doing all right. So Glossaryck is not dead, well I wonder was he re born and have the intelligence of a baby, that seems to be the indication.

Still the character that stole the show was Janna, Janna always good for a few laughs, and Marco is not wearing the hoodie, which put the time sync of these episodes in question.

6. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

I think I love this show because I can enjoy an episode like Scent of a Hoodie, which is otherwise inconsequential. They really commit to the world no matter how ridiculous the situation and still have important character actualization moments.

Also, Brian H. Kim is the best composer working in television:

7. zoombie

My thoughts on today's episodes.

Club Snubbed

The less said about these episodes the better. Why are doing this, seriously why? Well I guess Pony Head had some funny moments so it is not a total waste.

Stranger Danger

So I was right, Glossaryck does have the mind of a baby, though Star treated him more like a pet. So they discovered Eclipsa is free.

Well my impression of Eclipsa I don't think she is evil, but I don't think she is totally good, she might be chaotic neutral.

8. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Club Snubbed Cute episode. It's nice seeing Star and Tom on good terms again. The dance was beautiful.

Stranger Danger Yay, Eclipsa is back, and just as sweet as ever. So what does the High Commission consider a monster? Why is Eclipsa's husband a monster, but not Tom or his mother? Also, why is Moon convinced she's evil, but the last time they met, she said she didn't seem evil. So many questions, I guess they will be answered, in whenever her hearing happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1128 ToonJay723, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  9. ShadowBeast

Club Snubbed: When I first saw the scene of Star and Tom dancing, I thought it was a flashback. But that isn't the case. Starco shippers are probably foaming out of their mouths about this. Serves most of them right though, considering the hate Jackie was getting because of their shipping obsession.
    Good episode all-in-all since Tom was actually trying to think about Star first instead of his obsession with her. Pony Head was annoying, but she's always annoying and unlikable.

Stranger Danger: Glossaryk now has the mind of a pet. I wonder how long that will be dragged? The reasons for Eclipsa's crystallization all seem poorly excused (except for the messing with dark magic-part), but that makes me think that the High Council is gonna end up being right and that Eclipsa is up to something. What, I have no idea. We don't even know her monster-husband will be like.
    Toffe was mentioned and I really hope they aren't done with him since his reason for messing with all the magic in "the battle for mewni" special had really downplayed his level of sinister in the fact that he seemed to have did it all, just so he can get his finger back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1129 ShadowBeast, Nov 7, 2017
  10. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

Club Snubbed was pretty good. Speaking for myself as a Starco shipper, I'm cool with the possibility of Star and Tom getting together. I'm not much of a serious shipper anyway. I have a feeling that Tom is gonna be an object of scorn for the hardcore Starco shippers. I know how crazy people can get with their ships. :confused:

Man, Tom's momma sounds like a freakin' Big Daddy from Bioshock! Either that, or a dying whale.

As annoying as Pony Head is, I actually find her antics amusing. I more or less laugh at her and call her a piece of crap.

Stranger Danger was pretty deece. Coming back from the grave seems to have taken a toll on ol' Glossaryck's mind. From royal advisor to simple house pet. That's rough, boyos.

I miss Eclipsa's hat. She looks off without it.

Some people say that Eclipsa doesn't seem evil. Maybe so, but I think she's more of a friendly, charismatic kind of person who is good at subtly influencing people. She already has Star on her side. We'll see how this develops.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1130 Gatordragon, Nov 7, 2017
  11. D-nice is the man.

If anyone's wondering, yes the series will have a holiday special on Saturday, December 2 at 8:30 AM. Titled: "Stump Day; Holiday Spellcial"

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Battle for Mewni was pretty awesome/engaging, my favorite awesome full-hour Disney cartoon-based movie.

Marco wanting to save Star was great.
    Moon/Star's moments were great/touching.
    Cool seeing Moon's backstory, Teenage Queen Moon was cute, cool seeing Mina, nice seeing Eclipsa, Rasticore works with Toffee/The Lizard, sweet, and that's how Toffee got his finger cut off.
    Marco/River's moment was great/funny.
    Buff Frog's moment with Star/Moon was great/funny:p.
    Ludo the best loser villain to succeed taking over the kingdom was great/funny.
    Star/Marco finally reunited was great:D.
    Cool seeing Toffee in his old normal body.
    Glossaryck's death was dark.
    Cool with Star free and her new Mewberty form destroying Toffee was awesome:D.
    Ludo the anti-hero crushing Toffee was awesome, but Toffee will be back though.
    Eclipsa breaks out, sweet, best cliffhanger.

Scent of a Hoodie, Rest In Pudding, and Stranger Danger were pretty sweet/enjoyable, new Star Vs. The Forces of Evil comes, yaaaaaay.

Despite Marco leaving, but both Star/Marco will still hang out together.
    River/Moon's moments were great.
    Poor Star crazy for Marco's hoodie, but understandable.
    Sir Lavabo the Knight of the Wash, a great funny new minor character.
    Cool that the hoodie is clean while Star liking it.
    Star returning the hoodie back to Marco was great.

Poor Star misses Glossaryck, another "let things go" episode, but different.
    Cool seeing Janna, her moments were great/funny:D.
    Glossaryck everywhere to Star was pretty creepy:ack:.
    Nice seeing Jackie and Marco's line about the "hanging out with Janna" part was funny.
    Star reviving Glossaryck sounding gibberish was a great/funny ending, hehehe.

Poor Lekmet will be missed.
    Cool seeing Hekapoo, Rhombus, and Omnitraxus Prime, their moments were great.
    Glossaryck being treated like a pet was funny/creepy.
    Cool seeing Eclipsa, awesome/interesting and mysterious, sweet design, her meeting Star was great:D.
    I do feel sorry for Eclipsa though.
    Star to sympathize with Eclipsa was great.
    The trial towards Eclipsa will be interesting.

#1132 Radical, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

We are obviously not getting the whole story

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Demoncism Looks like Star and Tom are an item again. I have confidence that the writers will be able to handle a love triangle situation, without making it annoying.

Sophomore Slump Marco the Croissant Girl™. Jackie is a really good friend. Being able to let Marco go when she can tell that he's too obsessed with Mewni and Star. Let's hope Marco only went back for his friendship with her and not a relationship, or else he will be very disappointed.

#1134 ToonJay723, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  15. ShadowBeast

This is NOT GOOD! With the two episodes I just watched, it feels like they are switching roles with Star and Marco's shipping. Bringing in unneeded drama is not good writing.

Demoncism:
    This one was pretty good. It had a great moral of changing yourself for the better on your own and not forcing it like the Demoncism would do.

Sophomore Slump: I loved Jackie's role in the episode. Sadly we probably won't be seeing her anymore, which is messed up since she was so lively here. They finally crack open Jackie's character, then they get rid of her. What a huge waste. Marco was a jerk through half the episode. He grew a big ego as well. But at least he tried to make it right for Jackie and his Sensei. I knew he was hiding his cape under his hoodie. I wonder how Marco is gonna react to Star and Tom getting close. Most likely hide his feelings like Star did.

However despite the episodes being good, I really don't like the direction it's taking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1135 ShadowBeast, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  16. zoombie

They are doing the whole "role reversal" stuff with the shipping, so cliche.

Demoncism

I have a little theory on Tom, but I will get to that later. While the plot is focused on Tom, this is really a Star and Pony Head shanagans episodes which I am cool with.

But while I think Tom was being legit last episode, I wonder after Star told him that she and Marco were not together, that he is back to his old scheming ways, and this is all a poly to get Star back. I hope not, while I don't like what they doing here with the cliche relationship drama, I do like Tom, and I don't want to hate him, because this would be a totally terrible thing to do.

Sophomore Slump

Well didn't like the first half with the way Marco was acting. I was trying to sympathize here, I even gave him the benefit of the doubt through out the episode until he told Sensei only Marco earned his cape, what jerk. But the second half of the episode did turn things around.

We get some characterzation out of Jackie which was great. Jackie prooved to be a very cool nice person. The part at the end, when she knew Marco was lying, that was clever, everyone knows Star is Marco best friend here. So they break up.

But the other big thing to come out of this episode, Marco is going to go to school in Mewni, I didn't know they had schools there. I wonder what is going to happen next. I am sure Marco's 3 new friends "The Resistance" are going to be happy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

19. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

Demoncism was alright. I was expecting a goat to be used as a vessel to contain Tom's exorcised demons. They can just release it into the wild afterward; it'll be fine.

Looks like Star and Tom are a legit thing now. Who would've guessed?

Sophomore Slump was pretty deece. You can take the Marco out of Mewni, but you can't take the Mewni out of the Marco.

Jackie and Marco's date was cute. Too bad Marco's longing for Mewni and Star put an end to that. The Jarco shippers must be so mad right now. Heck, the Star vs. shipping community as a whole must be on fire right now. Heeheehee, Daron Nefcy and the writers sure like to mess with the fans.

----
    Sucks to hear that Glossaryck's voice actor is being investigated for sexual harassment allegations. So much sludge is just flowing out after the Weinstein valve was opened. This is insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1139 Gatordragon, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  20. doomrider7

doomrider7 Member

So help me GOD that would BURN this series to the ground for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #1140 doomrider7, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017