1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Star vs. the Forces of Evil" Series Talkback Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by zoombie, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Finally got around to watching the two latest episodes. The first one was pretty good, but the second one was straight up good. The second episode was like Blood Bowl.

For a scrawny fella, Marco can fight; whooping bad guys bigger than him. Dude gives Finn from Adventure Time a run for his money.

Also, those cheerleaders were never gonna distract the enemy team with their booty shaking. You gotta have a badonkadonk to do a proper mesmerizing booty shake. Just ask Amber Rose. :p

2. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Star vs. the forces of Evil is so my favorite new Disney action/comedy cartoon, it's pretty hilarious/enjoyable with sweet funny comedy, funny good vs. evil plots, funny wacky episodes[​IMG], and lots of sweet potential.Both Princess Star Butterfly, Marco, Princess Pony[​IMG] Head, King Butterfly & Queen Butterfly, Mr. Diaz & Mrs. Diaz, King Pony Head, Ferguson & Alfonzo, Jackie, Principal Skeeves, Miss Skullnick, Lars the school bully, Ludo/Buff Frog, and Tom are all awesome likable enjoyable characters/villains:D.Princess Star Butterfly is so cute/hilarious along with her screw-ups at times, hahahahaha, but her/Marco's relationship is so funny/sweet as much as they are amazing fighters which they're like Kim Possible/Ron Stoppable(awesome funny couple) which Marco is much like Ron which they're both funny, hahahahahahahaha.Both Star/Marco make a cute couple though, but I smell a love[​IMG] triangle between Star, Marco, and Jackie, hehehehe.Princess Star Butterfly is so like Starfire/Miharu(Girls Bravo) on being awesome silly naive alien girls, so epic.The Pony Heads are the best awesome ridiculous bizarre characters ever!!!!!

Princess Pony Head is easily my favorite funny enjoyable sociopathic jerkette protagonist who plays the "terrible bad influence friend" role for Star which was great.Her bullying nature/clashing on Marco was funny along with her well-deserved bashings as well, hahahahahaha, but her soft sides/anti-hero moments were pretty sweet as well.

Both Ludo, Tom, Lars, Brittany Wong, Jeremy, Miss Skullnick, the Warriors, and the Tentacle Arm are my favorite awesome entertaining nasty villains/antagonists:D, Ludo was funny/enjoyable and while Brittany, Lars, and Jeremy were great enjoyable nasty bully/jerkhole antagonists along with their well-deserved bashings, hehehe.The writers so love creating "mean bully girl" antagonists to antagonize the epic likable girl protagonists/heroines do they, but next to Brittany Wong, both Sherri & Terri, Angelica Pickles[​IMG], Mandy/Mindy(Totally Spies!), Mandy/Mindy, Wendy[​IMG] Winkle, Sissi(Code: LYOKO), Brianna/Kendall, Suzi(Camp Lakebottom), and Pacifica Northwest were my favorite "mean bully girl" antagonists though, hehehe, but both Angelica, Sissi, and Pacifica's soft sides/character development was great which I felt sorry for Pacifica though.

Both Party with a Pony, Match Maker[​IMG], and School Spirit were pretty awesome hilarious episodes.

#22 Radical, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  3. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

Well considering the intro features them running through a bunch of different dimensions, it'd be quite the bait-and-switch if it was all (or 90%) high school stuff. I don't mind some high school, after all a lot of the comedy comes from Star not knowing things about Earth (though that could get old quick), that's why I think a 50/50 split would be about right.

4. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

I'd imagine producing both Penn Zero and Wander would eat up Disney's "new setting" budget.

5. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

^ That sounds quite believable, especially seeing how it's the same animation studio as far as I know

6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Hearing that worries me a lot - I want all of these shows to get proper footing, but not if it means cutting budgets, just to meet a quota. The quality drops would hurt these shows too much, IMHO - especially if they don't have huge followings to begin with.

7. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Fun fact: Brittany Wong is voiced by Karai from the live action TMNT flick.

8. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Down't worry, Star already has a huge following, definitely bigger than the other two shows
    it had before it even started, and it just continues growing

9. I.R. Shokew

Actually - it's the other two shows (Penn Zero, WoY) I'm worried about right now lagging behind, should budget issues ever come up. One hyped up show (like Star Vs.), now that I think hard enough about it, isn't enough to keep interest in a channel, IMHO.

10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Welp, I thought the second was the better of the two. The first seemed to be going in a lot of different directions, but couldn't settle on what it wanted to do. The diminutive villain was also kinda lackluster. I hope he has better schemes other than just "Attack Star! Steal the Wand!" or he's gonna get really tiresome. The second episode was real frantic, but it was also pretty funny. It was also a little overstuffed, though it did a better job of tying all its threads together. I also like that Star quickly recognized that "mean girl" was insulting her. She's from another dimension that doesn't mean she's never encountered jerks before.

Bad Guy: 5
    Magical Mayhem: 9
    Plot A: 6
    Plot B: 9
    Morals: They're There.

Final Score: 40

#30 JoeMabbon, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  11. I.R. Shokew

.....And that's one more saving grace, besides Marco in general, that's gong to keep me interested in this show if we have to deal with that stupid mean girl (and that jerkwad troll teacher) again...

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Maybe this could be for her, what Legend Of Korra was for the actress that played Yue in the Last Airibneder or maybe not. This character is no Asami Sato.

13. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Not sure what you're trying to say.

14. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well in regards to Gravity Falls comparison, I say I see one comparison, the main crush girl character are similar, Jackie does remind me of Wendy, has a bit of a cool tom boyish but not enough to really be a tom girl and seemingly nice (don't enough about Jackie to fully judge her), the big difference there is no creepy age difference, so nothing standing in Marco's way. It is okay to root from him to get the girl he has a crush on.

BTW, Macro karate rival, I have been waiting for this to post this, so yes it is like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8M_QrSf40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ

15. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

They're really making me love Star herself quite a bit. Her facial expressions alone are pure gold, really reminiscent of early Ren & Stimpy stuff.

16. Gatordragon

I'm surprised this show got away with this scene in "Monster Arm".

[​IMG]

This was my reaction when I first saw it.

[​IMG]

17. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

I think this is the best animated cartoon out right now. Star is very expressive, as are many of the other characters. My only complaint so far is that the writing is kind of weak, and it's a little too gross at times. They also should add a few more "Forces of Evil" for Star to deal with than Dark Lord Ludo the Silly Piggy. It's the only cartoon outside of Gravity Falls right now that I'm finding interesting and watchable.

18. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

It looks like they're going to do just that. And HA, I knew Ludo seemed familiar.
    [video=youtube;NGMMVLASOrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGMMVLASOrM[/video]

19. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

The first story was okay. I can't think of much more to say about it. A little overstuffed, like they could've devoted more time to either story. The second episode had some funny big box store jokes here and there, but didn't feel particularly sharp. I thought it was a little weird that Star doesn't have a back-up charger for her wand. The tiny unicorn powering the wand on a treadmill made me smile. Nice bit of classic comedy there.

Retail Jokes: 7
    Klassic Komedy: 8
    Villains: Need more of 'em
    Bad Day Stuff: Yep.
    Dimensional Scissors: Oh, yeah.

Final Score: C+

20. Gatordragon