1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SweetShop209, May 5, 2015.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cave Dwelling Sponge/The Clam Whisperer
    Airs September 23, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    When a prehistoric sponge is unfrozen, he causes chaos all over town and only SpongeBob can communicate with him; when a flock of clams descend on Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob has to get them out before they ruin the whole town.​

2. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. PinkiePie97

I loved seeing SpongeBob migrate with the clams in The Clam Whisperer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Cave Dwelling Sponge:
    My expectations for this episode was rather mixed. Not that I thought it was gonna bland and poor, but the plot wasn't anything to make a big deal about. Thankfully, it ended up being just barely good. This episode's Caveman SpongeBob was good, character and design-wise. He didn't really hurt this episode that much. I didn't really liked how SpongeBob got arrested for something he didn't do. The last few minutes were unexpected and the best parts of the episode. Perch Perkins show the show to be honest, and there was a fourth wall joke in the last scene. All in all, decent episode. Not the best way to start off season 11, production code wise, but it's watchable.

Clam Whisperer:In my opinion, this was the better episode out of today's segments. It's been awhile since we had episodes dedicated to clams. That's why I was so curious to see this one. It ended up being what I hoped for. Only flaw was the humor did dragged the episode down. Doesn't surprise that Ben Gruber wrote this one, cause it's clearly a season 10 episode in disguise. The characters are mostly out of character, aside from Krabs and SpongeBob. Not that it's a bad thing, although Squidward had been losing it very often in post-sequel era so far. Patrick was basically there, and he was very melodramatic in the beginning. Krabs still had his usual selves, but it surprises me that he wanted to use the clams for greed. Nevertheless, there's still funny moments, but it's just feel like too season 10, humor-wise. Plot is still great though, even for Gruber standards.

Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom airing on Friday the 13th is great timing for a Halloween special. Can't wait to see it and I'm glad it's already sooner than I excepted.

5. PinkiePie97

6. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    Man Ray Returns/Larry the Floor Manager
    Airs September 30, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    When Man Ray rents Squidward's house for the weekend, SpongeBob and Patrick must stop his evil vacation; Mr. Krabs takes a vacation and makes Larry the Lobster the temporary manager of the Krusty Krab.​

7. SmileyToonatic

Ok, being so busy lately and nothing really incredibly interesting on TV, it's been a good while since I've woken up on Saturday morning to watch a new cartoon. I woke up just in time to see the new SpongeBob, and I'm more than glad I tuned in!

Man Ray Returns-The episode.....was amazing!!! It didn't drag on once, excitement every second. Which is rare for this season! I was more than pleased with this episode. I'm glad they're keeping Mermaidman even though the voice actor died. But I wonder who will replace him? Anyways, great episode, the plot line was really creative, Squidward inviting Man Ray as a house guest while he's away. And believe me, the execution was spot on. It was funny how SpongeBob and Patrick assumed Man Ray was up to evil when he was only on vacation. The animation was excellent and again the writing was better than usual. B-

Larry the Floor Manager-Definitely my least favorite premiere this morning. The beginning was....strange. Mr. Krabs was overreacting to well....everything. The animation wasn't nearly as fluid in this one. It was kinda stiff to say the least. The plot dragged on a little. But it immediately picked up when Larry the Lobster took over the restaurant and made it into a gym. The protein shake gags were pretty funny. Not at lot I can say about this one. It's your usual modern episode. Always nice to see a Larry episode. C-

8. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Larry the Floor Manager:Since the worst post-sequel writer wrote this episode (who's remotely responsible for the show's increasing wackiness in the last season) for the most part, I wasn't excepting much here. Thankfully, it's better than I excepted, but it's still not what I have in mind. When I saw "Floor Manager" in the title, I thought Larry was going to become a crew member for a movie or something. Instead, it's another KK episode, but they still handled it well. It was kinda funny that Larry turned the Krusty Krab into the gym, abandoning the purpose of the KK. I was also wanting Larry to be like his appearance in The Check-up, but not seeing him dressed like Krabs was a bummer. The writer of this episode continues to have a thing against Squidward, who still goes insane for the sake of comedy. SpongeBob, Krabs and larry are thankfully in character, though. But Bubble Bass really stole the show for me here. His appearance was a lot like Pickles when he makes a long order. The ending was hilarious as well. It went from Healthy Krab to Fatty Krab in one minute. All in all, a good episode, but the plot would've been something better.

May Ray Returns: I was looking forward to this sequel to Mermaid Pants. Let's the cons out of the way, it had a VERY ANNOYING beginning. SB and Patrick regressed back to their worst selves (seasons 6-7, that is) when they find out that Squidward was leaving. Because, we need a SB&Patrick episode that had to revolved on one scene they bother Squidward for no reason (That's why seasons 6-7 suffered for that reason). Plus, the setup was predictable towards the end, But I digress. Flaws aside, this was a great episode. It is just as great as Mermaid Pants. SpongeBob and Patrick become their post-sequel selves again later on once man Ray came to the picture. Man Ray himself was well-written, even if he didn't really feel too much of a threat until the sudden plot which like I said came off as predictable. Nick Carr surprised me with the tracks here (fitting title card music, check, return of two Hawaiian tracks, check, tons of super hero music, check). Honestly, the action and most of the middle section were the best thing about the episode. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy made cameo. It's a shame Ernest Borgnine isn't with us anymore, but non-speaking is the only way this Mermaid Pants plot is going work. While SpongeBob and Patrick should've been written better here, it was still a fun episode. I hope there's another Mermaid Pants episode later on.

9. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    Feral Friends/Don’t Wake Patrick
    Airs October 6, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    A strange moon turns everyone in town into wild animals, and Sandy is the only one who can save them; Patrick is sleepwalking, and SpongeBob is unable to wake him up.​

10. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Feral Friends
    Season 10 was a rollercoaster of season imo. The season itself in tone bipolar, but I won't get too off-topic about it, let's review this episode instead...it was a strange episode, but in a good way. This is the best surrealness I've seen in the 10th season. Everything about it worked. I enjoyed seeing Patchy and Potty again. I noticed Potty is now voiced by Mr. Doug Lawrence. He's somewhat more higher pitched than Stephen Hillenburg and Paul Tibbitt's take on the character, but it's jarring because I couldn't even tell if it was actually him (Mr. Lawrence is easy to tell apart in voices). What made the episode really interesting is the narrator is actually real. He's basically a guy in a water suit, probably living his life narrating the world of SpongeBob. I'm glad this ended up being the most Sandy centered episode of the season, because here's the thing: Sandy only appeared in 4 episodes, yet her voice actress Carolyn Lawrence actually get speaking lines for other characters in some episodes I think it's a slap in the face. Either way, the plot here was unique, it's basically a weird one as I mention. It's kinda like Pressure where everyone become real life animals, but animated. The continuity is pretty strong here because Mr Krabs and Mrs Puff spent the episode interacting with each other. Mr Lawrence must really ship these two so much (he did came up with the idea of Krusty Love after all, and this was brought up again in Whirlybrains, an episode he written). The climax was exciting to watch, although in the end it was pretty weird to see everyone even Pearl and Mrs. Puff naked. Also, Patrick got a big butt. All in all, it's an awesome episode and ones of my favorite of the otherwise underwhelming 10th season. I still preferred Mimic Madness though.

Don't Wake Patrick
    Nothing much to review about this episode. I will say this, it's the calmest episode I've seen in this season, which had the attention spam of an ADHD person (no offense). I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing). Although it was kinda dull due to that reason, I thought some of the visual gags made up for it. It should be noted that this is the first post-sequel episode to be board driven (as Brian Morante, the storyboard artist, helped Mr. Lawrence wrote some of the script, probably the only lines for this episode). Although, it's ironic, the shortest season 10 episode had 2 writers. I will give them credits, I liked seeing SpongeBob trying to get Patrick back to his rock house, by going to different places as Patrick sleepwalks. Repetitive but kinda fun. Though, this is the weakest of the Patrick "shorts" episode since Rise and Shine, Donut of Shame, and Pat No Pay were funnier imo. Nothing bad about the episode itself, but it's just an okay episode altogether.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I posted on advertisement thread and since no one responded or know what im talking about, im posting on this thread though. I am asking what spongebob ad was promoted, best pets day?

12. PinkiePie97

I'm pretty sure they were promoting something, but I can't remember what it was exactly. Sorry.

13. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom
    Airs October 13, 2017 at 7 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
    It's Halloween in Bikini Bottom, and the Flying Dutchman is going to make sure everyone's scared - including SpongeBob.​

14. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

It was a pretty cute special, and probably the closest a Spongebob episode has felt to the S1 days.

It had a very "Muppets" feel to it, mostly due to the absolute gorgeous set design. I have to hand it to the Sponge crew, they really know how to do alternate animation styles when they can.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Full review will be posted in another website, but all I gotta say, it was an amazing special. Almost just as great as the Christmas stop motion special. I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this one, based from the tweets I searched. Song was great, music was top-notch (KUDOS Nick Carr for getting your A game on, which is some of your best music editing I've seen in years), animation style from Sally Cruikshank was trippy to watch and the comedy feels like the old days (at least, aside from fast pacing, it feels like a season 9B episode at best).

Definitely worth watching every October... 10/10

16. PinkiePie97

A week of new episodes will air in November.

17. Ghostbuster

18. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I enjoyed the special fairly, It had its moments though I will admit it did get really dark with the soul part, I do like the use of Spongebob's inner child side but seeing him feel horror for his loved ones souls was a bit too much for me.

19. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    Teacher's Pests/Krabby Patty Creature Feature
    Airs October 21, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    Mr. Krabs and Plankton have to take boating school classes; a new secret krabby patty formula has disastrous results for Bikini Bottom, and only SpongeBob can save the day.​

20. Ghostbuster

This was just posted on YouTube:

SpongeBob SquarePants RARE Pilot (1997) Intro (Widescreen)