1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SweetShop209, May 5, 2015.

1. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

2. cheril59

cheril59 Member

Promo for the new season's ep, Whirlybrains:

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, no discussion for last Saturday's new SpongeBob? Ratings were doing good and adult demo is very high in 0.5, so does adult seem interested than most kids? I'm not generalizing this, I'm just referring a point.

#83 kanc, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. 19MagiswordLane

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

6. SmileyToonatic

I really wish people would stop spreading rumors like this. Why would Nick cancel SpongeBob right now? It still gets pretty good ratings and still remains relevant to kids today. Besides, the show still has two more seasons left in production, and we all know how Nick stretches out premieres to make a show last longer. If SpongeBob does get cancelled, it wouldn't be until at least 2019, whenever the show turns 20 years old, season 11 has finished airing, and the third theatrical movie is released, which will most likely be the series finale. 20 years of an animated cartoon is more than an accomplishment. I honestly can't see the show go on after that. I know 2019 is three years away, but a lot can change over that time. If SpongeBob's ratings do plummet in the next three years, 2019 would be a very appropriate time to end SpongeBob.

#86 SmileyToonatic, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

[​IMG]
    "Whirly Brains"
    Airs October 15 2016 at 10:30AM on Nickelodeon.
    SpongeBob and Patrick get hooked on the latest fad – flying your own brain like a tiny drone

8. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I enjoyed this episode. it was a great start for the 10th season. The plot was very unique (i'm gonna ignore anyone who judges it), the humor was more comedic than usual, and best of all, the animation is so expressive that you can tell most of the expressions are getting close to Ren and Stimpy levels. There were so much funny/great moments like when SpongeBob and Patrick spy on Squidward, Sandy getting aggressive with Ed Asner's (he guest stars in this episode) character, and the ending with Squidward running around naked. The only part I don't like was when they got the baby's diaper on their head/brains which was gross. I will give this a 9/10.

Fun facts:
    The reason why the animation is so fluid than usual (in other, it has an animation bump, even moreso than season 9.2), is because Bob Jaques was the animation director for this episode. So that's why the animation/expressions felt so much like Ren and Stimpy.
    The writer of this episode, Mr Lawrence, replaces Kyle McCulloch as the story editor (although it's odd because he also has that job in Mighty Magiswords).
    Paul Tibbitt is officially gone (Hillenburg is the sole executive producer). Which means that Vincent Waller and Marc Ceccarelli are now the actual showrunners for this episode and later (they had this position since Patrick! The Game)

9. PinkiePie97

Weird concept, but I liked it. I loved it when Squidward ran out of his house screaming "ALIENS!" That made the episode for me. Also, I never knew Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff have been secretly dating all this time.

10. cheril59

cheril59 Member

I checked the credits for today's new episode, and they have two new songs for "Mermaidpants".

"I Hate SpongeBob I Hate Patrick" sung by Squidward
    "Mermaidman Our Hero" sung by SpongeBob and Patrick

11. 19MagiswordLane

I can't believe Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are still on the show, even after Ernest Borgnine's passing. I thought they would be phased out or removed.

12. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    "Snail Mail"
    Airs October 22 2016 at 10:30AM on Nickelodeon.
    SpongeBob accidentally fibs to his pen pal, but when his friend comes to visit, SpongeBob must keep the ruse going.

#92 PinkiePie97, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  13. PinkiePie97

I thought it was a good episode. I really liked it when Spongebob tried to control the plane after losing control.

14. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/790700530825781249

This confirms Ben Gruber's first episode he written on the show, which is called Unreal Estate. If you don't know who he is, he wrote Teen Titans Go (a lot of the newer episodes), Breadwinners, Speed Racer: The Next Generation, and Monk (freelance)

Andrew Goodman, on the other hand, had already written 4 episodes, but as of season 10, he is officially part of the writing staff now. Can't wait to see some of their episodes.

15. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    "MermaidPants"
    Airs October 29 2016 at 10:30AM on Nickelodeon.
    SpongeBob and Patrick have fun playing as superheroes Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy until their sworn enemies arrive.

#95 PinkiePie97, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  16. Action!

Action! Active Member

10/10. Pretty funny episode. The Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy costumes looks different. I noticed that Mr. Krabs is a comic book nerd.

17. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

6/10, It had some funny moments but my problem has to be how Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were not here, and I know Krabs and Squidward were just playing supervillain but they were just unlucky here and I don't think they really deserved to see what the episode had in store for them.

18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

that's because they didn't, only SpongeBob and Patrick pretending to be superheroes: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. This explains Ernest passed away earlier this year.

19. PinkiePie97

I thought it was pretty good. Never knew Mr. Krabs was such a comic book geek. And I guess the real Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy should probably start keeping an eye on Squidward. Yeah, it did seem like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were going to be in this episode, but I guess they weren't.
    It was actually 2012.

20. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Really great episode. Of course, the beginning kinda dragged it down by typical SpongeBob/Patrick annoy Squidward routine, but once Mr Krabs make an appearance, the episode starts to pick up. That is until we know that he's a comic book geek. That is when the episode got much interesting with the plot. I really enjoyed most of their acting as superheroes and villains. Especially Squidward as Doctor Negative, which suits his personality so well. Animation is still top notch, though not as much as Whirlybrains. I'll say it's a tad better than that episode, at least imo. 9/10