1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SweetShop209, May 5, 2015.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Plankton Retires/Trident Trouble
    Airs March 25, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
    Plankton closes the Chum Bucket and moves to a new town, but Mr. Krabs suspects he is still up to no good; when SpongeBob accidentally picks up Neptune's magic trident, there is no telling what trouble he may cause.​

#181 PinkiePie97, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. PinkiePie97

I liked today's episodes. I enjoyed seeing Mr. Krabs getting Plankton when he tried to steal the formula and I loved the montage with the robot look alikes at the end in Plankton Retires, and I thought the trouble SpongeBob caused in Trident Trouble was fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dezIsNosredna

dezIsNosredna New Member

Hey I'm new here in this forum, so I thought the first thing I write is something about one of my favourite shows: SpongeBob Squarepants.
    I really like the series, and I have 2 DVDs of it.
    I liked Seasons 2 and 3 very much they were veeeeery good!!
    Season 1 was kind of meh. And the same with Season 4.
    I didn't saw much from Seasons 5-7 but maaany people say got worse, and worse.
    I don't think so. Yes there is definitly a difference of quality, when you compare Season 3 and Season 6, but from what I've seen they are kind of Meh.
    But who knows? I have seen not everything.
    Season 9b is cool, and Season 10 is actually nice.
    :) What do you think about SpongeBob Squarepants?

4. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

According to a post from the Nick Animation podcast blog, the next Nick Podcast episode will feature the current showrunners/supervising producers of SpongeBob, Vincent Waller & Marc Ceccarelli. This makes me happy, because they're acknowledging that they're current people in charge of the show. Hopefully this will reminds the modern SpongeBob haters that Paul Tibbitt is no longer in charge anymore and the unnecessary hating on him will stop.

Source: http://nickanimation25.tumblr.com/ (Keep up with our intrepid host Hector on his own Twitter and Instagram pages. And stay tuned to NickAnimation25 next week for our interview with SpongeBob SquarePants artists Marc Ceccarelli and Vince Waller!)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I find it VERY odd that Hillenburg hasn't been on the Nick Animation Podcast yet!

You would think as much as Viacom loves SpongeBob that he would have been the first person to be on the podcast but I guess not...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I agree, most of the others have except him, he is a big part of the Nick Animation industry afterall.

7. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Maybe he has a grudge against Viacom after what happened with the first movie but I still find it weird that he has yet to show up!

8. PinkiePie97

He still works at Nick, so that doesn't really make sense to me.

9. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Stephen will be a guest during season two according to the trailer for the season:

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I finally watched Plankton Retires, and It was yet another episode with little to talk about other than being a Plankton fooled ya story, like New Leaf.

I wasn't impressed with this one because it just felt way to long and not much really happened for the first 1/3 Plankton steps in traps, then the other 1/3 Krabs and Spongebob follow Plankton then the last 1/3 was the worst of it.

Ultimately I give an F because nothing was impressive unfortunately to this story other than it is something not new and just blatant filler for most of the episode.

11. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Yeah the show is running out of ideas!

Even the long-time fans have to agree

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. PinkiePie97

The podcast is up.

According to their Tumblr, season 2 ends next week with an interview inside The Loud House writers' room. So I wonder if either they're holding it off until next season, of they couldn't get him for some reason and decided to interview the showrunners instead.

13. Ghostbuster

According to Vincent Waller, Stephen Hillenburg has ruled out SpongeBob doing any crossover, including with The Loud House:

14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Would've been nice if spongebob and loud house could have got crossover but it is too bad there won't be any since it's not in same universe..

15. Ghostbuster

SpongeBob premiered 18 years ago today! Happy anniversary, SpongeBob! :)

16. PinkiePie97

17. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

The show got renewed for a 12th season. Hopefully they'll have some fresh ideas and not rely on gimmicks unlike FOP and The Simpsons had been doing for the past several years

#197 fsaenz0125, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  18. Hudzmaster

Hudzmaster New Member

One of my very favorite cartoons it's still one of my favorite shows. It may have gone the route of the simpsons with lasting for decades. And seasons 6-9 may be horrible with messing up the characters but. Season 10s great they got Some traits of earlier episodes back but gave it a brand new style of humor and writing and that made for some great new episodes. I believe this is thanks to Stephan hillenberg coming back. Patrick's back to being a funny stupid character instead of a brain dead jerk like he is in bad episodes and they brought back the hidden adult jokes. I think it's one of those shows that works the best as a nick toon I don't think it would be the same if they had it on CN or Disney but maybe that's because I've been seeing it on nick since I was 5. It probably wouldn't have lasted as long on the other networks but. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney tryed to buy it out since they bought many other childhood icons. but they probably wouldn't get it because it's such an iconic nick toon on less they buy out nick or something.

#198 Hudzmaster, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  19. Ghostbuster

There may be new SpongeBob episodes in June:

A tidbit of info: Morgan Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch were invited to guest star on SpongeBob, but sadly declined:

20. Aparent

Aparent Active Member