1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star vs. the Forces of Evil" Series Talkback Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by zoombie, Mar 30, 2015.

1. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

It has great ratings. ANd it's even higher that those pathetic teen sitcoms.

2. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

This could very well be Disney's next Gravity Falls if they play their cards right.

3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Still no one agrees with the Wendy and Jackie similarity, it is like these are either the type of dream girls cartoon makers had when they were kids or they think boys of today want. Though in this case the show is made by a woman so.

#43 zoombie, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

still haven't seen enough of her to make a point

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I enjoy the show a lot. Star's character is really fun. She's adorable, happy go lucky and psychotic at the same time. She reminds me of Caboose.

6. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Great episode. My favorite segment was Quest Buy. I wonder if the magic vacuum will come into importance later on.

7. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Really like these two episodes especially at the end where the sloth attacked the bad guy

8. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

"Cheer up Star" was okay, but I liked "Quest Buy" more. I'd like to see that magic store during Black Friday.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Of the two, Cheer Up Star was the weakest one. It felt kind of aimless.

10. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope we see more Forces of Evil than the one little dude. We already have an ineffectual supervillain in Wander Over Yonder and this guy feels like a repeat.

The expressions on everyone's faces are fantastic. They're not stock; Star makes a new face every second. I haven't seen this much bold emotion since the days when Kricfalusi and Jon McClenahan were getting work.

11. SaneMan

me too

well, we did see some pirates in the opening, and there's also Star's ex-boyfriend from hell

12. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Cheer Up Star: Just plain frustrated me from the start. Seriously, I've seen Marco kick butt without stupid armor; why start acting like such a wuss, now? Also, I'm not on board with another underdeveloped love interest, especially for Marco, BUT ESPECIALLY for Star. That's just bad writing, IMHO.

Quest Buy: Definitely give us more episodes like this, please; provided they aren't the result of misunderstandings like how this stupidly turned out, of course (misunderstandings are really stupid reasons to do anything, TBH with all of you.....).

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I really like getting this show back to back with Randy Cunningham.

14. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I dunno, I thought "Cheer Up Star" had the single biggest laugh-out-loud moment of the show so far when Star is trying to cheer Marco up. The bit where she summons that weird magical fish that ends up swallowing her as she goes bouncing around the room had both me and my son in stitches laughing.

15. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Cheer Up Star

Writers: Daron Nefcy, Dave Wasson, Jordana Arkin, Carrie Liao, Aaron Hammersley, Dominic Bisignano (Star Vs The Forces Of Evil)

Date: April 13, 2015

Synopsis: "Star is feeling down when she doesn't get a call from her crush. Marco tries to cheer her up, but things don't turn out well."

This show keeps up the trend of good episodes. There is some Marco abuse at the beginning, but it's there for the story, so I'll let it slide. One thing I really like about this episode is that shows the strong bond between Marco and Star. They're both willing to do anything to help each other out. That's pretty sweet. Another little fun thing about this episode is that it's told in flashback form, kind of like SpongeBob's "Missing Identity". In actuality, Star and Marco are in a shack defending themselves against Bluto and his minions. There's some pretty good humor, a nice song, and some good action scenes. That ending solidified this as a good episode.

Quest Buy

Writers: Mike Yank & Dominic Bisignano (Star Vs The Forces Of Evil)

Date: April 13, 2015

Synopsis: "Star and Marco must navigate through a maze-like store, Quest Buy, to get a new wand charger before Star's wand dies forever."

This is certainly something to talk about. First off, I like the title reference to Best Buy. It's a pretty cool nod. Since Star doesn't have a fully charged wand, she and Marco have to defend themselves against Bluto and his minions without magic. There's a lot of fun action scenes, and it's cool to see Star and Marco improvise when they don't have magic. The humor is still top notch. There's also plenty of suspenseful scenes with the obstacles Star and Marco face to get to the wand charger. There's a flipping ax for crying out. It also teaches a valuable moral on being organized. That ending solidified this as a good episode.

16. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of the song, the Space Unicorn ringtone is an actual music video on Youtube! There are now comments about SvTFoE on it.

[video]https://youtu.be/17o1OlroNSE[/video]

Also, from Show Buzz Daily, yesterday's episode had 574,000 viewers.

17. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

So they used a pre-existing tacky ringtone to make fun of tacky ringtones? That's pretty cool.

18. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

19. SaneMan

^ is that good enough?

20. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I personally like the cheer up episode. Watching Marco having a bad day was a bit much but i do like the fact that he didn't resource of using Star's magic or wand to help him have a better day and also see Star trying to cheer him up which it work and with Star not getting the call of the guy he likes, Marco tries his way of cheering up which was very creepy especially the clown scene.

Marco thought the best way to cheer up Star is....to bring her enemies.....lol. I do like the scene where some of the new henchmen are introduce also i laugh so hard when one of the monsters interrupted her rudely that i laugh how she gasp at him lol.