SpongeBob SquarePants The Krusty Sponge/Squidwood Talkback

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ShadowGUN, Jul 24, 2007.

?

Rate this episode

Poll closed Aug 3, 2007.
  1. *****

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. *

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Didn't see a thread for this.
    The Krusty Sponge
    A food critic gives SpongeBob high ratings and Mr. Krabs makes a Krusty Krab sponge themed restaurant.​

Squidwood
    SpongeBob makes Squidward replica after he refuse to play with him. However, the replica succeds in all Squidward dreams leading him to try to get rid of him​

Review
    The Krusty Sponge- LOL Never though I see Gene Shalit in SpongeBob. The various SpongeBob products remind me some of the product Nick makes of SpongeBob. Anyway I enjoy the episode.

Squid Wood - Mini Squidward was great. Even better than real Squidward. I give this episode 8/10.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  2. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

I liked Squidwood when I saw it on the season 4 part 2 DVD. Haven't seen the other cartoon yet.

3. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Someone should've made a talkback for Spy Buddies/Boat Smarts/Good Ole Whatshisname.

The Krusty Sponge: I'm actually surprised out of all the people they could have got to guest star. They get Gene Shalit. The episode itself was pretty amusing. Especially the ending.

Squidwood: Eh, started off good, when it got to the Krusty Krab it slowed down. And when it was the dancing scene I it stopped completely. If that trimmed that down, we might've seen how successful Mini-Squidward became.

The Krusty Sponge: A
    Squidwood: B+

Overall: A-

4. RockoFan

RockoFan I am now utterly normal

THE KRUSTY SPONGE: Another one of Mr. Krabs's desperate money making attempts. At least this one way actually funny. I give this one: Three stars out of five

SQUIDWOOD: Definately one of the more clever SpongeBobs. Just hilarious. I feel sorry for Squidward though (the real one). I give this one: Four stars out of five

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  5. Kryten

Kryten I've been Pony'd

The Krusty Sponge. Average. Not particularly funny. No real ending. C.
    Squid Wood: Could have been interesting, but they went with the obvious "everyone likes fake Squidward better" angle. And the extended dance scene really felt like padding. C-.

6. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

The Krusty Sponge: You would think with the rarity that Spongebob actually uses guest stars they'd try for something more then just getting Gene to do a few lines in the beginning and appear in the opening. Although it is rare for a guest star to actually voice a character sort of similar but not exactly themselves with a very similar but different name. And there were some good moments: Spongebob and Krabs spasming at the thought of the critic, Squidward's indifference to him, all the Spongebob merchandise Mr. Krabs made, Squidward's spongebob costume and tke Krabby patties making everyone look like sick Spongebob zombies. All of the Spongebob pimping did get tiring after awhile though and the ending was a bit too cruel for Squidwardh wne he didn't even do anything. So overall decent but flawed segment.

Squidwood- I find that Squidward episodes start off hilariously but only some can keep that momentum going throughout them. This one kind of petered out with Squidwood's long dance sequence and Krusty Krab visit. Still the whole opening was good with Squidward constantly having to deal with Spongebob when bathing, painting or even just getting up in the morning. Not to mention the little Squidward had some cute moments being noticed by Patrick and actually getting a record deal. And the Spongebob with Spongebob puppet was a better ending then just seeing the Squidward puppet immediatley on a record rubbing his success into Squidward or something.