1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SweetShop209, May 5, 2015.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Steve Buscemi and Joe Pantoliano are guest starring in The Getaway, which airs this Saturday.

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I noticed that one of the eps revealed for season 11 is given the name "Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star II", making me wonder if that's how the show is going to use the superhero motif from now on.

Honestly I do like that they seemed to have retired the actual heroes from speaking roles, presumably out of respect for Ernest Borgnine. And I definitely think it's best they don't find a replacement either; the video game "Battle for Bikini Bottom" had some other guy voice the character and he didn't even try to sound like Borgnine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

So in other words SpongeBob and Patrick become Mermaid-man and Barnacle-boy?

4. Toon4Thought

No, they are just acting as the characters, much like what they did during the second half of Man Ray's first appearance. Obviously so they can continue the spirit of Mermaidman's episodes without having to replace Borgnine.

5. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    The Getaway/Lost and Found
    Airs June 10, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    When SpongeBob mistakes an escaped convict for his driving instructor, it is the new teacher who learns a lesson; Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob in search of a missing toy, and SpongeBob finds himself lost in the lost-and-found.​

#225 PinkiePie97, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  6. PinkiePie97

The Getaway - I liked this episode. I really enjoyed seeing the convict having to deal with SpongeBob.

Lost and Found - Liked this one too. I enjoyed seeing what SpongeBob found in the lost and found, and seeing him try to escape with the toy he was sent to get.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. SmileyToonatic

Today's eps were alright-

Really liked The Getaway, the high speed and frenetic cartoon energy was fun to watch, along with the always fluid animation. Although the plot kinda became cluttered at the end, when all the cops were chasing SpongeBob and the convict.

Lost and Found was okay, Iiked how the Krusty Krab had a huge underground world of lost and found items, I loved how far fetched and cartoony that was. Poor little kid who lost his teddy fish kept crying...poor little kid.

Overall not a bad batch, pretty good way to kick off the summer, definitely the better episodes from this year. Let's hope this episode did good in ratings, last week's eps practically bombed in ratings, if the show keeps scoring low ratings, the next two years of this show is uncertain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

SpongeBob is getting dismal ratings because kids are watching Teen Titans Go on CN

EDIT: How is this funny?

It's the truth!

• Funny Funny x 2
    #228 Mikurotoro92, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  9. PinkiePie97

Here's the promo for the Nick premiere of Sponge Out of Water. It will air that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 8 P.M.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toon4Thought

Even more than two years after the fact, the marketing still oversells the CG/live-action portion. Go figure.

11. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I guess I'll be watching Sponge out of Water if only because I grew up with SpongeBob

However after that I am officially done with the franchise, unless I re-rent the game "Battle for Bikini Bottom"

Good-bye SpongeBob SquarePants...

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Looks good to have the movie get advertising though I still think the date would have been better around the 4th of July for it to have gotten more of a special appeal.

13. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    Patrick's Coupon/Out of the Picture
    Airs June 17, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    Patrick has a coupon for free ice cream, but he has to get to the store if he wants to use it; Mr. Krabs buys Squidward's art, but to make a profit on his purchase he will have to get the artist out of the picture.​

#233 PinkiePie97, Jun 16, 2017
  14. PinkiePie97

Patrick's Coupon - I liked this episode. I enjoyed seeing what Patrick went through to get that ice cream.

Out of the Picture - I liked this one too. I enjoyed seeing the deliveries Squidward made and him and Mr. Krabs destroy the Krusty Krab.

15. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Eh, i'm definitely not a fan of Ben Gruber's episodes. They are just way too cruel and rude for something like Spongebob. Now, i'm not saying that Spongebob has never gotten rude or has had dark moments before, but the ones in Gruber's episodes are just a little too much for me. Like in the beginning of Out of the Picture, Squidward calls everyone dummies just because they haven't bought his paintings. I thought that that felt out of place and a little too rude, even for Squidward. There are other moments/examples like this in more of Gruber's episodes.

To give some background, Ben Gruber used to be a writer for Teen Titans Go! (some of season 2, the majority of season 3, and some of season 4 before leaving onto Spongebob for whatever reason). His rude humor can obviously be seen through the work he has done for TTG!, and so I feared of his work on Spongebob when I first saw his name for season 10. I really hope he turns down the disgustingness, violence, and rude humor on Spongebob, because that's not what Spongebob was all about. Now, i'm not saying that I own Spongebob nor work on it so it shouldn't be my priority to criticize writers on the show, but all i'm asking is to tone down on the rude humor.

I'm probably going to be more reluctant in watching his later episodes, but i'll still give them a try I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #235 SuperFan2024, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  16. PinkiePie97

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Interesting. Not very often you see a Halloween special these days, and a stop motion one to boot. I can't recall their being any actually. The last special was a clear nod and parody of Rankin Bass and their famous specials so the stop motion made sense but I don't think there was any they made for Halloween, of course they could switch gears to parody Tim Burton/Henry Selick.

In any case I'll be looking forward to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. PinkiePie97

19. PinkiePie97

[​IMG]
    Spot Returns/The Checkup
    Airs June 24, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    When his pet amoeba Spot has puppies, Plankton decides to use them in another of his nefarious plots; Mr. Krabs is afraid to get his physical, but if he does not pass the Krusty Krab will be shut down.​

#239 PinkiePie97, Jun 24, 2017
  20. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins